XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Akwila said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
Aggron's pure Steel.

It is not according to the corocoro reveal. Although it isn't super clear, I can tell that the first word is hagane (steel) and then the second is iwa (Rock). The second is very clear to read.

EDIT: After blowing up the image myself, Mega Kangaskhan looks to be Normal only.

Sorry for repost, the edit function isn't working...

Pokewizz1999 is correct. Mega Aggron is pure steel type. I was reading the bio on regular Aggron... OOPS!

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

TomoEGoto said:
Baktwerel said:
There's also shiny Vivillon, shiny Skiddo and shiny Espurr :3

Wait, if there's a shiny Vivillon, then it means it'll change the wings too, right?

Nope, only the body's color changes, it becomes white. On the other hand there are about 13 discovered Vivillon variants thus far.

Featherwick said:
Don't know if this was already posted, but SHINY GRENINJA!

http://instagram.com/p/fTJ4rXlN1s/#

Personally I love it, and I'd totally would soft reset until I got one if I wasn't so freaking impatient to start playing.

I find this a bit iffy only because wouldn't this person have showcased shiny Froakie and Frogadier too?

Baktwerel said:
Featherwick said:
Don't know if this was already posted, but SHINY GRENINJA!

http://instagram.com/p/fTJ4rXlN1s/#

Personally I love it, and I'd totally would soft reset until I got one if I wasn't so freaking impatient to start playing.

There's also shiny Vivillon, shiny Skiddo and shiny Espurr :3

Where? I'd like to see.

@jdivinity : they only posted shiny Froakie, no shiny Frogadier pic yet afaik.

@FloodBadge : Hold on, lemme find and rehost them

RE: Vivillon secret of the wings! Pics, ideas, and theories!

I plan on catching like 10 Scatterbug at the start of the game just to see if I can get different forms or not.
I heard that maybe the forms have something to do with countries? Seems logical (though that means I'll have 10 Vivillon all the same color sitting around...).

If it does have something to do with countries (or maybe the language you pick?), I wonder if you could trade for a Spewpa from (uh...) Japan and evolve it on your game in the US and still get the Japan form. Or if it has to be evolved on that game cartridge.

Has anyone found wild scyther yet? I'd really like to find out if it is an exclusive.

Ok here are the shinies (minus Greninja since it was posted already)

shinies_by_qvi-d6pysss.png

Baktwerel said:

Wow, those are some nice shinies.

I wonder if Froakie/Fennekin/Chespin show as shiny when you're choosing them or if you have to pick them to know..

Re: RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Oblivion_Wing said:
I think the exclusives are the stones themselves..
I caught a gible earlier on.

Also, one question. Any X owner that has caught or found a clauncher? I'm looking for Skrelp in my Y and i don't know where to look.

I haven't found Clauncher... Although to be honest I haven't been looking very hard - I usually do Pokemon hunting after completing the game!

You can find Clauncher on Route 16 apparently. Says 'Area Unknown' for Skrelp though...

TerminusTypeR said:
Baktwerel said:

I wonder if Froakie/Fennekin/Chespin show as shiny when you're choosing them or if you have to pick them to know..

Probably not. It's probably like in BW/2 where you choose it and see if you got it or not.
If it was, then I would try to hunt for a Froakie.

Otherwise, nada.

mastermagpie said:
Oblivion_Wing said:
I think the exclusives are the stones themselves..
I caught a gible earlier on.

Also, one question. Any X owner that has caught or found a clauncher? I'm looking for Skrelp in my Y and i don't know where to look.

I haven't found Clauncher... Although to be honest I haven't been looking very hard - I usually do Pokemon hunting after completing the game!

You can find Clauncher on Route 16 apparently. Says 'Area Unknown' for Skrelp though...
Have you tried the ocean parts of Kalos?
It is supposed to be a lobster, unless it's a freshwater lobster (do those exist in real life?)

TomoEGoto said:
Probably not. It's probably like in BW/2 where you choose it and see if you got it or not.

Otherwise, nada.

What about the Kanto starters though? We get to see them in battle first before we get to pick one.
I'm currently trying to soft reset for a shiny Charmander but thus far I have only seen a regular male. They are either gender locked or I saved at the wrong time (gender, shininess, stats and nature get generated right before a pokemon appears on the screen, right?)

Any information if you can find more than one mega stone of the same kind. Like two charizarnite x?

Baktwerel said:
TomoEGoto said:

Otherwise, nada.

What about the Kanto starters though? We get to see them in battle first before we get to pick one.
I'm currently trying to soft reset for a shiny Charmander but thus far I have only seen a regular male. They are either gender locked or I saved at the wrong time (gender, shininess, stats and nature get generated right before a pokemon appears on the screen, right?)

It's like the Day Care man. The value isn't generated until you pick up the egg. If the value decides the egg should be shiny, it will be. If it isn't, then it won't be.

The value won't set until you select a starter. That's what I believe, anyway.

I'd imagine they be the same as the Kalos starters.
Remember, male Charmanders are more common than females.
Are you getting the same nature? Stats? The sort?

I doubt they'll be locked considering.

Cochi said:
If i can't get a female charmander i'll die. I mean, i need one for breeding purposes.

Idk about female Charmanders but I've heard there are Dittos...later in the game :T

TomoEGoto said:
TerminusTypeR said:

Otherwise, nada.

mastermagpie said:

It is supposed to be a lobster, unless it's a freshwater lobster (do those exist in real life?)

It's actually a shrimp...

Baktwerel said:
Cochi said:
If i can't get a female charmander i'll die. I mean, i need one for breeding purposes.

Idk about female Charmanders but I've heard there are Dittos...later in the game :T

Well... You could always offer Pokemon for the same Pokemon and try to get a foreign one to help with the breeding. Sure Dittos may be end-game but it doesn't mean you can't get foreign Pokemon to breed with.

FloodBadge said:
TomoEGoto said:

Otherwise, nada.

It is? My bad. From the angles I've seen it in, it looked like a lobster (and hoped the shiny form would be red. Considering in the real world, blue lobsters are rare and the red are common)

Well, if it's a shrimp then it'd probably be in the coastal areas... wouldn't it?

I can't wait for the games to release. I love the Megas exclusive for X: Charizard, Mewtwo, Tyranitar.

FloodBadge said:
TomoEGoto said:

Otherwise, nada.

A mantis shrimp to be precise :D Some of the most amazing animals on earth ( whoever never heard of them just read this "comic" and be amazed : http://theoatmeal.com/comics/mantis_shrimp )

On the shiny Kanto hunt topic:

After over 40-50 battles, the gender was always male for all the starters (during the battle) but the nature and characteristic keeps changing.

Baktwerel said:
FloodBadge said:

A mantis shrimp to be precise :D Some of the most amazing animals on earth ( whoever never heard of them just read this "comic" and be amazed : http://theoatmeal.com/comics/mantis_shrimp )

On the shiny Kanto hunt topic:

After over 40-50 battles, the gender was always male for all the starters (during the battle) but the nature and characteristic keeps changing.

Huh... It can't be gender locked...can it?

All the Kanto starters have 12.5% of being female.
Well, unless they changed the ratios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back