XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors & Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread already!

wako_88 said:
Rusty Sticks said:
Regarding Aerodactyl...

1380766790844.jpg

Does anyone has a clue on how you get the "mega stones"?

Some (Like Blazekin's) are supposed to be events, but outside of Torchic distribution there's nothing that confirms this, just rumor.

Most, however, are confirmed by Nintendo to be found in normal gameplay in the over world, I'm guessing just like any other item (Like the Aryodactyle stone).

RE: Rumors & Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread already!

Dragon Pokémon said:
wako_88 said:
Does anyone has a clue on how you get the "mega stones"?

Some (Like Blazekin's) are supposed to be events, but outside of Torchic distribution there's nothing that confirms this, just rumor.

Most, however, are confirmed by Nintendo to be found in normal gameplay in the over world, I'm guessing just like any other item (Like the Aryodactyle stone).

I'd think the exception to this would be the Kanto starters, which you're bound to receive one from a professor or someone of the like.

Not to mention you could get one traded in-game (EX someone wants a Pancham and they'll trade you a Riolu holding a Lucarionite).

RE: Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

Lovey said:
I don't know if this has been discussed here or if this topic even goes here, but with the official release of Mega Evolution X Charizard, do you think they'll do one for Venusaur and Blastoise? Because they can't just have something special for one, but not the others.
Then again, they're handing out torchics but not Totodiles or Treekos (I think they are in that gen?). GF could potentially do that.

And also on this note, do you think that the new starters will get Mega Evolutions, too? Because this is a new add-on in the game, and usually the new pokemon compliment the new technology well.

You're thinking of Mudkip, not Totodile :)

And I'll be displeased if Venusaur and Blastoise are treated unfairly, but I won't even be able to keep it up because of how excited the Mega Charizard X makes me.

nightkeeper said:
Dragon Pokémon said:

I'd think the exception to this would be the Kanto starters, which you're bound to receive one from a professor or someone of the like.

Not to mention you could get one traded in-game (EX someone wants a Pancham and they'll trade you a Riolu holding a Lucarionite).

Is this lucarionite thing confirm?

I also saw some of the kanto starters from the leakers holding no item :S hope i'm wrong tho

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Just had this thought...I still really doubt that there are only 70 new Pokémon (because at the rate leaks are happening, there'd only be about 15 to go)...

But if, by chance, the "reviewer" who leaked that there were ~70 Pokémon (Xerneas 'dex number ~714 or 715) was actually legit...could it be possible the digital download key that reviewers received was for a slightly modified version of the game (sans some Pokémon)? Nintendo and Game Freak seem to be taking everything much more seriously after the fiasco last gen, so it wouldn't surprise me. Plus, with the NDA (specifically mentioning leaking NOTHING about starters until release), they seemed to be very concerned about possible leaks, almost as if they were expecting it.

That's assuming he/she hasn't already been debunked, of course (but I don't think so, not yet at least)...

wako_88 said:
nightkeeper said:

I also saw some of the kanto starters from the leakers holding no item :S hope i'm wrong tho

You might not necessarily get the mega stone at the same time as the Kanto starter. In fact, it would make more sense for you to get it from Sycamore much later, once he has done more research.

Rune Yagami said:
One thing that is missing is the Geodude-esque line we've seen regurgitated so many times.

Edit: Unless Carbink fills this slot....

By so many times do you mean... once?

I wish they regurgitated it more, then maybe I wouldn't have had to run through caves full of Geodudes from Gens 1 through 4!

garbodorable said:
Rune Yagami said:
One thing that is missing is the Geodude-esque line we've seen regurgitated so many times.

Edit: Unless Carbink fills this slot....

By so many times do you mean... once?

I wish they regurgitated it more, then maybe I wouldn't have had to run through caves full of Geodudes from Gens 1 through 4!

I mean a rock type with three stages that is always found early in a cave, good attack and defense, but horrible special stats. Geodude and boldore obviously...but Aron too.

What I really meant was that if they don't make a new geodude, I expect to find some Geodudes in the regional dex.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

1380770574001.jpg
Looks like it's real :]

^^^ Bobo, spoiler tags bro.

wako_88 said:
nightkeeper said:

The Lucarionite thing was from a leaker who I think ended up being a fraud, I was just giving an example of how it might be obtained.

It looks like two Angry bird heards... otherwise, cool.

Binacle reminds me of the worm in the asteroid in The Empire Strikes Back.

CMP said:
Just had this thought...I still really doubt that there are only 70 new Pokémon (because at the rate leaks are happening, there'd only be about 15 to go)...

