PokéBeach Create-a-Card January 2013! Grats to Delta Nite and Teal!

RE: PokéBeach Create-a-Card January 2013!

guess I'll do image-based.

In and in.

Submitting my entry:

Flygon --- Dragon --- HP140
Stage 2 - Evolves form Vibrava

Ability: Sand Trap
As long as this is your active Pokemon, the defending Pokemon can't retreat.

[F][C]Sandstorm: 30
This attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's benched Pokemon. (Don't apply weakness and resistance to Benched Pokemon).

Weakness: Dragon
Resistance: Fighting
Retreat: 0

So good I could use my favourite Pokemon.
Sand Trap helps you against Darkrai. The biggest problem is Keldeo.
This plus Hypnotoxic Laser its pretty good.
Fighting Resistance because of Levitate helps against Landorus.
0 Retreat like most Flygon cards.
[F][C] Because with [F] would be too strong and with [F][C][C] would take a lot of time to set up.

kay here you go

Sylku.png

PMJ said:
kay here you go

Sylku.png

Gosh PMJ I can't compete against that, I get owned solely on the dex entry.

Enterarararararararara....

rayquaza_ex__another_incoming_mini_set__by_blui129-d5rrcgh.png

So yeah, SR Rayquaza EX. Stuff FA this is the new stuff.

-Kyurem NVI. Attack 2, the attack is similar, but way better.
-Tyranitar ex delta species. Attack 1. Remember shockwave markers? Like that. Also a bit lot with attack 2.
-Every BW-DV/DRE Rayquaza. Attack costs
-CoL Rayquaza, actually had a lot to do with the art (not just the rayquaza part), the background is reminds me of CoL Rayquaza.
-Rayquaza "Star". Attack 2
-Shiny Pokemon in BW/BW2, blue glow stars.
-Video game, 2nd attack (duh)

HP/Type/Weakness/Retreat:
170 HP for an EX is pretty decent. Still 2HKO'd by Darkrai w/o Eviolite though. Dragon weakness is expected and 1 retreat is amazing. In RayEels this would be great. Dragon Typing is okay, and doesn't really matter seeing as its attacks do indirect damage.
Attacks:
Attack 1 is good, although it is bad early game, and your opponent can work around it. Attack 2 has a stupid cost, but a great effect. 7 damage counters means it 3HKOs every Pokemon (bar Aspertia+Giant Cape on Tornadus/Regigigas EX or Giant Cape Wailord). The cost however can be justified by the fact that there are Eels in the format. Plus RayEels can charge it up rather easily, because it uses the same energy as Dragon Burst Rayquaza to attack.

Blui imo that's really broken.

In for image-based please. And also for politeness, can we possibly leave comments/criticisms about other's cards for the judges?

OP updated again.

@DXM147: I'm the only one who's going to be judging this round. You're free to leave comments, but they won't impact my decision. The grading rubric is nice like that.

Edit: Whoever put "Contest" as the header in the topic, thank you.

Teal said:
Blui imo that's really broken.

Yeah all my cards are like that. But if it was real, people would take caution when playing against it. Just because it only puts markers on the bench. They'd just put one Pokemon on the bench a turn. I dunno. In my eyes it aint' but hey, for all I know it could be.

@DNA, can we edit our entries? I noticed a problem and would like to change something.

Yeah, you can go edit, but don't make it a habit. If people are going to edit too much, I might disallow it. But if you noticed a problem you wish to fix, go ahead.
And, of course, if it's a completely different entry than at first, then I can't allow that either.

I found a problem in mine (the "don't apply weakness or resistance to benched pokemon" rule). Fixed it.

Card:
giratina_fake_dragon_pokemon_card_by_dxm147-d5s0pcy.png
Attack:
I wanted a unique Ability to flip the heads on the attacking Pokémon. Just using the Attacking Pokémon's Ability seemed balanced enough, and keeping the opponent's Benched Pokémon safe (Eels/Emboars). I did consider giving Giratina the power to switch with the Player's Bench Abilities, but that could basically make Giratina an extra Altaria (but basic) or another Darkrai, and I deemed that too powerful.
Card Choice:
I love Giratina. I also like his unique Grass/Psychic energy requirements, because it doesn't follow the conventional logic of Dragon Energy requirements (i.e. not the dragon's secondary type and the dominant color of the final dragon evolution, such as Dragonite's Grass and Lightning requirements for his yellow body and green wings). I think TPCi decided upon grass because there isn't really enough dragons with green in their bodies and too much yellow (lightning) and just changed some to grass. Another dragon that makes a similar leap is Kyurem (basically Gen 5's Giratina) which uses Water/Psychic, even though Kyurem doesn't have any purple in it's coloration. /rant

Submitting this entry for Text-based.

[animate]druddigon[/animate] rawr

Druddigon - 110 HP - Dragon-type
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Sheer Force
If Druddigon attacks with an attack that requires a coin flip, you may skip flipping the coin, and all effects that come with that attack as a result. That attack will do 30 more damage instead.

(Steel)(Steel) Iron Head 50
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon can't attack next turn.

(Fire)(Fire)(Steel) Fire Fang 90
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now burned.

Weakness - Dragon
Resistance - None
Retreat Cost - Three

PokeDex entry: It runs through the narrow tunnels formed by Excadrill and Onix. It uses its sharp claws to catch prey.
Height: 5'03"
Weight: 306.4 lbs.

Here's mine:

Dialga-EX 180 HP
Steel and Dragon Type
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Future Sight
If you have no cards in your hand, you may use this ability. Draw 7 cards. If you do so, your turn ends.

[P] [M] [M] [C] Time Reversal 120 Damage
Discard an energy attached to this Pokemon and return your hand to your deck.

Weakness - Dragon
Resistance - None
Retreat Cost - Four

Just a reminder that entries are due on Sunday! I know most of you submitted yours, but a few of you have not. Do be sure to post them before the deadline!

EDIT: Well here it is. Not the happiest with it, but it'll do! :)

2po2sfq.png

theducktamer said:
EDIT: Well here it is. Not the happiest with it, but it'll do! :)

2po2sfq.png

That Druddigon-EX actually looks almost real, if you want my opinion.

Back