Pokemon and Middle School. Good Combination?

Yeah... I noticed the fact that at my school, there were a few people who played the cards, but there was about 5x as much people who played the games.

LOLZ, Dragon Flames. I am already a black-belt :p

only 1 thing... bullys never try it. They will think it is all the same thing.

I would get some friends to always hang around with. I know from experience, you are less intimidating alone then with 4-5 people.

ps... if you tell them to f*** off, you'll probably just start a fight =/

elekid957 said:
if anyone told me "lol pokemons R lame you suck" I would just say "why?" "the card game isn't that childish and the video game is 100% for everyone. I think the problem with pokemon is that, when people think pokemon, they think of the TV show, which, is very childish (not dissing anyone who likes it I'm just saying it's kinda childish) so next time they tell you that I would just tell that they are thinking of the TV show which is lame, then tell them that the card/video games and totally different and they should try it first.

hope this helps! ~eleki.
well i tell them i hate the show and they keep saying stuff like "Pikachus dead" or like "Bulbasaur ivysaur and veansaur are stupid.

yeah, bullies tend to do that... unfortunately =/

hanging around with friends has worked with me for years.

If they the "pikachu's dead" thing you might as well as say "good". Because the anime is the only strong point they have, removing it from the "game" means they have nothing to hit you with. Agree with all their views on the anime, and they'll probably run out of points.

If there are Teachers around, just wait until they're not looking, punch one of them in the face, break a nose, whatever, and IF they have the guts to fight you back, the teachers will see, and THEY will get in trouble. Show these kids you mean business!

It's eventually going to all tide over and everyone's going to laugh about it later in the future, but for the mean time just keep your chin up and fists down because nothing good comes out of violence other then more violence. Eventually everything tides over, but you just have to be patient. Also, talking to parental figures and or someone else older then you, friends will suffice, can ease the pain,but I believe that it is looked down on by people of your age group. So whatever you do just stay calm and don't lose the passion you have in the things you love, because nothing is worst then losing yourself.

Lieutenant Houndoom said:
If they the "pikachu's dead" thing you might as well as say "good". Because the anime is the only strong point they have, removing it from the "game" means they have nothing to hit you with. Agree with all their views on the anime, and they'll probably run out of points.
Then they'll go into how the game has a poor plot.

Well then present the tactical side of the game. If you know about it, that is ._.

^
im insulted really i am an ok player so thats actually kinda rude. anyways i told everyone at school today that i dont care what they think and i kinda got tackled in soccer. kinda sucked.

Just keep it on the down low. If school just started, avoid them until they forget and when they ask, just say you dont play. And I love extreem soccer :D

Yeah, just don't talk about it and try to keep it on the D.L., and if they ask you about it, then just tell them that you stopped playing or you just got bored of it or something.

Plus if yopu take a look at the site here, lots of the people are older and they have friends that play it to, so just relax for a while and everything will turn out fine in the end, just as long as you don't pull any punches!

LOLZ, EXTREEM SOCCER, FTW!! :p THAT GAME ROX!!

anyways, I would avoid them. The thing where you tell them that their right about the whole 'Pikachu's Dead' thing makes sense... It's worked for...3... of my friends now??

That's so wrong with liking Pokemon. :)
Most people who enjoy pokemon statistically are in there late
teens and twenties. I'm serious.
They shouldn't make fun of you. Little do they know that
once you get into Pokemon, it isn't as dumb as it sounds. ;)

luckyluigi7 said:
That's so wrong with liking Pokemon. :)
Most people who enjoy pokemon statistically are in there late
teens and twenties. I'm serious.
They shouldn't make fun of you. Little do they know that
once you get into Pokemon, it isn't as dumb as it sounds. ;)

I under stand what your getting at, but it's middle school and nothing really makes sense.

If they say the game has poor plot, fine, agree with that too. Say that you're in it for the tactics. Say you only play it for battling against other people. Don't defend anything that you don't particularly like in the first place, or at least don't defend anything that would be hard to defend. The card game and the battling aspects are easiest to defend as they hold a high amount of tactical strategy, while most other aspects of the franchise are mostly geared towards the younger audience.

I stopped playing pokemon hitting seventh grade, not because of the grade. Its just everything about the series just flipped upside down. In the worse ways... also yes its a BAAAADD combination.

I know this isn't help but I told my friends about it and they were ok with it. My suggestion is that you say that you have been into it with your close relative and say you never grew out of it. You will get some girls that way mabye, and if they are cool, they will get your back for the 8th graders.

Really watever you do just dont tell the teachers... not only do they not do anything but if anyone found out ...

-_-

I wasn't flaming you. But you can't present the simple in-game side; i.e. just Hyper Beam/Hydro Pump/Fire Blast/Overheat/Eruption/Water Spout/Roar of Time/Spacial Rend/Iron Tail/Superpower/Focus Blast/Thunder/Leaf Storm/Hydro Cannon/Blast Burn/Strength/Sheer Cold/Guillotine/Fissure your way through the Elite Four.

The teacher thing is debatable. There are usually two classes of bullies, the ones that metaphorically step on you to make themselves higher, or they just like watching people suffer. Calling the teachers on the latter means they know that they've gotten to you, which means they've won. For the former, calling the teachers means they know that you aren't afraid of whatever they do. Unfortunately the two sides are extremely different in form of countering, which means it's rather frustrating if you get it wrong.

Back