'Pokekyun Collection' Mini-Set Coming January!

Seriously... I knew someone would come right away to say something like this...
First, if I'm not wrong, Shiny Collection was officially stated to be aimed mainly at girls. And this set is pretty much Shiny Collection 2. And what's wrong with that? They even made different XY starter sets for boys and girls...
I also didn't say that any pokémon appeal more to girls or to boys. I just said (and I'm going to quote myself) the Charizard line is a lot of times considered a "fanboy thing" but it seems you didn't read my post carefully because I also stated "I'm sure it is just as popular with girls as it is with guys".
I like that the Charizard line is in this set. I even replied to someone a few weeks ago who said Charmander was a weird choice for this set by saying I also think Charmander (and the evolved forms as well) fits as a cute (lizard) pokémon.
And, as a guy, I also like Sylveon, Aromatisse, whatever pokémon you say, because I just like every pokémon no matter how they look.
So, just chill, ok?

I'm chill, don't worry. I read your post and I did in fact read that you recognize girls like it. I was simply correcting you and saying that it isn't specifically a fanboy thing.

What I was getting at was that calling it a set specifically aimed at girls is false. As plenty of boys like the cute stuff too.

I'm chill, don't worry. I read your post and I did in fact read that you recognize girls like it. I was simply correcting you and saying that it isn't specifically a fanboy thing.

What I was getting at was that calling it a set specifically aimed at girls is false. As plenty of boys like the cute stuff too.

I know that, the "some people who call Charizard a fan boy thing" is a group I'm not part of.
About the set being specifically aimed at girls, that is something I don't particularly care much either, as I like the cute art too, but if the official company calls it that, what can I do? I don't actually know if they did that with this set, but I do remember they stating something along those lines when Shiny Collection was announced...

I know that, the "some people who call Charizard a fan boy thing" is a group I'm not part of.
About the set being specifically aimed at girls, that is something I don't particularly care much either, as I like the cute art too, but if the official company calls it that, what can I do? I don't actually know if they did that with this set, but I do remember they stating something along those lines when Shiny Collection was announced...

Nah, I get ya man don't worry.

They just simply called this set's theme "Pokemon that are so cute you could die". Not specifically aimed at girls, just insanely cute Pokemon~

I'm hoping the Charizard becomes the new Emboar. Fire is getting a lot better this year!

Awww.... Cute little birdie that sucks all the life force out of the planet!

Last edited:
> Yveltal not cute
My Contest Master Steelix would like to have a word with anyone that says he ain't cute. Is that clear?

Well, I guess everyone who complained that the last Radiant Collection was "too cute" have something to look forward to.

Hmm... ok? It does have that fluffy grey plumage around its neck, so...

It's funny because I spent all day thinking they could do a set opposite of this, full of dark, creepy and/or terrifying pokémon like Yveltal, Giratina, Darkrai, etc. Obviously, most of the artwork would be done by Tokiya and kawayoo...

If they want to have a kawaii Pokemon card, then they should have a Pidgey getting stuck somewhere adorable, like a cup too small for it or a shoe. If any other instructions are needed, please ask.

Back