But if, by chance, the "reviewer" who leaked that there were ~70 Pokémon (Xerneas 'dex number ~714 or 715) was actually legit...could it be possible the digital download key that reviewers received was for a slightly modified version of the game (sans some Pokémon)? Nintendo and Game Freak seem to be taking everything much more seriously after the fiasco last gen, so it wouldn't surprise me. Plus, with the NDA (specifically mentioning leaking NOTHING about starters until release), they seemed to be very concerned about possible leaks, almost as if they were expecting it.

That's assuming he/she hasn't already been debunked, of course (but I don't think so, not yet at least)...
I've been wondering about this myself. I mean, MOST of the Pokemon we've had revealed to use so far have been in the Central Kalos Dex and there's quite a freaking lot of them. Seems weird that they'd use up so many of their new Pokemon right in the middle and leave only a small number of fringe stuff. Especially since as far as I can tell, we're up to around Gym 4 depending on how hard people were power leveling to reach the final starter evos.

Leaferian said:
CMP said:

I've been wondering about this myself. I mean, MOST of the Pokemon we've had revealed to use so far have been in the Central Kalos Dex and there's quite a freaking lot of them. Seems weird that they'd use up so many of their new Pokemon right in the middle and leave only a small number of fringe stuff. Especially since as far as I can tell, we're up to around Gym 4 depending on how hard people were power leveling to reach the final starter evos.

Based on your analysis, I can only guess that there will be more level differences between gyms, possibly meaning more story between the gym battles. This would be rather interesting, especially if this led to the Elite 4 being in the 80's. Also, I've recently began to assume that Lumiose, the supposed home of Clemont's electric-type gym, is the new Hearthome City. Accessible early, but you cannot battle the gym until later. This would explain how people are in the 20's by the city, and the 4th gym resides there. Unless there's 3 gyms that are magically all in the teens.

FloodBadge said:
Leaferian said:

Based on your analysis, I can only guess that there will be more level differences between gyms, possibly meaning more story between the gym battles. This would be rather interesting, especially if this led to the Elite 4 being in the 80's. Also, I've recently began to assume that Lumiose, the supposed home of Clemont's electric-type gym, is the new Hearthome City. Accessible early, but you cannot battle the gym until later. This would explain how people are in the 20's by the city, and the 4th gym resides there. Unless there's 3 gyms that are magically all in the teens.

Yeah, it is such a central location, I hope this happens. They really dropped the ball with Castelia City. That place had so much potential.

About the leaker that said that there are only 70 new pokemon, how come? i mean he completed the pokedex before the game was early released?

FloodBadge said:
Well, so far I believe the only confirmed beaten gyms are the first two which are Bug and Rock respectively. To have Pokemon that are Level 30-37, I would assume you would need to be somewhere around the 4th Gym. Then again, as I mentioned people could easily have spent most of their time power-leveling in order to find out what the starters evolved into. What we could really use from the current leakers is current Dex numbers for all three regions, and confirm the number of Gen VI Pokemon found up to whatever they are at. This, of course, would involve them telling us which badge they were on.

Also, since it was probably missed as an edit at the bottom of the previous page: I checked for sure, and so far there are 52 new Pokemon not counting Mega Formes, which leaves only 18 new Pokemon for that one leaker to be correct. I didn't factor in stuff we THINK will evolve, like Carbink or the supposed three-headed evolution of Binacle.

Bobo Taky said:
1380770574001.jpg
Look like it real :]

As ugly as he is, I kind of love this guy.

Seeing as the pokedex is divided, I'm thinking that there has to be quite a bit more than just 70 new pokemon. The central region alone seems to be packed with new types, leading me to assume that once the waters and caves are explored more thoroughly, new one's will start popping up. We haven't seen any fish as far as I know. Each generation seems to introduce quite a few fish, so I'd be surprised if Gen VI were to be the exception.

wako_88 said:
About the leaker that said that there are only 70 new pokemon, how come? i mean he completed the pokedex before the game was early released?

He said Xerneas was around 714-715 in the National Dex, and since mascot legendaries tend to be toward the end...he figured there would only be a handful after that.

I wouldn't too disappointed with only 70 new Pokemon, but I think it's pretty clear there's more now. As others have said, 53 have been discovered now and that number would be near or at 60 when your include the legendary Pokemon (there's at least 5, probably one or two more, not counting Xerneas and Yveltal).

So I find it hard to believe there are only 10 or so normal Pokemon left to be discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back