Pokemon Pokémon That Look Better Than Their Evolved Forms

gentlefeather

Thanks for contributing
Which pokemon do you think look better than their evolved forms?

Posting here means you are not listing Pokemon names, and that you are backing up your answers with logical reasoning, or elaborating on your choices. Please be sure to exercise as much intelligence as possible to avoid spamming.

THIS is just one example of a quality post for this thread.

THIS is an example of what not to do.

Thanks! :) ~ES

RE: Pokemon that look better than thier evolved forms

I was always reluctant from evolving Buizel in Floatzel. Buizel has a better design in my opinion. Also I like Wartortle better than Blastoise, because of its tail and overall design (but Blastoise still looks cool).

I have always liked Surskit's design more than Masquerain. Also, I think Magmar looks more appealing than Magmortar. I like Magmortar's cannon arm things, but I hate his round, egg-shaped body. Hmm, and Dragonair is better than Dragonite, too. I like Dragonair's serpentine qualities, I wish they had stuck with them for a final evolution, and then made Dragonite off of a completely different line.

And I agree about Chimchar over Monferno. I hate Monferno's big, blue unibrow.

(Its actually very amazing and I love that gamefreak bothers making all stages unique and interesting! instead of just making crappier forms that need evolving)

stylish sneaky bird into a more plain and "beat-up" bird
spearow.png

Snubbul looks like it has potential to evolve into something much more interesting. Its like it went from curious to something more generic.
209.png
[animate]granbull[/animate]

I always liked Typhlosion, but found Quilava to be the most interesting design of the line.
[animate]quilava[/animate][animate]typhlosion[/animate]

Just when it starts getting exotic, it turns into that huge fat thing D:
2.png
[animate]venusaur[/animate]

Hoppip is such a lovely design ^ - ^
187.png
188.png

omg Wynaut!
[animate]wynaut[/animate][animate]wobbuffet[/animate]

I prefer Cacnea over Cacturne, Wingull over Pelipper, Seadra over Kingdra, mostly beacuse of their designs.
I love that chubby and smiley Cacnea with that yellow "crown" on top of it's head and seeing it evolve into a scarecrow (even I think it's scary and after reading it's Pkdex entry even more O.O) that gets more weakness'...B button! (how I liked to see James' Cacnea in the anime).
Wingull has a simple and neat design and Pelliper too but I'll go with the first. Pelliper reminds me of Slowpoke and Bibarel...they just won't do a thing if they get hit, always staring with those empty eyes.
Seadra looks so badass in it's artworks and with the Poison Pin ability you just don't wanna mess with it but Kingdra looks kind of lazy and bored...oh, let me just create a whirpool to stir things up...
Oh, and Mareep over both Flaaffy and Ampharos. I was really dissapointed to see that cute yellow lamb evolving into...I don't know, Flaaffy is just to pink and stripped to think that it's only cute -_-. And Ampharos, what the hell? It seems like a girafe with egiptian-like ornamental horns and necklace and a new jewel on its forehead. WTF!?

Drohn said:
I was always reluctant from evolving Buizel in Floatzel. Buizel has a better design in my opinion. Also I like Wartortle better than Blastoise (but Blastoise still looks cool).

Buizel is cool but Floatzel is like seeing some cocky senior lady with too much makeup bragging about her furs (and those fins look like purses). The only thing missing is a cigarrete.

eef said:
Which pokemon do you think look better than their evolved forms?

Personally, Axew>Fraxure, Pansage>Simisage and Chimchar>Monferno for me.

In general, the first elemental monkeys are better than their evolutions, but I think Simisage it's not the worst, Simisear is. Its artwork looked like the guy was waving its hands because it had just painted its nails and that belly... did it just eat a whole big egg that got stuck in its stomach!?

I've always preferred Bayleef over Meganium, Grovyle over Sceptile, and Servine over Serperior.
(I like Serperior, but I've always liked Servine a lot more)
Bayleef I dunno really, I just prefer her design. Grovyle looks badass and all (plus PMD2 Grovyle is aces), and Servine is the same as Bayleef.
middle stage grass starters ftw
(except Grotle, he is a disgrace to the whole line)

also, Dewott is better than that sea lion thing disgrace known as Samurott

I also like Charmeleon a lot more than Charizard. (probably because Dark Charmeleon in the TCG) It looks more ferocious, with the sharp claws and the darker red coloring, and then it turns into a stereotypical dragon.

SNEASEL

Tepig, Dewott, Ducklett, Vanillite, Empoleon>Piplup>Prinplup ... there are pretty many.

