PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Jan 2014

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: First of 2014 (text & image)

This is by far the fastest I've ever made a CaC entry before.

(This card is balanced to fit into the current NXD-XY metagame.)
Florges 140HP [Y]
Stage 2 (Evolves from Floette)
florges.gif

NO. 671 Garden Pokémon HT: 3'07" WT: 22.0lbs.

[Ability] Emitted Power
This Pokémon's attacks do 20 more damage for each card in your Returning Zone.

[Y][Y] Flower Dome 60
Put up to 2 cards from your hand into your Returning Zone for 2 turns. If this Pokémon has any damage counters on it, you may put another card from your hand into the Returning Zone for 2 turns.

weakness [M] X2
resistance [D] -20
retreat cost [C]

Some people will catch Florges for a sad friend of theirs so it will decorate their home with flowers.

Some attacks or Abilities or Trainers will put cards into the Returning Zone. While a card is in the Returning Zone, it is face up, and neither player can access it unless under special circumstances. The card will return to it's player in a certain amount of time. If a card is put into the Returning Zone, the cause of the affect will list how many turns the card will be in the Returning Zone. After that many turns are up, the card will return to that players hand before drawing a card. Example: If I use an attack to put a Pokémon Catcher into the Returning Zone, and the attack says it will be in the Returning Zone for 3 turns, I will start 2 more turns, then at the start of my third turn, the Pokémon Catcher will come back to my hand. To signify how long a card will be in the Returning Zone, turn it counterclockwise equal to the amount of turns it will be in there, minus 1. So 1 turn is forward, 2 turns is left, 3 turns is backward, and 4 turns is right. (The maximum number of turns a card can be in the Returning Zone is 4.) Then at the start of each of your turns, turn it clockwise.

A friendly reminder to get your cards in.

Basic Pokemon Cloyster-EX HP160
20px-Water-attack.png

091.png

Ability: Conch of Magicness
If this Pokemon has Life Orb attached to it, all of your Pokemon's attacks do 20 more damage to your opponent's benched Pokemon.

20px-Water-attack.png
20px-Water-attack.png
Icicle Spear
Flip 5 coins. For each heads choose one of your opponent's Benched Pokemon, this attack does 10 damage to each of those Pokemon. Also apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.

Weakness:
20px-Metal-attack.png
Resistance: _
Retreat:
20px-Colorless-attack.png

Life Orb - Item Card - Pokemon Tool Card
If the Pokemon this card is attached to is a Pokemon-EX or Stage 2 Pokemon, the Pokemon this card is attached to does 10 damage to itself every time it does damage to your opponent's active Pokemon.

Happiny 70 HP
colorless.gif

440.png
(Credit Dreamworld Art)

Basic

Poké-BODY: Good Egg
As long as Happiny is your Active Pokémon, you may remove 2 damage counters instead of 1 from any Pokémon in the Pokémon Center between turns and put them on Happiny.

Poké-POWER: Baby Evolution
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may put Chansey from your hand onto Happiny (this counts as evolving Happiny) and remove all damage counters from Happiny.

Weakness
fighting.gif

Resistance

Retreat Cost
colorless.gif

The Pokemon Center, like the Lost Zone, doesn't have a card. It has 6 slots that opposing players share (3 each). Players put Pokemon in the Pokemon Center via the bench. These Pokemon must have at least 1 damage counter on them, and only 1 Pokemon can be put into the Pokemon Center every turn. These Pokemon can be evolved Pokemon, but not Pokemon ex. (Please remember that this mechanic is for the ex era and not any other era). In addition, the Pokemon Center has no effect if your Active Pokemon has only 10HP remaining (or in Happiny's case, 20HP). Between turns, each player has the choice of removing 1 damage counter from 1 Pokemon in the Pokemon Center. However, in order to do so, they must put that damage counter on their Active Pokemon. So as Pokemon in the Pokemon Center are gaining HP, the Active Pokemon is losing HP. Once a Pokemon in the Pokemon Center is restored to full health, it is then returned to the player's hand. Players can choose to remove their Pokemon from the Pokemon Center before they reach full health, but in order to do so they must discard a card from their hand. Every Pokemon in the Pokemon Center cannot be affected by any attacks or trainer cards, and cannot evolve.

