BW/BW2 Pokemon Black/White Battle Music

Like Black and White Battle Music

• Total voters

Shining Dragon

Aspiring Trainer
Ive seen alot of black/White battle scenes and ive noticed the battle music it sounds awsome and is the best out of all the other generations i personally think.

What do you guys think do you like the battle music;)

i agree it sounds so freakin epic but for some reason the trainer battle music makes me think of the battle music against the champion/Rival Gary (Blue) in the original red and blue for some reason lol

DarkFoxTeam said:
i agree it sounds so freakin epic but for some reason the trainer battle music makes me think of the battle music against the champion/Rival Gary (Blue) in the original red and blue for some reason lol

ya i know it sounds different from the other games;)

i'm still hooked on the 1st gen 4-bit bleeps/bloop.. that's what i was raised on- BUT the new b/w music sounds good (so far..)..

personally, i'd like to hear more music reminiscent of earlier games remixed or orchestrally arranged in it.

not that they haven't w/ previous versions.. but more.. MORE!!

gildagra said:
i'm still hooked on the 1st gen 4-bit bleeps/bloop.. that's what i was raised on- BUT the new b/w music sounds good (so far..)..

Me too, but I love chiptunes overall, even new ones. I loved the R/S/E music so much though!

I can't honestly give an opinion on the D/P music since I skipped the games. I love the wi-fi waiting music though, lol.

The HGSS remixed music was positively AWFUL, except for all the different tunes in Ecruteak city and music that's only found in HGSS. But stuff like Goldenrod City and the "National Park Rock" made my ears bleed.

In any case, I've only seen one vid of the B/W battle music, but it seemed decent.

I really like the new music, I think it's better than the 4th gen music for sure. Some of the tunes are very creative and strange too.

The last time I was so happy about music in a pokemon game was the 3rd gen.

The HGSS remixed music was positively AWFUL, except for all the different tunes in Ecruteak city and music that's only found in HGSS. But stuff like Goldenrod City and the "National Park Rock" made my ears bleed.

yeah, i only like the music from HGSS early in the game.. like when you first step out into route 29- later on it was just kind of bland/uninteresting + they could have done a better job w/ kanto's music!!

that and i must say- d/p/pt music wasn't bad.. but nothing really memorable IMO.

it would be awesome if in gen. 5 they brought back the 'chiptune' sound but mixed w/ real sounds to give it that 'gamey' pokemon feel.

can't say much about r/s/e.. at least without hurting anyone's feelings.. mine are very negative towards that gen....

Avacado said:
as long as there's no actual singing with lyrics im fine.

Lolololol.
I would laugh so hard if this were to happen.

Ontopic: I'm actually loving the music we've heard so far. I'm not sure why, since it doesn't sound too different from what we've been hearing in past games.

SinnohTrainer17 said:
I'm actually loving the music we've heard so far. I'm not sure why, since it doesn't sound too different from what we've been hearing in past games.
I also like that they try to keep the same style as much as possible even if they do add a little new to the old. It brings more variety to the scene. IMO

SinnohTrainer17 said:
Avacado said:
as long as there's no actual singing with lyrics im fine.

Lolololol.
I would laugh so hard if this were to happen.

^^ I second this, I'd probably die of laughter if there were a load of kids singing in the background during the legendary battle(s). Having said that, I can just imagine the pure epicness (word?) of the BGM playing in a legendary battle. The fan-made version doesn't sound too bad imo.

Epic.

I think the way it pauses and continues by starting with a different tone when you're in the red HP is pretty damn awesome. It's just another one of those little touches that make it that much more enjoyable to play.

But yah, I'd be against proper lyrics. How about having voiced harmonics and the likes though? Some of the 4th gens soundtrack would have sounded nicer with proper voices rather than electronically created sound effects.

Ecko said:
I also like that they try to keep the same style as much as possible even if they do add a little new to the old. It brings more variety to the scene. IMO

Yeah. That basically sums it up. Take HGSS, for instance. I liked their music. Not because it was new, but because it was nostalgic, as most of the tunes were simply revamped.

im finally gonna play the game with the music on. havent done that since gen1 (played it after gen3). 4th gen was really forgetable except the ones i hated. really happy about the rival music! would it not be cool for the musics speed changed in the weather/status? like the sounds of a distant storm or a slower tone when a pokemon is asleep.

I like the new music. I still prefer HG/SS battle themes(the Johto trainer battle and the Kanto Gym Leader battle remixes are my personal favorite battle themes), but the new songs sound better than D/P's and even R/S's.

It's mellow and clashes well.It feels soothing and energetic albeit a bit R/S-ish.But it is nice.

Back