PokeBeach Podcast: Van Gogh Collaboration is Disaster for Pokemon Fans

WPM's frustration with the Pokemon Center website and not even wanting to bother ordering anything spoke to me. I gave up trying to order anything from that site when Shining Fates pre-orders were a total bust and even though I couldn't get a pre-order actually placed, my credit card got littered with charges (eventually removed from my account) and then the site just IP banned me. Can we get out of the late 90's already?

WPM's frustration with the Pokemon Center website and not even wanting to bother ordering anything spoke to me. I gave up trying to order anything from that site when Shining Fates pre-orders were a total bust and even though I couldn't get a pre-order actually placed, my credit card got littered with charges (eventually removed from my account) and then the site just IP banned me. Can we get out of the late 90's already?
Not only technical problems, but the people ordering aswell. I bet you that ~90% of these people are just in it for the money. I had way more fun collecting up to 2019 than 2019-present. Before it was like ''sweet! I new card with [insert favorite pokemon here] I want for my collection'' and most likely you would get that same card at a somewhat reasonable price. However, today its like ''sweet! I new card with [insert favorite pokemon here] I want for my collection. Oh, its a free promo that sells online for $500''. Literally just the money.

Take in to account that scalpers use programs that order for them from multiple accounts and any real collector ordering as themselves isn't going to have a shot. You ever wondered how items like this sell out so fast? Now you know. Scalpers use bots.
I cannot understand for the life of me why these websites don't use a captcha. Like yeah you can get around it by actually hiring people to do it but that means that it's a lot slower and not as much worth it.

Honestly they should just put these promos inside those special League packs or whatever that I can't get because I don't have a league in Mississippi

Not only technical problems, but the people ordering aswell. I bet you that ~90% of these people are just in it for the money. I had way more fun collecting up to 2019 than 2019-present. Before it was like ''sweet! I new card with [insert favorite pokemon here] I want for my collection'' and most likely you would get that same card at a somewhat reasonable price. However, today its like ''sweet! I new card with [insert favorite pokemon here] I want for my collection. Oh, its a free promo that sells online for $500''. Literally just the money.
I know several people who got into pokemon souly to resell stuff. One came to me and showed me a pick of 25 celebration charizard box's he bought from the local Walmart. I asked him what he was going to do with them and he showed me his ebay posting where he was selling them for nearly double the price, AND PEOPLE ACTUALLY BOUGHT THEM! I know selling and buy is just as much a part of the hobby but I can't stand that kind of behavior from others.

I find it quite sad and interesting the abusive relationship people continue to have with Pokemon. For starters, from Pokemon's perspective, selling out is amazing. They dont want left over product. From a business perspective, this is a huge success.

Second, people dont want to accept that the truth is that the Pokemon company does not care about you. The sad reality is that as much as you love Pokemon, they do not love you back. They just care about their bottom line. I constantly read these posts about people hating on scalpers and all this rage, but the reality is that the Pokemon corporation doesnt care about your feelings.
The one thing they care about is losing $$$ xD

I find it quite sad and interesting the abusive relationship people continue to have with Pokemon. For starters, from Pokemon's perspective, selling out is amazing. They dont want left over product. From a business perspective, this is a huge success.

Second, people dont want to accept that the truth is that the Pokemon company does not care about you. The sad reality is that as much as you love Pokemon, they do not love you back. They just care about their bottom line. I constantly read these posts about people hating on scalpers and all this rage, but the reality is that the Pokemon corporation doesnt care about your feelings.
the only reason scalpers can scalp is because people are stupid enough to buy it for horrendous prices - even if they have the money, it just fuels this whole disaster.

JFL Pokémon, JFL... And I was looking up metal concerts in Amsterdam too... Guess it's back to eBay to start smprattemaxxing again.

Back