Pokémon Acanthite TCG Series

Has been a long time since I updated this thread; my apologies, I've had downtime because of schoolwork. Never fear though!

53bouldoncopy.png
ac017mewtwocopy.png

Bouldon's artwork is by Nintendo Jr., whilst Mewtwo's is by Xous. Hope you guys like these :D

Here's Magnemite and Jabadon!

40magnemitecopy.png
52jabadonkoppie.png

Hope you like :D Magnemite's art is by Riceeman of the Acanthite forums, and Jabadon's official art here is by Nintendo Jr..

Hey guys!

I know this is slightly off-topic but since this is the only place I can think of that's frequented by Acanthite members:

Some of you may have noticed the Acanthite site/forum is down and I have no idea why this is the case. Afti and Fangking are currently trying to solve the problem! In the meantime Afti's set up a temp forum.

Also, here's some art made by yours truly for a Porygon card we put out a while ago but never posted here.

20a8oeu.jpg

Whilst we're at it, we might as well post the cards! :D

ac018porygon.png
ac019.png

As mentioned ^, Kam drew the Porygon, with Latios101 having drawn Porygon2. Hope you guys like these! :D

The spoilers were from a contest on the Acanthite forums, with Porygon's spoiler being the work of Hunch, and Porygon2's spoiler being done by Verdantshade :D

Conversion needs a serious wording change, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. See, you can't just blindly draw until you reveal a Pokemon, because that opens up the possibility of cheating (not revealing when you get a type you don't want).

PMJ said:
Conversion needs a serious wording change, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. See, you can't just blindly draw until you reveal a Pokemon, because that opens up the possibility of cheating (not revealing when you get a type you don't want).

You could reveal all the cards you draw to your opponent.

Well, yes... but I'm not sure how to word it correctly. Something like "Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal a Pokemon. Porygon2's type is now the same type as that Pokemon. Put all the revealed cards into your hand."

Flame Claw said:
*insert Jabadon fake here*
Uh...is this a typo or what? Having a Poké-Power dealing 50 damage to each of their Pokémon seems a bit...extreme.

Nope, that's the intended effect. It's conditional, based on both Jabadon having a condition, it being attacked and a coin flip. Seems okay to me :D

re: Porygon2, I wasn't too sure about this, so I just took the effect Verdantshade gave me and improvised with wording. I can see where you're coming from. Thanks for the feedback!

Two Acanthite 'mon, eh?

ac021cutlishcopy.png
ac022swashbladecopy.png

With thanks to Riceeman for Cutlish's art, Nintendo Jr. for Swashblade's and Afti for both of the spoilers.

These guys are Water/Ghost type Pirate Pokémon :D

I really like the swordfish idea. It's a bit surprising there isn't such a creature in the official dex. Anyhow, nice looking cards.

Water/Dark? Cutlish's blank seems to be darker than Swashblade's.

They're both Water/Ghost, I just put more Ghost texture into Cutlish, and more Water into Swashblade's :D

Also, who likes dragons?

ac024latiascopy.png

This fantastic artwork is by Xous!

That's really nice looking--the whole card seems suffused with a warm glow. It's a very pleasing look.

Mechanics wise, do you need tech against BATTLE pokemon? I thought the idea was that they were nurfed in one department to make up for excellence in another?

Also, I'm curious, are there any special rules that go along with BATTLE pokemon? (I looked earlier in the thread and didn't see anything that said.)

Thanks! :)

There aren't any particular mechanics other than what you mentioned about them having one extreme stat in spite of other mediocre stats. In theory we don't -need- any anti-BATTLE attacks, I just thought it'd be a good idea to have a particular card which could benefit against a certain kind of deck :D

Anyways, here's a promo card from a while back I don't believe I posted here (but may be wrong)

004.png

The art's the work of Xous, and the spoiler was by Afti :)

The HP is too low. Regardless of whether you want to spam Super Luck all day or actually attack, Togekiss will probably die too quickly.

Neat look though

...I can't quite tell what the background is supposed to be...it just looks like a mesh of colors put together that were slapped with a holo treatment in a couple minutes. Do you have a nonholo version?

Back