Contest PokéBeach's Dream-A-Mon Competition - Gen VII: Starter Evolutions - Judging Announced

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Shouldn't it automatically close when the trio is revealed, if that happens before Aug 31?

Celever

Wheeeee~
Shouldn't it automatically close when the trio is revealed, if that happens before Aug 31?
As stated in the OP that will indeed happen! We may give a grace period of 16-24 hours in which people can finish and submit their designs, but they will be exempt from the "closest to the final evolution" prize. :)

fossilizer

Aspiring Trainer
RCbnZ3m.png

MASTRIG- THE LEAF MASK POKEMON
  • ABILITY: Masquerade(protects Mastrig from sight-related status moves eg. scary face, glare, leer)
  • SIZE: 5'10'(30ft wingspan)
  • WEIGHT: 70 lbs
Here's mine! I liked the idea of Rowlet's little bowtie growing into a sort of mask? And I love ghost types :'D
Its name is a combo of mask+strigiformes(the taxonomic order which owls belong to)

Attachments

• mastrigsmall.png
    mastrigsmall.png
    152.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
Litten's adorable! So that's what I'm doing my design for. Knowing that Alola is based off of Hawaii, I looked up info for if there were any cats native to the islands. Turns out that there are a lot of wild/feral cats living there, and that's where it gets it's name, Ferame from (being a mix of feral and flame).

Ferame
Feral Cat Pokemon
Evolves from Litten
Type: Fire
Height: 3' or 90cm
Weight: 43lbs or about 20kg

Ferame are mainly found near Volcanoes, but have been spotted outside their regular habitats. They have developed special eyesight and fur patterns that let them see through and blend in with the volcanic ash that usually surrounds said Volcanoes. Although Ferame appears to be calm and collected, it actually has a huge temper. If it gets angry enough, it's whiskers flare up like torches.

dream_a_mon_competition_litten_entry_by_doubleosquirtle-dadz6a0.png

Last edited:

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Hey guys, I just wanted to inform you that attachments don't seem to be working when clicking them through the front page article; we would highly recommend you to upload your image through an image hosting site and edit your post with the image. If you have any questions, please let us know! Thanks!

LostSalamence

LOST: The End
So, this actually is a first for me. I really like Rowlet and hope his final evolutions will be a majestic owl. That's why I have chosen to do a first-stage drawing for this little ball of awesomeness. I decided to stick with the leaf-owl concept Rowlet has and emphasize the 'classy-leaf' part in this first evolution with a tie.
pokemon_rowleaf_entry_lostsalamence_by_mrekon-daere0n.png

Dex-entry:
Rowleaf is the leaf owl Pokémon. When growing, it became more of a majestic owl. As Rowlet, it can move and attack without making a sound. Rowleaf is a very patient Pokémon. It can sit on a tree for three days, waiting for its prey to appear. It uses a minimal amount of energy while looking for prey, only to attack more vigorously when its prey is on the radar.

Attachments

• Pokemon_Rowleaf_Entry_LostSalamence.png
    Pokemon_Rowleaf_Entry_LostSalamence.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
So I just add my drawing to the comment section and its entered? And do I have to add all the name and type and dex entry to it?
Yep; just put it here in the comments! :)

And yes, the name and dex entry (which includes the type) is required.

weareallgeekshere

Pokemon Artist
Here is my official contest entry. I choose to do Rowlet’s stage 1 evolution. Here it is!

Hello all! weareallgeekshere is the name. So I am #teamrowlet, so I had to do my fan art for Rowlet’s evolution. I went with the name Sharpueo because it combines the words Sharp and Pueo. Like many stage 1 evolutions, I had mine keep the same species, namely: Grass Quill Pokémon. Since quills are sharp I wanted that to reflect in the name. As for Pueo, I drew off a Hawaiian theme because that’s the geographical location for Sun & Moon. A Pueo is an owl that is endemic to Hawaii. And on top of that the Hawaiians believed that these owls were sacred ʻaumākua (ancestor spirits taking a different form) that were protectors or guardians. There is a hawaian saying, “ka pueo kani kaua.” Which means, "the owl who sings of war, the owl as a protector in battle.” The physical shape of my fan art had a lot of inspiration from this animal-just made into a super adorable Pokémon. Whereas Rowlet only had feet and no legs, this owl has longer legs, but still features a round, earless design. I loved Rowlet’s bowtie and I had that bowtie extend to be what attaches to his protective leaf cape. I liked the leaf cape because it made Sharpueo take on a more guardian look.
sharpueosmall_by_weareallgeekshere-daezttv.jpg

Name: Sharpueo (Shar-Poo-Weh-Oh)

National Pokédex №: 723

Type: Grass / Flying

Species: Grass Quill Pokémon

Height: 3’ 03”

Weight: 51 lbs.

