Pokemon Catcher Confirmed for Emerging Powers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh cool. Glad to see that Pokemon Catcher is confirmed. Beartic is probably going to be a pain in the upcoming meta.

Thanks for posting this. =)

Does… does that tin mean that we're getting Ability Emboar's as tin promo's?

Off-Topic – Afro-G, nope, I'm not mad. ;D

I'm very intrigued to see what English-exclusive cards we'll be getting to explain Beartic being #30 in the set despite there only being around 20 Grass, Fire and Water Japanese cards pre-Red Collection that we haven't gotten yet.

I'm posting this before about 80% of the forum whines that Catcher is being printed. Seriously guys, you knew it was coming and stop deluding yourselves. It was only a matter of time and the next set was the most likely time anyway.

Be grateful that Catcher won't be legal at Worlds - the English release of this set will be around August, as it usually is, and because of the timing of prereleases it won't be legal at Worlds (much like Supreme Victors wasn't either).

You may all heave a big sigh of relief.
also, long time no see, Frost

Frost said:
I'm very intrigued to see what English-exclusive cards we'll be getting to explain Beartic being #30 in the set despite there only being around 20 Grass, Fire and Water Japanese cards pre-Red Collection that we haven't gotten yet.

good point, didn't notice that. maybe they might actually give us a playable grass type.

I mean, I basically count...

1-2 Pansage (Beginning Set - confirmed in the news post), Simisage (BW-P Promo?)
3-7 Sewaddle/Swadloon (Black, Virizion Deck), Leavanny (Black)
8-10 Cottonee (Black, Virizion Deck), Whimsicott (Black)
11 Virizion (Virizion Deck)
12-13 Pansage (Beginning Set), Simisear (BW-P Promo?)
14-15 Darumaka, Darmanitan (Virizion Deck)
16-17 Panpour (Beginning Set), Simipour (BW-P Promo?)
18 Basculin (Black)
19-21 Cubchoo (Black, Virizion Deck), Beartic (Black)

I'm guessing they'll probably make a few exclusive Fire cards to quell the pyromaniacs, because otherwise this set will be very light on the red cards.

I'd say at the very least we'll get an exclusive Leavanny, Whimsicott and Beartic. They seem to be avoiding "orphaned" cards. The rest could be anything.

None of those three are technically "orphaned" though - the BW base set also had a few evolved Pokemon with only one card while their pre-evolutions had two: Darmanitan, Galvantula, Gurdurr, Watchog, Herdier.

I think Cobalion will be even bigger of a pain. It abuses Sp. Metal and does the same thing for the same energy(except non-DCE compatible) for more damage, and is a Basic. However, the Fire weakness does hurt it, and I could see this teched into Bearplume in a mirror match.

I have neutral feelings against Catcher, I just think it will be another challenge many people will find a way to overcome. I agree with DNA; people shouldn't be whining about a card that ruins their strategy; just run 1-2 Switch to fix this situation if they drag up a high-retreat Pokemon. This may make Donchamp the BDIF, but I don't think speculating will get us any farther.

Discuss in the Front Page News Forum! Thanks.

*Locked*

dmaster out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back