XY Pokémon X and Pokémon Y: Which Version Do You Plan To Get? Why?

RE: What version are you getting? Why?

My little brother and I are getting the different versions.
I'm choosing X because Xerneas is soooooo flawless. He's getting Y because Yveltal looks insanely cool.

I'm trying to know less about the game as possible because I want to take advantage of this worldwide release. I didn't start paying attention to the leaks until Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and even though Pokebeach has been so good to me, the games haven't been the same. lol I want to enjoy it by discovering things on my own again.

I just hope I get a majority of my favorite version exclusives on the game. :eek:

zappy80 said:
Definitely X because the xclusives are way better and the mascot legendary is more original. (See what i did there)

But.. There are already deer Pokemon.. Even a Legendary deer Pokemon... I don't see how Xerenas is more original.

I'm getting Y because Y is my favorite letter (not kidding) and Yveltal is literally like, my 8th favorite Pokemon easily <3

MasterGallade said:
I'm getting Y because Y is my favorite letter (not kidding) and Yveltal is literally like, my 8th favorite Pokemon easily <3

I love how you're so organized with your top Pokemon! :)

Yveltal had sealed the decision with me as well, before I decided heck, it's only $40 more for Pokemon X.

X all the way, finally a nice way to beat al those 4th/5th gen dragons...

PokeTravis said:
zappy80 said:
Definitely X because the xclusives are way better and the mascot legendary is more original. (See what i did there)

But.. There are already deer Pokemon.. Even a Legendary deer Pokemon... I don't see how Xerenas is more original.

There is deerling and sawsbuck, I don't count stantler it seems more like a moose. but what is the legendary deer Pokémon? The only thing that is deer like is Xerneas.

Ghost King said:
PokeTravis said:

There is deerling and sawsbuck, I don't count stantler it seems more like a moose. but what is the legendary deer Pokémon? The only thing that is deer like is Xerneas.

The only thing I could see them thinking of would be Virizion...

A deer Pokemon is more original than ANOTHER Flying/Bird/Dragon looking thing. Case closed. I haven't changed my mind, though. Still getting X.

datclauncher

I'm getting both games but I think Y will be my main game. I will definitely have to get my hands on Clauncher though. I love his design and I really hope he either has a good evolution or is a good staple for the story.

Ghost King said:
PokeTravis said:

The Muskdeer trio, Sawsbuck line and Stanler is a reindeer.
Rentier_fws_1.jpg

Moose_superior.jpg
Look at the horns and the nose.

I wish Spritzee was in X, because I prefer it over Swirlix, but otherwise I prefer the X exclusives (Mewtwo X over Mewtwo Y all day). Definitely getting X first...but I might just get Y later.

I'll be getting X like many others. It's surprising I expected the "popular" version to be Y but seems like X is actually the popular version this time. Mainly, I like the whole "Life" concept behind Xerneas but I do like both legendaries. Let's see what other version exclusives there are because that will play a part I am sure. FYI I will be trading as I definitely want a Skrelp and Spiritzee.

X, because most of my friends are getting Y, not to mention that I prefer life over death/ creation over destruction.

Ysmir said:
I'll be getting X like many others. It's surprising I expected the "popular" version to be Y but seems like X is actually the popular version this time. Mainly, I like the whole "Life" concept behind Xerneas but I do like both legendaries. Let's see what other version exclusives there are because that will play a part I am sure. FYI I will be trading as I definitely want a Skrelp and Spiritzee.

There may be an in-game trade, like Petilil for Cottonee.

RE: What Version are You Getting? Why?

I'm getting both. :3

Y is going to be my permanent version (it was going to be X because I like the letter x more than y, but I changed my mind) because it has the cooler legendary in my opinion. Plus it has Skrelp (based off one of my favorite water creatures) and Spiritzee (who might be pretty awesome). I'm getting X as well because having both versions of HGSS and BW made restarting games much easier. After a few playthroughs on X I'll nuzlocke it.

I am getting Y, since the first Pokemon game I bought on my own (Sapphire) I have always gotten the second of the two versions. Also, I find Yveltal much more appealing than Xerneas; I am looking for a little more destruction!

I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm going to get both, though Y will be my main one. I just think that Yveltal is just so awesome and evil looking! Not that Xerneas looks bad though, because that is one majestic Pokemon right there. You just cannot go wrong with either version because these are two of the best cover legends we have ever had!

Well, version exclusives have never played a part in choosing the version for me.
I mean, I always had someone getting the other version so we'd simply trade if we wanted any that weren't available.

Except for the mascot itself.

So I go for which "color" or "theme" I prefer, with the tough choice of which mascot I want to meet in the climax of the story, because I've always liked both mascots quite equally...and XY is no exception.

I've finally made up my mind, and I'm getting Y. Simply because I prefer "sky" over "forest" and the vertical axis over the horizontal.
Here is to hoping we'll see some neat location-differences relating to these themes!

There also seems to be a sub-theme of light/dark, but I'm way to neutral on that to make a choice lol.

But, oddly this makes it the 8th time I go for the "second" version o______O

I'm getting X. I like the exclusives better, the legendary in X I think it designed better, and much more appealing. In my opinion, I think Yveltal looks like the wedlock love child of Lugia and Groudon. Also, 'Y' sounds like 'why didn't i get the other version?'. This is all an opinion though. =p

Back