PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Nov. 2014 - Team M's/A's Pokemon — Congratulations to the winners!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Nov. 2014 - Team M's/A's Pokemon

Last minute entry gogogo. Kept putting off working on CaC for a long time, then didn't have time to think of a super cool entry, so I went with this instead. Hope you enjoy it!

STAGE 1 / Pyroar // HP110 [R]
667.png
Evolves from Litleo (Team Magma)
latest

NO. 668 Royal Pokémon HT: 4'11'' WT: 179.7lbs.

[Ability] Bursting Roar
At the end of your turn, if this Pokémon is your Active Pokemon, discard Energy cards attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon until it has 2 Energy cards attached to it.

[R] Claw of Allegiance 20+
If you have no Pokémon in play, or in your discard pile (excluding Team Magma Pokémon), this attack does 50 more damage.

weakness [W] x 2
resistance
retreat [C][C]

With fiery breath of more than 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit, they viciously
threaten any challenger. The females protect the pride’s cubs.​

This version of Team Magma Pokemon work just like Team Plasma Pokemon. They have no special effects by default, but some cards interact with them differently. The Team Magma logo is in the same place as the Team Plasma logo. The frame of the artwork and logo are red, but the boarder is still yellow (or gray in Japan).

Gee, that Pyroar is a bit Overpowered! But I guess the bad-ish attack ballences it out.

magmaninetalescoacutepia_zpsec59ea75.png
Why Ninetales? Because Drought. I can imagine team Magma getting like 100 of these thinking "lol cheap man's Groudon" only to discover Game Freak changed Drought's mechanics. "Welp, Primal Groudon it is then."
Wording is XY-on except for the 'this Pokémon' thing, I like when cards call themselves on 3rd person. That's how I've been wording Welkin based cards.

Here's the true last minute entry! Only a few hours to go!

Murkrow A / / HP 70 [D]
Basic Pokemon
198.gif

NO. 195 Darkness Pokemon Height: 1'08" Weight: 4.6 lbs.
________
/ Ability / Thievery

Once during your turn, before your attack, you may look at your opponents hand. Choose an item card, if any, and use its effect. Then, discard that card. You may only use one Thievery ability per turn.

[D][C] Feint Attack 20+
If you have used Thievery this turn, this attack does 30 more damage.
weakness [L] resistance [/color][/color][F] -20 retreat cost [C]

It hides any shiny object it finds in a secret location. Murkrow and Meowth loot one another's stashes.

Hope it works!:D

Here's the true last minute entry! Only a few hours to go!

Murkrow A / / HP 70 [D]
Basic Pokemon
198.gif

NO. 195 Darkness Pokemon Height: 1'08" Weight: 4.6 lbs.
________
/ Ability / Thievery

Once during your turn, before your attack, you may look at your opponents hand. Choose an item card, if any, and use its effect. Then, discard that card. You may only use one Thievery ability per turn.

[D][C] Feint Attack 20+
If you have used Thievery this turn, this attack does 30 more damage.
weakness [L] resistance [/color][/color][F] -20 retreat cost [C]

It hides any shiny object it finds in a secret location. Murkrow and Meowth loot one another's stashes.

Hope it works!:D

This took a lot longer than I had hoped. Actually, I forgot about it, then completed most of it and got whisked away for two days due to family merriment. In any sense, I proudly present Team Aqua's newest venture: the brainwashing of innocent ponies! This is intended for the current format. The Team Aqua Pokemon mechanic is identical to the Team Plasma sets. Also, yes, the name of that first attack was borrowed from a certain... someone I adore. :D

[size=small][Basic]
[/size] / / / / HP 110
water_zpsb07e09aa.gif

Keldeo / / / / /
aqualogo_zps4ec777ed.png
[Team Aqua]
keldeo_zps2fa9b1fd.png
[ NO. 647 Colt Pokemon HT:4'07''' WT: 106.9 lbs ]​

water_zpsb07e09aa.gif
Colorless_zps01b4f994.png
Submarine Reflection 30
If an attack damages your Active Pokemon during your opponent's next turn (even if your Active Pokemon or this Pokemon is Knocked Out), put 1 damage counter on each of your opponent's Pokemon.

water_zpsb07e09aa.gif
water_zpsb07e09aa.gif
Coalition Sword 30x
Does 30 damage times the number of Team Aqua Pokemon you have in play.

weakness
symbol_G_zps9d2ba39f.gif
x2 resistance
retreat

[ Experimentation robbed this once noble Pokemon of its morals and memories. Its loyalty now lies solely with Team Aqua and their misguided ideals. ]

(C) 2014 Pokemon / My Little Keldeo Illus. Someone Awesome xx/xx

[Basic] - Walrein EX - HP180​
20px-Water-attack.png

(Team Aqua)
walrein.png

[Ability]: Ice Body
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may attach a
20px-Water-attack.png
Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokémon.

20px-Water-attack.png
20px-Colorless-attack.png
Rain of Terror 60+
You may discard the top 5 cards of your deck. If you do, this attack does 10 more damage for each Team Aqua Pokémon and
20px-Water-attack.png
Energy card you discarded. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.

weakness
20px-Lightning-attack.png

resistance __
retreat

Pokémon-EX Rule
When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.​
Image credit to the Pokemon Showdwon April Fool sprites.

Any news on when results will drop? I'm feeling hype for this month's results.

Blui said:
Any news on when results will drop? I'm feeling hype for this month's results.

Not only that, but when will the December contest appear? It usually happens around this time of the month :p

You're as expectant as I am, I don't even know if I'm returning as a judge this month. :p

I've been very busy with exams so I haven't been around as much. Judging is still an ongoing process, so just be patient for a few more days. It's a busy time for many of us right now.

Regarding next round, there is a slight possibility that this month might be a break month. Depends on what you guys want.

I have a few things planned for January, though. ;)

I mean, I always enjoy playing CaC, but it's not my choice if you guys don't have time to make one this month. If you don't have the ability to host it, just let us know. I'm sure everyone will understand. :)

I'll be able to host it. I just want to make sure that the participants and judges will have time this month.

The decision is in your hands. Just let me know what you guys want so I can order the banner this weekend and put it up. ;)

EDIT: "On what you guys want" = A contest this month

Well I'm in holidays so I'm certainly okay with it. I can judge if absolutely noone else can... but Eevee used Last Resort.

I think since Winter's on the doorstep for North America; maybe making a card revolving around an Ice-type Pokemon?

Tails said:
I think since Winter's on the doorstep for North America; maybe making a card revolving around an Ice-type Pokemon?
Does anyone care about Australia that had summer two months early??? I'm feeling sad.

As mentioned before, members cards would be nice - both Pokémon owned by members and members as cards themselves would be fun. :D

Ice Espeon said:
As mentioned before, members cards would be nice - both Pokémon owned by members and members as cards themselves would be fun. :D

Yeah! Liked the ones that Nameblank/Jax are doing. How would it work though? Would we make one for ourself or for someone else?

Back