Pokemon Base Set theme decks

Masterpantsg

Aspiring Trainer
How do I tell if my Brushfire, Zap, Blackout, and Overgrowth decks are shadowless or not? I believe they are because I bought them with other shadowless stuff, but I'm not entirely sure. They have the years 1995, 1996, 1998, and 1999. I thought that if it had 1999 it was shadowless. Please help me out.

Masterpantsg said:
How do I tell if my Brushfire, Zap, Blackout, and Overgrowth decks are shadowless or not? I believe they are because I bought them with other shadowless stuff, but I'm not entirely sure. They have the years 1995, 1996, 1998, and 1999. I thought that if it had 1999 it was shadowless. Please help me out.

2nd Issue: This Issue contains the unlimited (non first edition) shadowless cards. Like the 1st Ed cards,
their copyright date reads, "1995, 96, 98, 99 (...) 1999". FYI, the best way to tell if your card is shadowless is by reading this text.
Non shadowless cards don't have 99 listed in the string of years.

3rd Issue: This issue was the first set in which WOTC decided to start shading the images and cards.
It was by far the largest printing of the Base Set cards. If you own any Base Set cards, odds are, they're from this Issue.
These cards are all unlimited, and have a copyright date of, "1995, 96, 98 (...) 1999".

Well, the thing is, I don't want to open these decks. I looked at one of my decks, brushfire, and the charmeleon has a first edition symbol on the box on the back. Does that mean it is a shadowless theme deck? I know how to tell if a card is shadowless though...

I haven't heard of any printing differences on the theme boxes.

I've heard something about the image printed on the back (the pic of the cards & damage counters). Supposedly its diffrent on shadowdless theme decks. Also heard about looking for that 1999 on the deck... though heard these don't guarantee it. Only way of being certain is by opening at least one (assuming they all came from the same box).

Do yours have like a yellow tape around the top (those that help you open the package easier)??? Somone on youtube said this pretty much confirms it.

check this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1n8WfOaoTQ

Back