XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Zapydos2 said:
Atadiusti said:
That could be the texture of the balloon/computer program that is Super-Training? I don't think those are "real" Mega Pokemon, just facsimiles

Speaking of facsimile....
Another thing that occurs to me, what happens when you switch a ditto in to battle a Mega (assume it doesn't die first turn or has Imposter), does it transform into the Mega, transform into the regular form, or fail to transform? Does it make a difference if you ssent out a Mega already (as in the ditto transformation counts as your Mega)?

But why would they go through the effort to make the model, put it in the game, and not use it?

Because of PokeStar Studios. Things aren't always as they seem...

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

grassdragon said:
Has Aegislash Shield Form been leaked yet? If so, can someone point me to a picture of it?
http://www.google.com/search?q=aegislash&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=m1xTUqzGOZKY0QWJw4HABg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=360&bih=567&dpr=3#biv=i%7C1%3Bd%7CS_4WRnTB-9TTrM%3A
I I believe that is what his shield stance is.

Keeper of Night said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
It's plausible since every Pseudo-legend is immune to at least one type and he's immune to Normal, Fighing, and Poison.

Aegislash (Shield Form)
-For Sword form, swap Attack with Defense, and Sp. Attack with Sp. Defense-
HP: 60
ATK: 55
DEF: 155
SpATK: 60
SpDEF: 145
Spe: 60
Total: 535

Aegislash is not a pseudo legendary.
(Credit to Astra for this information.)

Oh my God, talk about a mixed attacker's *removed*. A pity his speed is so bad.

In regard to all this Pseudo legendary talk, if it isn't Aegislash due to a low stat total, and it isn't Goodra because of no immunity, what if there isn't one at all. I mean, I think Goodra will wind up having something like 620 BST since it evolves so late. Has anyone figured out the BST of Goodra like they did for Aegislash?

*[mod]Drohn[/mod]: I removed a term from your post. Please remember that it's a PG-13 rated site!*

MagoTheSnowman said:
Do any of you guys know if there is a difficulty setting at the beginning of the game?
I mean, I have been playing this game for 13 years now, I could use some higher AI.

With red/green(or blue) it was suppose that the difficulty was set by the starter you choose charmander (hard) squirtle (medium) bulbasaur (easy)

The immunity thing is something that some fans decided was a rule, even though this is something that I never heard of until a few days ago.

I don't think it does have to have an immunity to be a pseudo-legend.

Zapydos2 said:
Mega Aggron!

http://i.imgur.com/jGHpqv9.jpg

I hope it keeps Rock Head so I can spam recoil-less Head Smashes... or if it doesn't, at least give it an awesome ability to compensate, like Tough Claws or Sheer Force. Aggron has always been one of my facorite Pokemon of all time, and I'm stoked he gets a Mega.

Oh, and about the pseudo thing - it's Goodra guys, not Aegislash. Not only does Doublade evolve by Dusk stone and not by level up, but Aegislash's BST has been calculated to be about 540 and not 600, (it appears to have base 60 in every stat except for defenses in shield stance, where it has base 150 each, and offenses in sword stance, where it also has base 150 each.)

Rune Yagami said:
Keeper of Night said:
Aegislash (Shield Form)

In regard to all this Pseudo legendary talk, if it isn't Aegislash due to a low stat total, and it isn't Goodra because of no immunity, what if there isn't one at all. I mean, I think Goodra will wind up having something like 620 BST since it evolves so late. Has anyone figured out the BST of Goodra like they did for Aegislash?

I'm sure the Speed can be worked with. After all, Aegislash's low Speed stat allows it to take a hit in Shield Form and then attack in Sword Form in the same turn. That could help its survivability.

I honestly don't know why people suddenly decided an immunity was a requirement for a Pseudo-legend. Then again, I didn't realize it was an actual term until Gen IV. But when I heard it, it was only defined by being a non-legendary with a Base Stat Total of 600 (or more specifically the final form in the evolutionary line does), which is the stat total for any Legendary, I think people will have to be reevaluating their definition again.

Diglett-Dig said:
The immunity thing is something that some fans decided was a rule, even though this is something that I never heard of until a few days ago.

I don't think it does have to have an immunity to be a pseudo-legend.

It is generally accepted, along with the fact that pseudos have 2 types. However, if Goodra has a BST of 600, then he will be considered a pseudo by all criteria that are common among all "definitions", but not necessarily all of the criteria for any given "definition". So it basically meets all the criteria accepted by everyone, but not some of the criteria that only a few people use.

"Pseudo-legendary Pokémon (Japanese: 擬似伝説 Pseudo-legendary) is a fan term commonly used to refer to any Pokémon that has a three-stage evolution line, 1,250,000 experience at level 100, and a base stat total of exactly 600. The term originates from the prefix pseudo-, which means "false". Pseudo-legendary Pokémon are often more powerful than other non-legendary Pokémon due to their high base stats.
Other variations of the definition also mention having two types or having at least one type immunity, or omit the need to have 1,250,000 experience at level 100."

I for one, will still hold on to the criteria of having an immunity and at least two types, but not all people will.

Rune Yagami said:
Keeper of Night said:
Aegislash (Shield Form)

Cough, Trick Room, cough.. :p

But I already have a Bug/Metal in my Trick Room team... Hmm..

