XY Pokémon X / Y: Tips & Tricks!

RE: Pokemon X Y Easy Level Up to 100 Trick

How long would this take? I don't exactly want to leave my 3DS on for long periods when I'm not playing it.

No offense to anyone who does this, but where's the fun in it?

1 step = 1 exp

1. count out how many steps are on the path (in one lap)
2. time out how many laps you can do in one minute (just estimate if you don't hit close to a full circle)
3. this is your exp per minute rate
4. multiply that number by 60 to get approximate exp per hour
5. divide the amount of exp your poke needs to get to level 100 by your exp per hour rate to find out how many hours it will take

Of course we don't know that data for Kalos natives but you can do it with everyone else

You can still estimate Kalos natives by using the average of the lowest (600,000) and the highest (like 1.35m or something)

Obviously use the bike to speed up the time and don't forget to charge while doing it

Wailady said:
No offense to anyone who does this, but where's the fun in it?

None taken. I didn't use it for the main adventure because that would have made it too easy.
But for competitive team building in post game, I enjoy things like this since, its a massive time saver. I literally train hundreds of Pokemon in my various carts, so level grinding them in bulk gets really tedious and boring.
Its nice to have exposures like this one to cut down the work. Between breeding for lots of 31 IVs to a single Pokemon, with a good nature, and EV training it - So on top of all of that, to keep beating the elite 4 over and over to get them to level 100 too... It just gets too boring/repetitive and time consuming for my overachieving play style.

Remember that moves are overwritten automatically so be careful if you breed egg moves.

PMJ said:
Remember that moves are overwritten automatically so be careful if you breed egg moves.
Yeah, best bet is to level it to the point where it can't learn any more Moves, THEN DayCare level it. :p

If you do Super Training with a Fully EV Trained Pokemon, you gain access to a special Tier of Super Training, Level 4, that can give Evolution Stones as rewards [if you are successful enough.]

Also, Female Pokemon can pass on Egg Moves now. Allowing for heretofore impossible Egg Move combos to be possible!

^Actually, I just read today that the move relearner now also lets relearn egg moves the pokémon previously had...

Pangoro, confirmed amazing Sweeper to beat the game:
hEABD0E58

He doesn't even need a Setup Move, just spam that Punch! :p

hC8577903

You're welcome ~.^

I was soo overwhelmed with Lumiose, that I, contrary to how I normally play (I check every room, every trash can, of every building and path, before I leave a zone), went and left Lumiose immediately... It was too confusing/overwhelming, and I thought Castelia was bad... >_<

Sheriff_K said:
Pangoro, confirmed amazing Sweeper to beat the game:
hEABD0E58

He doesn't even need a Setup Move, just spam that Punch! :p

Oh yes. That's why I simply love Pangoro. <3 Also, it's a badass.

Unfortunately, my lil' Kingoro has Mold Breaker, so that's why I'd rather go with Karate Chop. It's a beast anyways though. Chops its way through any damn opponent. x3

THIS JUST IN,
Male Pokemon now have a small chance to pass down Hidden Abilities!!

Other stuff about Breeding that you may already know, but I'll post just in case:
- Pokemon are now in the same type of PokeBall as the mother was in. (ie. If mother was caught in a DiveBall, the baby will be in a DiveBall)
- Destiny Knot, when Held by a Parent Pokemon causes 5, random, IVs from both Parents to be passed onto the baby. (Before you'd have to use a Power Item to pass down 1 for sure, and you'd need to use multiple Dittos to pass down 2 31 Stats. Now you can just churn Eggs until you get the right combo of 31 IVs..)

Also, it appears that Berry Trees can cross-pollinate and cause "mutations" to occur, notably of which are the Stat-Reducing Berries. That's super cool :p

Sheriff_K said:
Male Pokemon now have a small chance to pass down Hidden Abilities!!

Oh. My. God. Frickin' awesome! Now I might be able to get me some nice SB Torchics. x3

Sheriff_K said:
- Pokemon are now in the same type of PokeBall as the mother was in. (ie. If mother was caught in a DiveBall, the baby will be in a DiveBall)

Oh hell yes. Thank you for giving me all this new information, Sheriff! :3

Sheriff_K said:
/catches female eevee in luxury ball

Yes. This is a good thing. I shall catch more female things that evolve via friendship and spam their offspring on the GTS or WT.
[i actually did find a wild female eevee and catch it in a luxury ball. All my mons were 50+ so i had to burn it and it almost died, darn thing gave me a heart attack]

I'm personally considering catching ALL of my Pokemon using Premier Balls, just so I can be hipster.. <_<
:p

Sheriff_K said:
I'm personally considering catching ALL of my Pokemon using Premier Balls, just so I can be hipster.. <_<
:p

I tried to catch a Zangoose with a Premier ball because the colors matched but noooo. Only had three, but it stayed in a timer ball. -__-

Meanwhile all the Inkays i got are in quick balls. Still hunting for Adamant, though i did find a Jolly. Too bad it's speed is too lame to be worth boosting...

If you are catching Mewtwo and not using a Master Ball to do so Mystic Fire works extremely well. It makes its special attacks do less and less damage which makes it easier to keep your team healthy.

Maybe it is just me, but I am having quite a time super training my skrelp, let alone any of the other poison types. I've noticed that the pokemon's type determines how it fires soccer balls in the minigames. Poison I've noticed shoots out many balls in a row, but they o not do much damage at all. has anyone come up with a good way to either use this or ev train skrelp aside from the old method?

Dracaufeu said:
Maybe it is just me, but I am having quite a time super training my skrelp, let alone any of the other poison types. I've noticed that the pokemon's type determines how it fires soccer balls in the minigames. Poison I've noticed shoots out many balls in a row, but they o not do much damage at all. has anyone come up with a good way to either use this or ev train skrelp aside from the old method?

Heh, had a rough time figuring out how to make this work when I was STing my shiny Ariados. It's actually a pretty good type of ball, but difficult to master.
Basically, since it rapid-fires, it's very easy to hit every white target before it disappears. If you keep doing this (without letting any disappear), a red target will will quickly show up that'll last for a little while and won't disappear when you hit it. That's the time to rapid-fire it into oblivion. Some charge-up shots at that point don't hurt either d:

How does one obtain the EV reducing berries? I need a defense-lowerer since my Blaziken has unwanted defense EVs which I would much rather be in something else.

Back