Event PokeBeach's August 2017 PTCGO Tournament, Sponsored by TCGPlayer.com!

• Are you a PokeBeach member? Yes
• What is your PTCGO screen name? Magic-Cman
• What time zone do you live in? EST
• Did you play in July's tournament? No
•If you did not play in July's tournament, do you promise to play in this one? Yes

No. Our tournaments follow official tournament legality dates. Cool if it gets added but you still cannot use it, sorry.

@PMJ why am I not included in the tournament? I'm on page 1 of the comments and there are players who signed up to play after me who are in for the tourney...

No. Our tournaments follow official tournament legality dates. Cool if it gets added but you still cannot use it, sorry.
I know we are allowed to play with SR Band, Rope, and Stretcher, are we allowed to replace the RAs in our deck with the SRs after the tourney begins?

@PMJ why am I not included in the tournament? I'm on page 1 of the comments and there are players who signed up to play after me who are in for the tourney...

You didn't post three times until the day signups went up. It's clear that you only did it because you were obligated to, and not because you were interested in contributing to our community. Gaming the system is not allowed, so your signup was not honored. You can sign up again next month.

I know we are allowed to play with SR Band, Rope, and Stretcher, are we allowed to replace the RAs in our deck with the SRs after the tourney begins?

Yes, this is allowed. Reprints are always legal immediately on release.

You didn't post three times until the day signups went up. It's clear that you only did it because you were obligated to, and not because you were interested in contributing to our community. Gaming the system is not allowed, so your signup was not honored. You can sign up again next month.

Yes, this is allowed. Reprints are always legal immediately on release.

It never says that that is not allowed, it was still the month of July. Also I'm frequently on Pokébeach for the news and the Cups, but honestly these forums are not my thing and require too much of the time I don't have. Sad to see you twisting the rules and therefor not letting someome participate, while everything was done as required.

Twist the rules? I wrote the damn rules:

Bans
: A player who is forcefully dropped from the tournament will be banned from competing in the next two tournaments (premium members excluded). Any banned player can have their ban cut in half by making 50 quality non-tournament posts on the forums during the first month of their ban. That averages to less than two posts per day — easily doable! We want to see you around the community, and PokeBeach has something for everyone, no matter what aspect of Pokemon you’re involved in. Getting involved is easier than you might think, so give it a try! Members who played in the previous month’s tournament but failed to make their promised three posts, or members who the TO reasonably believes is trying to cheat the system, will not have their signups honored (premium members excluded).

This means anyone who did what you did gets the axe. You aren't the first person to try this on me. Additionally:

Note that PokeBeach reserves the right to deny registration to any player at any time for any reason, and that PokeBeach reserves the right to drop a player from this tournament at any time and for any reason.

This means I don't have to let you play. If these forums aren't really your thing, maybe allowing you to play (for free) for a shot at real prizes isn't my thing. Try sounding a little less ungrateful next time. Suck it up, learn from this, and be more subtle next time you want to pretend you care about something other than being a freeloader.

Twist the rules? I wrote the damn rules:

Bans
: A player who is forcefully dropped from the tournament will be banned from competing in the next two tournaments (premium members excluded). Any banned player can have their ban cut in half by making 50 quality non-tournament posts on the forums during the first month of their ban. That averages to less than two posts per day — easily doable! We want to see you around the community, and PokeBeach has something for everyone, no matter what aspect of Pokemon you’re involved in. Getting involved is easier than you might think, so give it a try! Members who played in the previous month’s tournament but failed to make their promised three posts, or members who the TO reasonably believes is trying to cheat the system, will not have their signups honored (premium members excluded).

This means anyone who did what you did gets the axe. You aren't the first person to try this on me. Additionally:

Note that PokeBeach reserves the right to deny registration to any player at any time for any reason, and that PokeBeach reserves the right to drop a player from this tournament at any time and for any reason.

This means I don't have to let you play. If these forums aren't really your thing, maybe allowing you to play (for free) for a shot at real prizes isn't my thing. Try sounding a little less ungrateful next time. Suck it up, learn from this, and be more subtle next time you want to pretend you care about something other than being a freeloader.

Then maybe you should just consider telling me that that is the reason why you didn't let me in the Cup, instead of talking about the 3 posts I did make in the same month as the Cup. Only reason I joined was for my friends, unbelievable I even encouraged them to play if this is the system... Ban me for upcoming tournaments all you like, 'cause otherwise I'm only putting effort into the obligation of making posts and then getting denied for the tournaments anyways. Thanks a lot!

Then maybe you should just consider telling me that that is the reason why you didn't let me in the Cup, instead of talking about the 3 posts I did make in the same month as the Cup. Only reason I joined was for my friends, unbelievable I even encouraged them to play if this is the system... Ban me for upcoming tournaments all you like, 'cause otherwise I'm only putting effort into the obligation of making posts and then getting denied for the tournaments anyways. Thanks a lot!
Cant you just pay and support the site ;) ?

Dude the $14.95 a month is like paying for a league cup but playing for a chance at much better prizes. Been reading pokebeach for a couple months love there content and the perks of being a premium member. Please just chill!

Back