Abilities: Overgrow, Hidden Ability: Big Pecks

Pokémon Sun Pokédex Entry: Sharpueo have been the guardians of Alolan ancestral families for millennia. The rachis of their feathers can pierce steel.

Pokémon Moon Pokédex Entry: Sharpueo use a leaf cape to shield themselves while protecting their loved ones. They are immensely loyal to their masters.

Base Stats:

HP – 53
Attack – 57
Defense – 75
Sp. Atk – 80
Sp. Def – 60
Speed – 80

Total – 405

I went with the Big Pecks hidden ability because I like the thought that Sharpueo is such a loyal guardian that it never lowers it guard, so it can’t lose defense.

Attachments

• SharpueoSmall.jpg
    SharpueoSmall.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 1

Arcane Potato

Aspiring Trainer
I was just wondering: has anyone else noticed that not many entries have appeared? Is everyone like me, procrastinating and thinking "I'll do it tomorrow" and turning it in at 10:00 on the 30th? Also what if you have a messy drawing? I was testing my sketch in Photoshop and I realized that all my extra lines had been scanned in. Finally, to Kawaki, amazing job on that image! How ever did you manage all that text, the Litten, and fancy text boxes? That would be like me and 3 hours on google drawings. And that wouldn't even have the quality of a scam website!

POKKENBOY

Aspiring Trainer
I was just wondering: has anyone else noticed that not many entries have appeared? Is everyone like me, procrastinating and thinking "I'll do it tomorrow" and turning it in at 10:00 on the 30th? Also what if you have a messy drawing? I was testing my sketch in Photoshop and I realized that all my extra lines had been scanned in. Finally, to Kawaki, amazing job on that image! How ever did you manage all that text, the Litten, and fancy text boxes? That would be like me and 3 hours on google drawings. And that wouldn't even have the quality of a scam website!

Haha. I also keep procrastinating on when to post mine. Good luck to you!

POKKENBOY

Aspiring Trainer
Here is my idea for the Dream - A- Mon Competition! Mine is for the second evolution of Rowlet. I hope you injoy my art! Here is a link to my DeviantArt page if you like my art! Thank you for the support! http://toonjason752.deviantart.com
hoodlet_by_toonjason752-daf8ztv.png
Name: Hoddlet
Type: Grass/Flying
Pokedex: 723
Category: Grass Feather Pokémon
Hight: 4' 07"
Weight: 6.2 lbs
Ability: Hood Out; Higher defense when being attacked by projectile moves and improves speed.

Stats:
HP – 56
Attack – 47
Defense – 59
Sp. Atk – 65
Sp. Def – 78
Speed – 80

Uses its hood like leafs on its head to easily hide in the trees waiting for its prey. Can attack from above using sharp leafs or swoop down and use its sharp claws. When raised by human authority, it can be a very nice and generous Pokemon.

Arcane Potato

Aspiring Trainer
Haha. I also keep procrastinating on when to post mine. Good luck to you!
Thanks, I like you ability, hood out. I'm bad with this, but you made that one right? If so, then that is a really sweet ability that if kept by te final evolution of rowlet, wold make it my DEFINITE choice.

Alphaseme

Aspiring Trainer
This was actually a lot harder than I thought, but it was fun. I based this evolution on the leaked final evolution of rowlet (you can probably tell. The hood is a giveaway). Anyways, here's the dex info.

