XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Questions and Answers

FloodBadge said:
Does the Masuda Method still work, as I've been breeding a German and a Japanese Furfrou all yesterday, got 12 eggs and none shiny. Then I used my furfruou and a different japanese furfrou and 19 eggs later, no shiny. I was thinking about soft resetting whenever it's about to hatch, but each egg apparently has everything already set, which i never knew. (New to the breeding thing, as I've never bothered using it in any previous games)

Masuda Method still works. Your problem is you're too impatient. 12-19 eggs is nothing. Chances of a shiny go down to about 1/1366.

FloodBadge said:
Does the Masuda Method still work, as I've been breeding a German and a Japanese Furfrou all yesterday, got 12 eggs and none shiny. Then I used my furfruou and a different japanese furfrou and 19 eggs later, no shiny. I was thinking about soft resetting whenever it's about to hatch, but each egg apparently has everything already set, which i never knew. (New to the breeding thing, as I've never bothered using it in any previous games)
I'm not sure if the Masuda Method does still work (although I have to assume it probably does, but I have no confirmation), but even if it does, the rate is reduced by quite a lot, but not enough that you should seeing shines that often.

In gen 5 it was a 1/1365 chance, which is much better than normal, but you still need to be kinda lucky to get a shiny in so few eggs. I don't bred a lot for shinies, but I'm pretty sure it does take more eggs even with the Masuda method.

EDIT

nightkeeper said:
Trainerhan1 said:
In Coumarine City in the boat yard there is a fisherman that will give you the good rod.

EDIT: @ wolf, you can play all DS games on the 3/2DS.

^ Thanks!

And for my final question regarding rods: Super Rod anyone?

Did see an answer for this. There is a fishing shack right outside Lumiose City on Route 16. The first guy in there gives the Super Rod.

Poison Master said:
Has anyone found the Flamethrower TM?

There's a witch-lady in the Anistar City Pokemon Center. Talk to her everyday and she'll give it to you at some point (she gives other TMs too).

RE: What is the Strange Souvenir for?

I'm guessing it's an item that might trigger some kind of in-game event or be a catalyst for evolution.

i believe it will be, like spammy says, a catalyst, but not just for an event perhaps an extra story in a new region because the hiker who you receive it from exclaims its not from this region or any previous region and in that matter i believe it confirms a generation 7!

Imagine if it did absolutely nothing? That would actually be a surprising twist. Maybe? However, it likely does have some sort of purpose. Is it just me, or is only 3 total new legendaries (2 recycled) far too few?

If the Masuda method dies, in fact, still work, tell me if this is a decent plan:
Breed my Furfrou and Greninja with the Japanese Furfrou and Slowpoke (turns out Greninja is compatible with Slowpoke!), but save the game before recieving the egg. Have the party full of 5 Slugma.
Or does the amount of pokemon with Magma Armor/Flame Body not increase the speed of hatching as long as you have at least 1?

Kaiser Dynamo said:
Imagine if it did absolutely nothing? That would actually be a surprising twist. Maybe? However, it likely does have some sort of purpose. Is it just me, or is only 3 total new legendaries (2 recycled) far too few?
We have too many legendaries. There comes a point where there are so many that they aren't exactly 'legendary' anymore.

On-topic, I personally think it's just an item. You get it by doing an endeavor that NOBODY would ever think of doing (talking to an NPC that doesn't do anything more than once? WHAT?), and when you do get it, it has no clear use. It's just there to say "Hey, we're Game Freak. Yeah, we're clearly hinting at another generation...pfft, like that wasn't going to happen anyway! We're just confirming it for you 3-4 years before we officially confirm it! Enjoy your rushed generation!"

FloodBadge said:
Or does the amount of pokemon with Magma Armor/Flame Body not increase the speed of hatching as long as you have at least 1?

It does not stack.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Where can I find Ghastly or Haunter?

Ghastly is not available in-game without breeding, but Haunter is available in Route 14/19, Frost Cavern, and Victory Road.

Where do I find the super rod and the good rod in the game? I found old rod, but I can't find the others.

Nintenderek said:
Where do I find the super rod and the good rod in the game? I found old rod, but I can't find the others.

In Coumarine City you'll find a fisherman near all the boats. Talk to him and he'll give you the good rod. For the super rod, you need Strength. On Route 16, take the path down the stairs (you'll see Mysterious Sisters at the bottom) and move the rock. You'll come across a shack with many fishermen behind it, fishing. Inside the shack are two fishermen. The guy closest to the door gives you the super rod.

Rusty Sticks said:
FloodBadge said:

It does not stack.

Thanks. By the way, Where do I get Machoke?

By the way, what can breed with Quilladin?
By the way again for a third time, someone asked me about a rumor about you being able to buy something that increases shiny rate?

Does anyone know what character styles I need to battle the boss in the Lost Hotel and some of the places in Lumoisa City? Probably spelled the City wrong but it is the City where you fight the 5th gym leader. Also how do I disable the notices about the functions on the menu like the ones about the GTS Wonder Trade O-Powers etc? Also where do I find the stone to Mega evolve my Raichu? Thanks XD.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back