XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

shinysearcher said:
About Oorotto's pre-evolution... I think haven't seen a female Oorotto (please, can anyone confirm this?), so it may perhaps evolve into it or Pumpkaboo depending on the gender...

In regards of Bergmite, I think its name derives from iceberg, stalagmite, and some sort of bug (termite perhaps lol), so, I'll be really excited if this pokémon turns out to be an ice Volcarona (conscious of x4 rock and fire damage)

Female and male Orotto have been seen. And I do not think it would be a logical evolution - from a stump to a pumpkin-cat?

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

shinysearcher said:
About Oorotto's pre-evolution... I think haven't seen a female Oorotto (please, can anyone confirm this?), so it may perhaps evolve into it or Pumpkaboo depending on the gender...

In regards of Bergmite, I think its name derives from iceberg, stalagmite, and some sort of bug (termite perhaps lol), so, I'll be really excited if this pokémon turns out to be an ice Volcarona (conscious of x4 rock and fire damage)

Oorotto has been seen as a female.

I have a feeling that Oorotto's english name may be Phantree... just a guess lol

Razmos said:
I've found myself having to consider the make-up of my team more than in previous Pokemon games, partially because of the balance, and partially because there are a lot of curious new type combinations. Ground-ghost Pokemon? Ground-Fairy Pokemon? Sure! There are many weird combinations to choose from, now, and some Pokemon can not only change type, some of their moves even have double typing. Neat.
Link to review

Ground/Ghost and Ground/Fairy? Have we seen those yet?

NaturallyDark said:
shinysearcher said:

Female and male Orotto have been seen. And I do not think it would be a logical evolution - from a stump to a pumpkin-cat?
Cat? It's a stylized halloween bat!

Razmos said:
I've found myself having to consider the make-up of my team more than in previous Pokemon games, partially because of the balance, and partially because there are a lot of curious new type combinations. Ground-ghost Pokemon? Ground-Fairy Pokemon? Sure! There are many weird combinations to choose from, now, and some Pokemon can not only change type, some of their moves even have double typing. Neat.
Link to review

Yeeees! We have a ground pokemon at least! Ground/Fairy seems interesting :cool:

I'm kind of hoping the Ice guy is base off of a termite rather than a stalagmite. I'd love an Ice/Bug.

That adds two new Ground-types for this region. Sweet!

Not sure where to post this, but Azurill is confirmed as Normal/Fairy-type in IGN's review video:
http://i.imgur.com/KeyM43V.jpg

Where are the pictures of the ground/fairy or ground/ghost?

Apexys said:
where are the pictures of the ground/fairy or ground/ghost?
There are no pictures.. They were mentioned in a review.

At first, I was disappointed with the new Pokemon. However, the more that get revealed, the more of them I like! Carbink and the ice rock thing are cute, the bat thing is cute, and Sliggo is a boss. The key thing is really weird to me, but hey, I don't have to use it!

Here's hoping for another new feline (something sleeker than Pyroar) and a new canine. :)

Also, it looks like we have more than 70 new Pokemon! I figured as much, haha.

"Despite all the new stuff, being able to pick my clothes, haircut/hair color and eye color is by far my favorite feature." from the Kotaku review.

AW YEAH to eye color changin x3

I wonder if any of the reviews will be given Sugimori artworks to feature a new pokemon...

NintendoWorldReport is mentioning a "a low Pokémon count" with "less reliance on introducing new Pokémon." Sounds like a number closer to 70 may be true...definitely the least number ever introduced, at least. Max 90, probably.

Also worrying is that it sounds like the series took another step backward as far as story is concerned. Not a huge deal, since I don't play the games for the story (...I do it for new Pokémon...), but interesting nonetheless. I'm assuming the reports of a lack of post-game can be remedied by DLC? Hopefully?

LordTerminal said:
CMP said:
Awesome. Normal/Fairy --> Water/Fairy makes a lot more sense than Normal --> Water ever did.

Still doesn't make any sense to me. Why was Azurill made Normal in the first place if it was a pre-evolution to a Water type?

Didn't say it made perfect sense; just more sense than Normal --> Water. :p

It was an odd design choice by Gamefreak, but in-universe it can probably be explain as simply being too young to have developed water-based powers.

Carbink's type
1380901163398.jpg

So is that not the Ground/Fairy mentioned, or did the reviewer make a mistake? Hmmm....

Um, Carbink's type and the fact that it doesn't evole are kinda old news. ^_^'

There seems to be a lot if "cute" pokemon this gen

CMP said:
NintendoWorldReport is mentioning a "a low Pokémon count" with "less reliance on introducing new Pokémon." Sounds like a number closer to 70 may be true...definitely the least number ever introduced, at least. Max 90, probably.

Also worrying is that it sounds like the series took another step backward as far as story is concerned. Not a huge deal, since I don't play the games for the story (...I do it for new Pokémon...), but interesting nonetheless. I'm assuming the reports of a lack of post-game can be remedied by DLC? Hopefully?

LordTerminal said:
Still doesn't make any sense to me. Why was Azurill made Normal in the first place if it was a pre-evolution to a Water type?

Didn't say it made perfect sense; just more sense than Normal --> Water. :p

It was an odd design choice by Gamefreak, but in-universe it can probably be explain as simply being too young to have developed water-based powers.

Really? Well bye guys have fun till release. I'm gonna wait till the game goes down. Not paying 40 for a few new pokemon and some digimon.

CMP said:

Well shoot. At least the majority of the pokemon are actually well thought-out this time. But still, even 90 would be nice, and at this rate it seems likely.

Baktwerel said:
Um, Carbink's type and the fact that it doesn't evole are kinda old news. ^_^'
Sorry.I'm veeeeeery sloooooooow. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back