Contest PokéBeach's Dream-A-Mon Competition - Gen VII: Starter Evolutions - Judging Announced

This is a thing?!

I think I'll give it a shot! Not very good at drawing Pokémon, but I might as well try, right?

I'd love to give this a shot!

I might not have paid attention enough but do you choose one starter or do all three?

I'd love to give this a shot!

I might not have paid attention enough but do you choose one starter or do all three?
You only do one starter! You could draw art for all 3 if you want, but you can only submit your best design as your final submission. :)

I can't wait to see all of the awesome art you guys put up! Unfortunately for me, I'm not talented in the art world. But I can guess why this is the middle stages! ;)

How's it going, all? I'm Jabber, and I have the distinct pleasure of being your host this time around, which means I get to slap you with trout if I don't like your entry. :D

I'm here to answer any questions you might have, unless of course Celever is a sneaky ninja and gets to them first! <3

Looking forward to all the talent and art! Put in your best and have fun! ^.^

Could I get someone else to draw my design? Because I know someone who's a supertalented artist but won't come on PB, so could we work together?

Is there any restrictions to the art style? Does it have to be strictly cartoonish or can it be hyper realistic or extremely graphic?

One quick question: Can we vote for (Like) as many submissions as we want or just one?

Edit: Removed one of my questions because I didn't read carefully enough. :p

Where do I submit the post too? if it was in the article i could not find it. Thanks

Could I get someone else to draw my design? Because I know someone who's a supertalented artist but won't come on PokéBeach, so could we work together?
No. As per the rules:
You are to come up with the design entirely by yourself. That means no one else can help with the designing/rendering.

Is there any restrictions to the art style? Does it have to be strictly cartoonish or can it be hyper realistic or extremely graphic?
Provided your entry is within the limits of the forums' PG-13 rule, yes, you may use whatever art style you wish. Be forewarned that this may lose you points for the award that goes to the entry that is closest to the final designs, though. :)

One quick question: Can we vote for (Like) as many submissions as we want or just one?

Edit: Removed one of my questions because I didn't read carefully enough. :p
Yes, you may like as many submissions as you wish. :)

Where do I submit the post too? if it was in the article i could not find it. Thanks
Just post it in this thread! ^.^

Unfortunately I'm better at stats than drawing final evolutions for starters, so unfortunately I'm out :(. But good luck to everyone else though! :D

Can a staff member please explain to me how to enter? I am confused on how to.
As per the rules:
To enter, make a post in this thread with the following things contained in it:
  • Your fan art in .jpg or .png format. for your entry. Giant images will be resized. Please do not exceed 500×500 px. per image. Only one Pokemon/evolution chain should be represented as your entry in your official submission post in this thread, but we don’t mind if you display other artworks of potential starter evolutions you may have come up with. However, they will not count when the judges award bonus points.
  • Names and dex entries for your new Pokemon designs.
  • Optional: Introduction as the artist/designer, comments about your entry and design process. Anything you would like voters to know about you or your entry.
Hope that makes sense. :)

Ok I have one question, is the winning art more towards if it looks the closest to the official art when it is released? In my case I am drawing the evolution of litleo but I know my design is too unique and different then what pokemon releases as the official design. Even though my art turns out clean and nice, it is still not very close to the official. Does that give me a lower score? Do I have to make my starter evolution look like the official one (when it is revealed) or can I make mine as creative as I want even if it does not look like the official design?

Ok I have one question, is the winning art more towards if it looks the closest to the official art when it is released? In my case I am drawing the evolution of litleo but I know my design is too unique and different then what pokemon releases as the official design. Even though my art turns out clean and nice, it is still not very close to the official. Does that give me a lower score? Do I have to make my starter evolution look like the official one (when it is revealed) or can I make mine as creative as I want even if it does not look like the official design?

As per the article:
The best part about this contest is that there will 4 chances to win! The first winners (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place) will be announced for best overall design concepts. Later, there will be a special award for the design that came closest to the official artworks (whenever the official art for the starter evolutions have been revealed.)

So, the design most similar to the official Stage 1s is only one part of the competition. If your design is really impressive, creative and gets enough likes, then you can still win! You can find the specifics on the judging in the "How will this be judged?", "Criteria" and "Winners" sections of the rules.

Alrighty. Here is my contest entry for Litten's second "Stage 1" evolution: Felinamite

I went with the name Felinamite (Feline + Dynamite). I wanted to add more orange into the Pokemon's color palette so I think the glowing rings on the feet (and now tail) are a fun addition. The tail becomes a lit wick (no pun intended) for a string of dynamite that is always flickering, until Felinamite is knocked out.

Pronunciation: Fee-line-a-mite
Type: Fire / Dark
Dex No. 729
Height: 3' 07"
Weight: 82 lbs.
Pokedex entry: "Felinamite is known for keeping calm during heated battles. With this unfettered focus, Felinamite can summon smoldering balls of yarn to hurl at its enemies like bombs."

Per the sizing terms I've submitted a smaller version of the original design, which a full res version can be found on my DA account here. (I also have some ghost/fighting and bug/flying Eeveelution fakemon on there that would be cool to see in the Alola region.)

Anywho, hope you enjoy, I had fun doing this and thanks for putting on such a fun contest PokeBeach.
*edited one word in attack list due to transposed letters.

KJdLNOT.jpg

Attachments

• Felinamite (small).jpg
    Felinamite (small).jpg
    171 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back