PokeBeach's September 2018 PTCGO Tournament, Sponsored by TCGplayer.com!

Top 8

@Plaquesanta wins against @Audiofreak19 2-0

Some of the most ridiculous draws I've ever had in a match. Like that matchup is all but an autoloss for me. I'm sorry that you bricked :(

Good luck in the October tournament!

Whoah, I didn't notice that new rule! That's gonna be interesting.
If it goes poorly, we'll probably do away with it after a few months. But I've done some examination of the Buchholz calculations in Challonge and I have some problems with how they do things, so I want to decrease the importance it has on determining who makes cut.

Top8
@JumpluffTCG Wins 2-0 VS @Fou-Link
one word - autoloss :) :)
Well yeah, heavy matchup advantage for me. But you played extraordinarily well, identifying every point of weakness on my board state and coming very close to capitalizing on it as well. G2 at the end very easily could have gone either way. :p

If it goes poorly, we'll probably do away with it after a few months. But I've done some examination of the Buchholz calculations in Challonge and I have some problems with how they do things, so I want to decrease the importance it has on determining who makes cut.
Yeah about this. I definitely found it very strange that if one of your opponent drops, it counts towards your resistance as though they've won every single round after them dropping. The previous system ran as if it rewarded you for playing flaky, uncommitted opponents that do poorly at the beginning as opposed to facing tenacious and driven players. I very much like this change.

Well yeah, heavy matchup advantage for me. But you played extraordinarily well, identifying every point of weakness on my board state and coming very close to capitalizing on it as well. G2 at the end very easily could have gone either way. :p

Yeah about this. I definitely found it very strange that if one of your opponent drops, it counts towards your resistance as though they've won every single round after them dropping. The previous system ran as if it rewarded you for playing flaky, uncommitted opponents that do poorly at the beginning as opposed to facing tenacious and driven players. I very much like this change.

Ah, that does explain why it was remarkably easy to come back after an early loss

I agree. I was trying to work out how the buncholz worked (did a terrible job at it) for a while and the thing that kept messing me up was the fact that a dropped opponent was adding to your resistance, it was very weird as someone who may have had to play tougher oppoenents the whole way might miss out because someone else got the easier ones and left early on. I'm all good with the new 16 point guarantee playoff idea. :)

Top 4

@Kashvinder Mann won 2-1 against @Plaquesanta

Very close matches all 3 times despite the type advantage. I got really lucky with my last two top draws. Great opponent and very friendly to talk to, exactly why Pokemon TCG is fun to play. All the best for your October tourney my man! :)

Top 4

@JumpluffTCG wins 2-0 vs @theprp30

I feel bad considering you had such an interesting deck yet you bricked so horribly both games. I didn't get to see the fullest extent of your deck (or should I be glad I didn't?) Either way, best of luck in October and any other tournament in the future!

Final:

@JumpluffTCG won 2-0 against @Kashvinder Mann in the battle of the Zygardes

Congrats on the win my man! I wish I could have made it more of a fight but two bad hands in a row, just the way it goes sometimes I suppose. But hey I'm glad I got beat by another Zygarde deck. Thanks for all the fun chat and being a great opponent, made the match fun for me even though I was on the losing end. :)

Last edited:
OMG OMG OMG!

How did I not realize this was a battle of the Zygardes? How did we not record and stream this?!

I'm heading to bed and then out all day tomorrow to hit an out of state cup. But to head off thoughts on prize packs, you can do Forbidden Light, Celestial Storm, or TCGPlayer store credit. I'll send you details either tomorrow night or Monday morning.

Back