96 ---
97 ---
98 ---
99 ---
[BT]
100 ---
101 ---
102 ---

The Acanthite TCG project may well be one of the most exciting projects within the Pokémon fandom. Some of you may remember that a long, long time ago Fangking Omega and Cascade Gonpory were aiming to produce what at the time appeared to be the biggest thing in faking history - EX: Acanthite. Sadly, due to various reasons this set was not completed, however it would be the base of what is here today.

Which is why we are here to bring you the NEW Acanthite TCG series.

Partly due to a change of direction in the Pokémon Acanthite fangame, there are a lot of new things happening with the TCG. We now have a fantastic new template design which has been created by the man himself, Fangking Omega, which brings a fresh appeal to the Trading Card Game concept. We also have some new concepts entirely, both visual and gameplay based, which also make the cards feel much more interesting.

But now it seems appropriate that we show you some of the cards! These cards are from the pre-release Development Series (referred to internally as DEV##) which have initially been featured on the weekly TCG blog on the Acanthite forums.

grovylecopy.png
11seviper.png
12gastly.png
porygonx3updatecopy.png

Card template and design is WIP and may change before final release

Credits:
Fangking Omega - blanks and textures
Cascade Gonpory - blank design input
Comfy Cushion - Pokémon designs, Porygon-X3 artwork
Jason Shaver (Kudamon) - Grovyle artwork
Xous - Seviper artwork
FeuerRegen - Gastly artwork

Acanthite TCG Staff:
Fangking Omega
Flame Claw
Kam

We would also like to thank members of both the Acanthite game team and the Pokémon Acanthite forum community for their feedback and creative input in the card designs.

So, we hope you like what we are offering, and we welcome any feedback you may have :) If anybody is interested in contributing artwork towards the project, please don't hesitate to fire me a Private Message :)

Really not liking that Basic/Stage1&2 bit, doesn't seem to fit at all; might just be me :(

Ability symbol isn't bad, again though it doesn't fit to well to me.

Loving the Poison type background, that works very well, the Ghost one not so much.

Overall tis nice, just bits don't seem to fit too well, to me anywho :)

AMAZING! :O The blanks are kind of... perfect! I disagree with asche, I think the Basic/Stage1&2 placement and everything is really original and awesome. I'm not very fond to the Ability symbol either. Loved both Poison and Ghost textures, and the evo circle gives the blanks a touch of... epicness. I don't know, but I'm looking forward to see whats next.

Oh, another thing, I just saw the Acanthite forum, and, well, It's me or Porygon X3 got bumped up?

(Have you guys decided wich will be the special mechanic? I just loved the idea of BATTLE Pokémon.)

aschefield101 said:
Really not liking that Basic/Stage1&2 bit, doesn't seem to fit at all; might just be me :(

Ability symbol isn't bad, again though it doesn't fit to well to me.

Loving the Poison type background, that works very well, the Ghost one not so much.

Overall tis nice, just bits don't seem to fit too well, to me anywho :)

About the Basic/evo part - is it the location on the card or the shape of it?

Ability symbol - Hmmm, I must say that personally I quite like it. To me looks much better than the official one, but then that is just opinion.

The textures are something different - nice to know you like the poison - as for ghost I'll forward the feedback onto Fang because he's the texture guy :D

Delta Nite said:
AMAZING! :O The blanks are kind of... perfect! I disagree with asche, I think the Basic/Stage1&2 placement and everything is really original and awesome. I'm not very fond to the Ability symbol either. Loved both Poison and Ghost textures, and the evo circle gives the blanks a touch of... epicness. I don't know, but I'm looking forward to see whats next.

Oh, another thing, I just saw the Acanthite forum, and, well, It's me or Porygon X3 got bumped up?

(Have you guys decided wich will be the special mechanic? I just loved the idea of BATTLE Pokémon.)

Thank you :) Yeah, Porygon-X3 has been powered up a bit since the original reveal at Acanthite - when we did the original reveal we were going for a kind of high-EX/mid-DP style power level, however during development we thought it'd make more sense to be in line with what the current official TCG is doing so we're trying to balance things out in the style of the BW-series cards.