Fledglet: The Hood Pokemon
Height: 3'5 Weight: 10lbs Type: Grass/Flying
Pokedex Entry: Fledglet is never seen during the day. This is because Fledglet cannot see as well during the day, however, this pokemon has perfect night vision.

rowlet-evolution-png.11604

Attachments

• rowlet evolution.png
    rowlet evolution.png
    818.5 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Leopyre.png
Leopyre, the Passionate Cat pokémon
Type: Fire/Dark
Weight: 60.7 lbs.
Height: 4'10"
Pokédex Number: #726
Gender Ratio (Male:Female): 7:1
Egg Groups: Monster/Human-Like
Hidden Ability: Defiant (Raises Attack two stages upon having any stat lowered.)
Gender Differences: Female Leopyre have heart shaped markings on their bodies instead of flame shaped markings.

Stats:

HP-64
Attack-95
Defense-42
Sp. Attack-53
Sp. Defense-64
Speed-87

Information from the Official Sun and Moon Website:

Upon evolution, Litten gains an amalgamation of tattoo-like marks on the upper half of its body. When combined with the rich oils on Litten's fur, these marks can cause third-degree burns on contact. Because of this, Leopyre tend to engage in hand to hand combat to cause their opponents the most pain and suffering. It's personality also undergoes a major change during evolution, as it becomes much more sensitive to everything around it. This change is rumored to be linked to the large mark on Leopyre's forehead, though no connection has been found between the two.

Every Kahuna in Alola is provided with Leopyre in order to light torches for evening battles against trainers. This tradition can be traced back to thousands of years ago, where Alolan royalty traded Leopyre with each other as a sign of good spirits between nobles. Touching it's tail while it sleeps is said to show trainers glimpses of their own deaths.

From the beginning of the contest, I knew I wanted to make a bipedal Litten Evolution. When I first started brainstorming ideas for it, I knew I wanted it to have a closer connection with sulfur, which the mark on Litten and Leopyre's head is derived from. In alchemy, sulfur symbolizes passion and good spirit, which explains it's category(?), personality change, and nobles trading it to eachother. It's name is derived from Leopard (a type of spotted cat) and a pyre (a wooden structure used in funerals to burn bodies). These aspects are incorporated into it's designs through the markings (a leopard's spots) and the tail, which was designed to look like a pyre up in flames.

I hope you guys enjoyed these design notes, and think this unique blend between cute, ferocious, and creepy is enough to give this post a like!

Last edited:

Arcane Potato

Aspiring Trainer
Here is mine!

Tuxowl: Fancy Owl Pokemon.
Typing: Grass-Flying
3 feet, 6 inches
25.8 pounds

Tuxowl looks really fancy, but actually is dangerous. Unlike Rowlet, Tuxowl prefers ranged combat, pulling loose quills from its suit and throwing them. Its feathers ends are razor sharp, just like its vision. When approached, Tuxowl, will fling a barrage of feathers and fly to a distance, to resume its attacks.

Ability: Thorns
If contact is made with this pokemon, the ability will do 1/16 of the attacker's health in damage, and increase this pokemon's next move's damage by 5%Tuxowl.jpg .

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Aaaaaaaaaaand that's a somewhat-belated wrap!
Should have ended last night but I had school. >:L

A huge thank you to all members who submitted entries! Judging will begin soon. Stay tuned for the results! :D

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!
Freaking dang it! I finished my picture and haven't been able to even upload it until now! : (

Okay, at this point, i don't care if it's entered or not. I just feel like I did nothing but waste my time making it if I don't at least share it so here.

oharlio_by_xplayer1x-dagqbuh.png

Oharlio
Comedy Act Pokemon
Water/Fairy
3'03"
63.9 lbs.
Oharlio are known to be very animated as if they were cartoon characters. More often than not, you'll find them playing games and entertaining other people or Pokemon. Because of this, they're recognized as some of the best friends to have as well as the best entertainers. Oharlio often like to be over dramatic and spontaneous with their behavior, even going as far as turning a peaceful view into a water circus. They have the ability to create shapes with bubbles such as stars, boxes, and even a Pikachu!

Artist notes-
I designed Oharlio to be the "Dewott" between Popplio and the leaked final evolution. It's spots come from the clowns with spotted outfits. The name "Oharlio" is from the hawaiian name for the Hawaiian Monk Seal, harlequin, and the scientific name for eared seals, Otariidae. The Japanese name comes from Piero/clown, Ashika/sea lion, and mizutama moyō/polka dot.

Last edited: