Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2017 - Randommons - All Results Up!

Up for Image-based!
Trying to learn to draw on my I-pad, but having some troubles so far.
Hopefully it turns out good, or I will draw something traditional as a base for the card^^
This will be exciting.

Oh boy, first time submitting a CaC entry where I didn't do my own Illustration
falkner_s_unfezant__cac_june_2017__by_tylercomfyhat-dbbndt0.png
Note: This card follows Neo-era rules and wording conventions.

The Pokemon Power was inspired by Unfezant's usual Dex entry, which usually reads something like:
Males swing their head plumage to threaten opponents. The females' flying abilities surpass those of the males.
This, along with the different appearances depending on sex inspired me to put in a system where a coin toss determines the card's "gender" (Male if heads, Female if tails). At first I thought of making the rule a bit more complicated, probably something more along the lines of "If heads, [This 'mon] is the same gender as the player" to avoid any, uh, sour implications (Tails = Female? Surely that's sexist!) but finding a good way to word this without it being too complicated (or potentially getting me in more trouble) seemed too hard to do. Please don't think too hard into it, I ain't sexist, I swear!

Credits:
Card Illustration(s) by Xous54: http://xous54.deviantart.com/art/Unfezant-Male-280403447 and http://xous54.deviantart.com/art/Unfezant-Female-280786059
Neo-Gym Blank by @Nekoban Ryo: http://pokemoncardresources.deviant...-Gym-Pokemon-TCG-Photoshop-Template-683196162
Falkner Gym Leader Icon by @CMP : http://pokemoncardresources.deviantart.com/art/Johto-Gym-Leader-Icons-381162757
HoloSheet by @aschefield101 : http://pokemoncardresources.deviantart.com/art/Circular-HoloSheet-2014-403019243

[THIS ENTRY WAS EDITED; Feel free to subtract 2 Points.]

Original entry here.

Last edited:
Okay let's try this.

Sewaddle - 40HP - Grass
Basic Pokémon

Ability: Dress Up
Once during your turn (before your attack), if you have any [G] Pokémon on your Bench, you may discard all cards attached to that Pokémon and attach it to this Pokémon as a Pokémon Tool. As long as any [G] Pokémon is attached to Sewaddle, your opponent's Pokémon's attacks cost [C] more.

[G] Sticky Web
Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy attached to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon.

Weakness: R
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: 1

"This Pokémon makes clothes for itself. It chews up leaves and sews them with sticky thread extruded from its mouth."

References are Klefki (STS), Head Ringer and Crushing Hammer.

Hey @TylerRVG , I can't see the image of your entry for some reason. Maybe Imgur instead of whatever host service you are using?

Stage 1- Golbat -Evolves from Zubat - 70 HP - {P/N}
NO. 042 - Bat Pokemon - HT. 5'03" WT. 121.3 lbs

Ability- Venomous Sacrifice
If this Pokemon has more than 4 damage counters on it, flip a coin.
If heads, search your deck for a Venom Boost and attach it to this Pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
If tails, your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Poisoned. Put down 3 damage counters on your opponent's
Active Pokemon every turn instead of one. Then, discard this Pokemon and all cards attached to it.

{P}{C}- High Hazard - 40+
For every Golbat on your bench that has High Hazard, you may add 10
more damage. If you do, discard all Energy attached to this Pokemon and put
3 damage counters on this Pokemon.

Weakness- {P} x2
Resistance- {F} -20
Retreat- {C}

Its thick fangs are hollow like straws, making them unexpectedly
fragile. These fangs are specialized for sucking blood.

And the Venom Boost card is this:

Item: Venom Boost
If you have a Golbat in play, the attacks of it
do 20 more damage.

You may play as many Item cards as often as you want.

-Lunarwork

Okay, so looking at this thread on mobile, I can't see my entry like Yog, but I can see it fine when viewing the thread on my computer. I wonder if there is some correlation between Deviantart image links and mobile accessibility?

How come that link is not the exact same as the one I copied from viewing it at your dA page?

http://orig09.deviantart.net/db1f/f...t_cac_june_2017__by_tylercomfyhat-dbbndt0.png = your post
http://orig02.deviantart.net/db6b/f...__cac_june_2017__by_tylercomfyhat-dbbndt0.png = what I copied from your page

How curious. I wonder if you can see my post from mobile.
I can see it, actually. Deviantart is weird. It may be because I slightly edited the title/description of the Deviantart submission (but not the image), but the site ends up changing the image url regardless.

This'll probably be my last entry (or fake in general) where I link to Deviantart. It's too finicky. I'll go back to using the image hosting site I used before (Postimage). Also Deviantart sucks lol.

Okay! here i go! this is my card image based! i was lucky because my favorite pokémon is salamence.. and i worked hard to get the card today as i promise :)

mega_salamence_gx_cac_by_edwinsantander59-dbddc8v.png

Hey! sorry :( but looking the new entrys i feel really insecure about my entry, that's why i edit to get a more polished looking, maybe i will not win, but hoping to enter in the top 3 in image based category :)

Here is my previous entry..

salamence_gx_by_edwinsantander59-dbbsh6m.png

Hope you like it! best of luck to all!

Last edited:
I can see it, actually. Deviantart is weird. It may be because I slightly edited the title/description of the Deviantart submission (but not the image), but the site ends up changing the image url regardless.

This'll probably be my last entry (or fake in general) where I link to Deviantart. It's too finicky. I'll go back to using the image hosting site I used before (Postimage). Also Deviantart sucks lol.
I've never had an issue linking URL's from DA tbh. Aslong as you click "view image" and choose that URL, you should be fine.

Welp, it really shames me to admit it, but I edited my entry. Serves me right for rushing it. I really wasn't happy with a lot of elements, and I'm praying to Arceus that the two points I lose from editing will be less than the amount I would've lost for the screwups of my original version. The "Female effect" of the Pokepower text irked me, so I used wording from an official card (from the classic era, mind. I hope there isn't a Neo card that does the same thing but with different wording that I overlooked) and I completely changed the attack effect to make it more original, and less of a copy-paste job from Skarmory. (The original even had Skarmory's name left in there, as Ryo pointed out. I could have sworn I did change it when making the original version, and now I'm beating myself up over not noticing it) But even then, I'm not 100% happy with it, and had to abridge the text slightly so it isn't too small.

Additionally, I cited references in my post, to explain some of the weird wording conventions the Neo and classic era had. Strange indeed.

[Sits in the corner with a Dunce cap and cries]

Ruddy hell that's gorgeous @Edwin Santander . You should make up a tutorial on how to get that kind of shine and shimmer, would be very interested in seeing your methods.

Back