Yeah, we do have a special mechanic, and it is the BATTLE Pokémon :D We'll have more on that at a later date :)

Thank you for the feedback folks :)

Flame Claw said:
About the Basic/evo part - is it the location on the card or the shape of it?

Ability symbol - Hmmm, I must say that personally I quite like it. To me looks much better than the official one, but then that is just opinion.

The textures are something different - nice to know you like the poison - as for ghost I'll forward the feedback onto Fang because he's the texture guy :D

The evo circle is fine, its more the placement of the Basic/S1:S2 I guess. I think the gradient you have on there could do with being a bit darker, darker grey's for example :)

The Ghost one I think its too "busy" if you see my meaning. It could possibly be the white part in the middle, if thats a seperate layer lowering the opacity might be it; something along those lines.

The Acanthite team are proud to showcase two brand new Development Series cards, Dwebble and Crustle! Both of these were illustrated by our one and only Kam - here goes!

dwebble2copy.png
crustlecopy.png

These cards show off our new Bug and Rock type textures, again designed by Fangking Omega! Hope you like this, and comments are appreciated :D

Do they not have their own type icons? Or you keeping it this way? :)

Regardless the rock texture is spot on and very well made, the bug one is nicely done too. Looking at the examples now though, I think the attack symbols might be too small, in relation to the blank and font size :)

Actually we're going by Diamond/Pearl standards for icon sizes, which IIRC were a little bit smaller than what we're used to now.

As for the typing - we decided it'd be better to keep the types grouped together using just the official TCG types (and Light and Virus) but change the textures around for visual effect :D

So, we now feel it is time to reveal something a little special... this card features a new kind of card in the Acanthite TCG called AURA. These Pokémon have special abilities which affect all Pokémon in play. And to top it off, this card features a brand new Pokémon... DRAGLANZ!

auracopycopy.png

The Pokémon design is one of Nintendo Jr.'s and I think it looks fantastic! What do we think?

RE: Pokémon Acanthite TCG Series ft. Draglanz

Is it... Light type? *-* And if we're having Aura Pokémon, will you guys drop the BATTLE Pokémon idea? That'd be too bad...

Nope, the AURA cards run alongside Battle Pokémon :D Yup, that's the Light type, it's Fang's custom design :)

Anyway, am I falling behind with posting things here? I might be. Here are some more DEV## cards!
17rapidash.png
17trapinchcopy.png

Hope you all like :D Art for the Rapidash is from PokéBeach's own Xous, who is absolutely fantastic as we all know, so let's be nice and thank him for letting us use it.

As, Asch has already mentioned, I also feel the [BASIC] [STAGE 1] [STAGE 2] really doesn't suit the cards.

But who cares? Great work Flame.

I really like these blanks. They're better than anything official so far. Will the blanks be released?

Thanks HoS :D

@Char - sorry, but these blanks won't be released to anyone outside of the Acanthite staff - it's not anything against anyone, the reason is that we want to keep the Acanthite TCG as a unique series, rather than something which is seen everywhere.

Hey guys, it's been a while :D

Here are the two new cards we released yesterday, Drilbur and Porygon-Z.
dev07drilburcopy.png
porygonzcopy.png

Drilbur's art is by Kam of the Pokémon Acanthite forums and Porygon-Z's artwork is clearly by the one and only Xous :D As you can see from the cards, Porygon-Z has had a type shift in the Pokémon Acanthite game; it has moved from Normal to Normal/Virus. We hope you like these cards :)

I get why you don't want to release the blanks. But, I really need blanks, and if you change your mind, PM them to me. Not trying to be snoopy or anything . . .

As specified earlier it's because we want these blanks to remain exclusive to the Acanthite project. If you're after some blanks there are plenty available in the sticky in this forum :D

I like the idea of keeping the types the same and using textures to denote specific types. These are looking pretty good.

Loving the new Virus blank (and symbol!)...much more realistic, although the old symbol with the green-on-black is a class that will never be forgotten.

Back