[private]This stays approved- see OP ~ES[/private]

Eevee is cooler than Jolteon and some others. :3

Also, Pikachu is a little cooler than Raichu. Raichu's fine too, though.

Pineapple X said:
Eevee is cooler than Jolteon and some others. :3

Also, Pikachu is a little cooler than Raichu. Raichu's fine too, though.

I think Jolteon looks cool in anime but his sprites always made him look weird. Especially the back sprites.

Lotad > Lombre
Lotad is cute derpy, lombre is stupid derpy

Togetic > Togekiss
Togekiss just looks like a triangle with a face

I like
502.gif
over
503.gif
for sure

Ohman177 said:
strakken said:
Lotad > Lombre
Lotad is cute derpy, lombre is stupid derpy

O lord yes. Why is lombre even a thing???

for some reason I actually like Lombre o_O

Well, I happen to think Lickilicky looks better (funnier) than Lickitung...

Not sure if this is completely related but...

I like Electivire and Elekid, but it's like Game Freak lost the notion of what Electabuzz is. It is an Electric Cat. I don't see any plugs in it, nor I see anything barely feline on it's evo and preevo. Same with Magmortar. "Let's make an evolution for Magmar. How about an awesome flaming duck of doom?" "Nah, let's go with Fire Man." So underwhelming. In the Elekid -> Electabuzz -> Electivire case, I'd be satisfied enough if they made the Baby and the Stage 1 a separate line. This kind of stuff is the reason I fear evos for cool mons like Farfetch'd and Dunsparce ;[

Scyther and Scizor are my favorite Pokémon of all time, but I think I like Scyther more. Same for Sneasel > Weavile.

Dewott, why did you have to become a doggy thing? You're supposed to be the chosen one, the Fire/Fighting Samurai. I had to pick Snivy all times I played 5th gen...

I think the base/stage 1 Pokémon that I like more than their stage 1/2 forms most are the ones that change drastically. Best examples: Dratini/Dragonair are better than Dragonite, and Bayleef is better than Meganium. Not to say that I dislike either Dragonite or Meganium (I like both a lot), but their earlier forms are even cooler and the latter forms just feel like fitting.

Another one that I like the basic forum best (even though the later forms do at least kind of look alike) is Bellsprout. Bellsprout is so happy and cute... but then it grows huge, loses its body, and becomes a giant, man-eating sack. No thank you.

Voltorb is better than Electrode. More realistic.

Scuba Steve said:
Voltorb is better than Electrode. More realistic.

"Realistic"
Uh-huhhh...

While I don't dislike any of the evolved forms of these, I do think they look quite a bit better:
- Rattata (I love Raticate, but Rattata's purple fur and curly tail and wittle white feets and whiskers and aaaa god it's too cute)
- Clefairy (Clefairy's cute, and then Clefable's a little unsettling. I think its face is a little too small.)
- Zubat (The lack of eyes and feet and the larger ears for some reason make Zubat far superior to its evolved forms in my eyes)
- Abra (Abra's family is one of the best-designed out of Generation 1 imo, but Abra itself is the best, because it's the most... I dunno. Compact? Consistent? Something.)
- Rhydon (Rhyperior is... ehhhh)
- Seadra (I prefer its spiky fins and mean looks to Kindgra's more graceful and less detailed appearance.)
- Murkrow (Honchkrow's really cool, but I just love Murkrow's scraggly look too much.)
- Lombre (Am I the only one that likes Lombre? It's a lot less creepy than Ludicolo...)
- Duskull (A floating grim reaper skull-faced ghost is too perfect. Its evolutions aren't even in the same league of coolness.)
- Scatterbug (Drab color scheme and cute little bucktooth? Wow, yes. Excellent. Shame it loses both upon evolving.)

Absolutely prefer Lickitung over Lickilicky. While Lickitung is certainly no beanpole, it at least has a shape other than "circle on top of huge circle." Usually, I can at least find some redeeming quality in most Pokémon...but there are truly no aspects to Lickilicky's design that appeal to me at all.

I definitely agree on Lickytung>Lickilicky. I don't like the design of the evolved form at all. Lickitung looked alright! How do you feel about Magnemite/Magneton > Magnezone? I think Magnezone looks a bit strange. I was content with Magnemite and Magneton.

Drohn said:
How do you feel about Magnemite/Magneton > Magnezone? I think Magnezone looks a bit strange. I was content with Magnemite and Magneton.

Magnezone is miles better than Magneton and about as cool as Magnemite.
I think out of all of the ways to make a UFO Pokemon, they picked a good one. Certainly better than just adding more Magnemites. :B

Back