A side note: Happiny's HP is intentionally high due to the fact that it serves as a boost to the Pokemon Center.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Basic Pokemon Cloyster-EX HP160
20px-Water-attack.png

091.png

Ability: Conch of Magicness
If this Pokemon has Life Orb attached to it, all of your Pokemon's attacks do 20 more damage to your opponent's benched Pokemon.

20px-Water-attack.png
20px-Water-attack.png
Icicle Spear
Flip 5 coins. For each heads choose one of your opponent's Benched Pokemon, this attack does 10 damage to each of those Pokemon. Also apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.

Weakness:
20px-Metal-attack.png
Resistance: _
Retreat:

Life Orb - Item Card - Pokemon Tool Card
If the Pokemon this card is attached to is a Pokemon-EX or Stage 2 Pokemon, the Pokemon this card is attached to does 10 damage to itself every time it does damage to your opponent's active Pokemon.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekG5w2WQaAM[/video]
ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH!
Damn you'd better not beat me and Beequeen ;O

Suddenly, lightness engulfs

[Basic] Arceus HP 100 [c]
arceus.gif

Suddenly, lightness engulfs

[Basic] Arceus HP 100 [ALPHA]
arceus.gif

[Ability] Matrix
As long as this Pokémon is in play, the opponent's Active Pokémon cannot retreat.

[C][C] Judgement 100+
Does 50 more damage for each different type of basic Energy attached to this Pokémon and your opponent's Active Pokémon.

Weakness: None
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C] x3

Alpha Pokémon are loosely based off of crystal Pokémon. Seeing as Pokémon EX made a comeback I would like to see crystal Pokémon return. So, how they work is that they become the type of the energy most recently pasted on them. If there is no energy on them they become colorless. IE If a person attaches a fire energy to this Pokémon, it becomes a fire type.

Good Luck All!

Just noticed a few other mistakes with my card.
I promise to put in a better effort next month.

rev3rsor said:
What day does this end? I'm hoping to use the same Pokemon I'm creating for The Challenge's Challenge 9 to make a card, so I'm hoping I won't take too long to do that.

Teal said:
Deadline: January 30th 2014.

Gotta love that giant text in the OP.

DNA said:
rev3rsor said:
What day does this end? I'm hoping to use the same Pokemon I'm creating for The Challenge's Challenge 9 to make a card, so I'm hoping I won't take too long to do that.

Teal said:
Deadline: January 30th 2014.

Gotta love that giant text in the OP.

Have you seen my trade thread? No one listens to the giant important-looking text in the OP.

I don't come here much anymore, but RedArceus you cannot do that to my blanks; you'll have to withdraw that image.

Someone post for image, because RedArceus' entry is void because it's altering asche's blank!
I think
anyway, if no one posts, PMJ wins by default, which hasn't happened in a while :p

I've been trying to come up with a decent gimmick, but all I've managed is discover how much I dislike gimmicks. There were a few decent ones (Holon's, Dark, lvX, those Evolutionary Stones from HGSS), but in general my experience with them has been one of at best indifference. That, and I've used up every new effect idea I've had on the Parasect I made last round (retaliatory special conditions and after-the-fact trainer card punishment). So whatever, let PMJ have the win, here's a silly Trainer card I threw together in about 5 minutes just to give PMJ some competition:

DZXp5At.png

If you are going to misspell discard pile on that card, at least make it diecard pile. :p

Hush now Teal.
This is obviously the rare misprinted version.

Keeper of Night said:
Hush now Teal.
This is obviously the rare misprinted version.
It's an homage to the horrible proofreading of the WotC days. Also the reason why it lacks a version number or artist credits. All for the sake of authenticity, you see.

Back