As for Pseudo-Legends, I also agree that "Immunity" isn't a requirement. Just having high Stat totals, 3 stage evolution line, and being near the Legendaries.
Also, *removed* doesn't mention "Immunity" AT ALL on the Pseudo-Legendary page.. Not even a mention or trivia :p

*[mod]Drohn[/mod]: Keep in mind that mentioning competitor websites is against the rules!*

Do we know how the change in form works?

It would be cool if it starts as one, and switches to the other after it gets hit. Being slow, it would survive a hit with shield form, then switch to sword form for the attack.

Sheriff_K said:
Rune Yagami said:

As for Pseudo-Legends, I also agree that "Immunity" isn't a requirement. Just having high Stat totals, 3 stage evolution line, and being near the Legendaries.
Also, *removed* doesn't mention "Immunity" AT ALL on the Pseudo-Legendary page.. Not even a mention or trivia :p

See my above post, it does mention immunity and dual typing as being part of some definitions.

As for being near the Legendaries, Garchomp and Hydreigon say hi.

According to one leaker, Shield is the default form, it transforms to Sword form with attacking moves, and back again when it uses a specific move which he called "King's Shield." I don't think it's confirmed though.

Rune Yagami said:
Sheriff_K said:

See my above post, it does mention immunity and dual typing as being part of some definitions.

It mentions the Immunity and dual-typing as unofficial variations. Your link doesn't quite support you.

Have we found Gourgeist's second form?

Jay said:
Do we know how the change in form works?

It would be cool if it starts as one, and switches to the other after it gets hit. Being slow, it would survive a hit with shield form, then switch to sword form for the attack.

When using an attacking skill, sacred sword, it goes into sword mode. When using a defensive skill, king's shield, it goes back into shield mode. It starts in shield stance.
greninja'd

Atadiusti said:
According to one leaker, Shield is the default form, it transforms to Sword form with attacking moves, and back again when it uses a specific move which he called "King's Shield." I don't think it's confirmed though.

Rune Yagami said:

It mentions the Immunity and dual-typing as unofficial variations. Your link doesn't quite support you.

I wasn't saying that they were 100% requirements. Notice the bold above in the quote ("some" being the key word here). I was saying that I, personally, support those variations and won't consider anything a pseudo unless they meet the criteria. I was more putting the *removed* definition out there for people's convenience, and to show that the more strict criteria are, in fact, used by enough people to merit being mentioned on *removed*. And to show that there are some different variations for people who hadn't heard of it until gen 5, or something.

I could have sworn it didn't say that when I read it last... Did one of you ninja edit the Pseudo-Legends wiki?! o_0
Hydreigon is still "near" a Legendary, but Garchomp isn't. Garchomp is just hipster like that, along with his unidentifiable Shiny <_<

But in all honesty, the ONLY condition that really matters, is the Stat Total.

Sheriff_K said:
I could have sworn it didn't say that when I read it last... Did one of you ninja edit the Pseudo-Legends wiki?! o_0

Hydreigon is still "near" a Legendary, but Garchomp isn't. Garchomp is just hipster like that, along with his unidentifiable Shiny <_<

Hydreigon is by Volcarona, which isn't legendary because it can breed.

Edit: Oh I see what you mean, read it wrong at first.

Yeah, Hydriegon is fairly close to Cobalion, but not adjacent.

It's really bugging me that we haven't found the other form(s) of Gourgeist.

Ok, since we're talking about Base Stats anyway, I'm going to post the approximates of all Pokemon calculated thus far:

Chesnaught - 90/100/120/80/80/70

Delphox - 75-80/75-79/70-80/110-115/95-100/105-110

Greninja - 80/90/75/100/75/120

Diggersby - 75/60/70/45/70/90

Talonflame - 70/80/65-75/80/65-75/130

Vivillon - 80/50/50/100/50/100

Florges - 64-81/61-78/56-73/109-126/140-157/74-92

Pangoro - 110/130/80/80/80/70

Aegislash (Shield Stance) - 60/60/150/60/150/60
Aegislash (Blade Stance) - 60/150/60/150/60/60

Barbaracle - 70/110-120/110-120/50/100/80

Dragalge - 63-79/77-93/82-97/85-100/123-139/54-69

Clawitzer - 70/70/100/130/100/55

Heliolisk - 60/65/50/120/100/120

Tyrantrum - 95/125/120/80/60/75

Sylveon - 95/60/65/110/130/65

Hawlucha - 70/95/80/65/70/110

Carbink - 35-52/48-65/144-160/35-52/144-160/42-58

Goodra - 80-90/90-100/75-85/115-120/135-150/90

Klefki - 50/80/90/80/80/70

Trevenant - 90/120/70/70/80/50

Noivern - 90/60/80-90/90/80-90/130 (Any stat may be higher or lower.)

Yveltal - 125-130/135-140/90/130-140/90/95-105 (Any stat may be higher or lower.)

Zygarde - 96-112/90-105/121-137/81-97/87-102/95-110 (Any stat may be higher or lower.)

Mega Charizard X - 78/130/120/120-130?/85/100

Mega Blastoise - 79/103/120/135/115/78

Mega Aerodactyl - 80/120/80/75/80/150

Mega Mewtwo Y - 106/150/70/194/120/140 (This is 100% confirmed)

Mega Abomasnow - 90/135/95/150/95/30

I'm still waiting on stats and movepool info on Slurpuff and Gourgeist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back