XY Pokémon X and Pokémon Y: Which Version Do You Plan To Get? Why?

RE: What version are you getting? Why?

I am getting Y, mainly 'cause Yveltal. And I like Spritzee better than Swirlix, and Skrelp is <3.

I'll get Y first because of Yveltal. I hate that name though, but I hate the name Xerneas too so I'm going by which legendary 'mon I like better.

I'm getting both X and Y because I always get both versions so I can trade to myself :) Also, this way, I don't have to worry about version exclusives. I get them all, regardless :p If I had to choose one, I'd probably choose Y because of Skrelp. But I like Xerneas more... Hm... Good thing I pre-ordered both :D

I'm going for X and I'll choose the female character.
I'm tempted to do a Nuzlocke Challenge (my first time) with the guy on Y, though.
I feel the need to dress them both up! =_=

I always choose the version based on the mascot. So, between X and Y, I'll definitely go with Y(veltal). I've always prefered the dark side of the force... Unless I buy both like I did with Black and White... and Black 2 and White 2... But I don't think I'll do that again...

I'm torn. I was almost positive it would be X because of Xerneas, but I also prefer Skrelp and Spritzee, so...dunno. I'll probably still get X, but as usual, it'll be a tough decision.

If I learned anything from Yoshi's Story, things made of cotton candy are absolutely worthless.
Swirlix is made of cotton candy.
I'm getting Y.

don()shinobi said:
If I learned anything from Yoshi's Story, things made of cotton candy are absolutely worthless.
Swirlix is made of cotton candy.
I'm getting Y.

Lol watch it be the best pokemanz ever :p

I am getting X because version exclusives, and my friend gets Y so I don't have to worry about not getting spritzee :D

I'm getting both as always. With Pokémon games, I can never decide between the two anyways.

I think X will be my main because I like Xerneas more than Yveltal; but I may try to alternate between the two games for once to see how that works.

X for Xerneas; I made that decision as soon as the legendaries were announced. Sad about the version exclusive, but I always seem to get burned by those anyway.

[split] Will X & Y be backwards compatible with B/W?

As always, I'm getting both games. This also allows me to trade Pokémon to myself and catch all version exclusive Pokémon too. Usually I will start a new game on one until I have all starters on one version. Then I breed them for the other game too, and finish it with all starters and every other Pokémon I can get! :D

I'm getting X. I guess I like Xerneas better, and well as the version exclusives. Also, the idea of having Xerneas being pure Fairy.....

At this point, I can't decide. Whenever I decide on which game I'm getting, I always take the legendaries out of question, and about half the exclusives that I don't want. Then I'm left with maybe 4 exclusives on each side, and decide which four I would rather have...

So, for now X, but with more Pokemon being revealed, it changes every time.

Im getting y, because yveltal is the distruction pokemon

I chose Y as soon as I saw Yveltal. It just stood out as looking freaking awesome. Luckily, my best friend wanted X, so we'll be able to trade for exclusives. Which we've been doing since HG/SS. I guess we just have a very different taste in legendary pokemon.

X because I fell in love with Xerneas and now that it has been confirmed as a pure fairy-type, I love it more! Though, I'm not crazy about the version exclusives.. I want Skrelp!! I'll just end up trading to get one I guess.

I'm getting X first because Xerneas. Just Xerneas. :D Getting both nonetheless.

As soon as they were announced I was leaning towards Pokemon X because I really like the look of Xerneas. Yveltal looks cool to but Xerneas is more my type of Pokemon. Recently when they announced the version exclusive Pokemon, (so far) I also preferred the Pokemon X exclusives. Either way I am going to get both games because I want to use 1 as my main game, (X) then the other for multiple play through s (Y) :D

Back