Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: July 2017 - Johto PokéDex - Results Are Up!

Was freaking out about there being enough spots, but then I realized that I'm judging this month. Whoops!
I'm super excited to see what cards you have to offer this month, and I hope you're excited to have me as a judge too. Good luck to all the entrants!

Pichu Lv.9 HP: 50 [L]
Basic
172.png

NO. 172 Tiny Mouse Pokémon HT: 1'00" WT: 4.4 lbs
Poké-POWER: Baby Evolution
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may put Pikachu from your hand onto Pichu (this counts as evolving Pichu) and remove all damage counters from Pichu.

[C] Parallel Recharge
Count the number of Energy cards attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon. Search your discard pile for that many Energy cards and attach them to 1 of your Pokémon.

The electric pouches on its cheeks are still small. They cannot store much electricity yet.

Weakness: [F] +10
Resistance: [M] -20
Retreat: [C]

/Pichupocalypse wants redemption!

This is for DP, as usual.

I can't quite put my finger on how, but I have a teeny tiny suspicion that @thegrovylekid may just have a fondness for Pichus, but that could just be crazy-talk.

The one no one else here was going to make, so I did. I present to you...

Shuckle GX HP: 170 - Grass
Basic Pokémon
213.gif

NO. 213 Mold Pokémon HT: 2'0" WT: 45.2 lbs.

Ability: Bulletproofing
This Pokémon takes 40 less damage from attacks (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

[G] Shell Ram 20
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon cannot attack during your opponent's next turn.

[C]
Berry Juicing GX
Search your deck for up to 3 Berry Juice, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

Weakness: [R] x 2
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C][C]

Pokémon GX Rule: When your Pokémon-GX is knocked out, your opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.
Berry Juice

Heal 90 damage from 1 of your Pokémon.

[You may play as many item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).]
Thoughts:
I wanted to do one I thought no one else was going to attempt for Johto, and its strange traits (it's ludicrously high defensive stats, it makes berry juice in its shell) were easy to incorporate into moves. Bulletproofing was how I incorporated Shuckle's defenses. Highest in the game to this day, easily, which is why it's like Palossand but it protects against more. Shell Ram is a flinch move, which is useful and makes sense considering how forceful and sturdy it's shell is. Berry Juicing is based on its ability to make berry juice inside its shell, and the involvement of an item card makes this GX unique.

References:
- Palossand (SM, 75/149)
- Primarina GX (SM, 42/149)
- Shuckle (FTC, 5/124)
- Potion (SM, 127/149)

Enjoyed making this one, good luck to the rest of you guys! :D

Here is my submission. It is designed for the current format.

Ho-Oh-GX - Colorless - 180 HP
Basic

Ability: Regenerator
Whenever this Pokemon becomes one of your benched Pokemon after being your active Pokemon, you may attach one basic energy from your discard pile to this Pokemon. If you do, remove 6 damage counters from this Pokemon.

[C][C][C] Rainbow Burn 70x
Discard all energy attached to this Pokemon. This attack does 70 damage for each different type of basic energy discarded.

[R][W][L] Sacred Ash GX
Your opponent takes the top card of their deck and adds it, face down, to their Prize cards. You may not use this attack if your opponent hasn't taken any Prize cards. (You can't use more than one GX attack in a game.)

Pokemon-GX rule: When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Lightning
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat Cost: 2

My entry, designed for the SM era:

Basic Celebi-GX HP110[G]

Ability Time Flies
Whenever one of your Benched Pokemon becomes your Active Pokemon, you may remove all damage counters from your old Active Pokemon. If you do, your turn ends.

[.] Time's Memory
If this Pokemon is in your discard pile, you may use this attack instead of attacking with your Active Pokemon. Put 3 damage counters on your opponent's Pokemon in any way you like. If this Pokemon isn't in your discard pile, this attack does nothing.

[G] Speed Through-GX
During your next turn, your Pokemon can evolve during the first turn you play those Pokemon. (You can only use one GX attack per game.)

Weakness: [R]x2 Resistance: Retreat: [C]

I'm fairly sure I messed up the wording on Speed Through GX, I tried to look at Forest of Giant Plants for reference but that confused me even more >_< . Anyways, hope you like it :)

Was freaking out about there being enough spots, but then I realized that I'm judging this month. Whoops!
I'm super excited to see what cards you have to offer this month, and I hope you're excited to have me as a judge too. Good luck to all the entrants!

Seconded.

Can't wait to see the amazing submissions this month. Best of luck to everyone.

Also, can't wait to give @Jabberwock some feedback :p

Basic - Lugia GX - HP 190 [C/W]

Ability- Hydro Guard
All of your [W] Pokemon in play get +10 HP for
every benched [C] Pokemon your opponent has.

[C][C]- Sky Strike -40
Discard an Energy Card attached to this Pokemon.
If you do, shuffle 3 Energy Cards from your discard
pile into your deck.

[W][W][C][C]- Ultra Stormcharge GX -300
Discard this Pokemon and all cards attached to it.
(You can't use more than one GX attack in a game.)

Weakness- [L] x2
Resistance- [F] -20
Retreat- [C][C]

Pokemon-GX Rule-
When a Pokemon-GX has been Knocked Out,
your opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.

EDIT-2 off for me again...

Back