Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: February 2017 - Alola Pokedex - Results Are Up!

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Can we use unique set mechanics in our submissions (e.g. the time counter from my last set)?

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Here's my entry ;)

105-a.png

Alolan Marowak GX - Psychic – HP200
Stage 1 – Evolves from Cubone

[P][C] Mean Block
Your opponent can't play any supporter cards from their hand on their next turn

[P][P][P] Shadow Boomerang GX 140
This attack does 4o damage to each of your opponents benched Pokemon (You can not use more than one GX attack per game)

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: Dark (-20)
Retreat: [C] [C]

Last edited:

Nyora

A Cat
Alolan Grimer HP 70 Psychic
Basic Pokémon

grimer-alola.gif

[C][C] Hide the Junk
Turn your opponent's discard pile face-down. Neither you or your opponent can look at the cards in your opponent's discard pile unless an effect of an attack, Ability, or Trainer card would allow you to do so or require usage of the discard pile for the effect. Any card added to their discard pile must be turned face-down. Anytime a card is added or taken away from the discard pile, your opponent shuffles his or her discard pile. When a card from the top of your opponent's deck is discarded, neither player should look at the front of the card being discarded. You can only apply this effect once per game. Shuffle your opponent's discard pile.

[P][P] Toxic Tooth 10
The Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned and discard a Pokémon Tool card attached to the Defending Pokémon.

Weakness: Fighting x2
Resistance: Psychic -20
Retreat: 3

Good luck everyone else! Hope you can creat super creative cards! :3

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
It will take a while untill my card will be done due to Mouse problems! :mad:
Don't worry, you've got until the 26th to complete it! ^.^

Can we use unique set mechanics in our submissions (e.g. the time counter from my last set)?
That would be fine, but be sure to explain what the mechanic is in the entry post, so that the judge can understand it and judge accordingly.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce you to...

Whimsicott GX - Fairy - HP: 200
Stage 1- Evolves from Cottonee
whimsicott.gif

[C] Cotton Pickin’
Draw 2 cards

[F] Tiptoe Tackle
This attack does 30 damage to one of your Opponent’s Benched Pokemon (Do not apply Weakness and Resistance for this attack)

[F][C] Ultimate Mischief Attack GX
Rearrange all Energy cards and Damage Counters on your Opponents Pokemon in play (Active and Benched) in any way you like
(You can't use more than one GX attack per game)

Weakness – [M] x2
Resistance –
Retreat Cost – [C]
Pokemon GX Rule: When your Pokemon GX card is Knocked Out, your Opponent draws 2 Prize Cards.

“It rides on the wind and slips into people’s homes. After it has turned a room into a cotton-filled mess, it giggles to itself and takes off.”

Good luck to everyone else involved!

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
yes ik I'm a bit late, and Luis basically said everything I was gonna say anyway, but fwiw ...

I'm so glad to see so many new (and old returning) faces this month for the reintroduction of the CaC! Really looking forward to taking a look at the cards you guys bring to the table. :)

Best of luck to you all!

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Necrozma–Psychic–HP 140
Basic Pokémon
necrozma.png

Ability: Reflective Eclipse
If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon when your opponent plays an Item or Supporter card from their hand, you may discard either 3 cards from your hand or 1 of your Benched Pokemon and all cards attached to it and use the effect of that Item or Supporter card as the effect of this Ability.

[P][P][P][P] Prismatic Wormhole 60+
If you have the same amount of Pokémon in play as your opponent, this attack does 50 more damage. If you have the same amount of cards in your hand as your opponent, this attack does 60 more damage. If you have the same amount of cards in your discard pile as your opponent, this attack does 80 more damage.

Weakness: [P] (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C][C]
Scientists have not discovered the true nature of this enigmatic Pokemon. Whether it is an Ultra Beast or not has yet to be decided.
References: Power Spray PLA, Reuniclus FAC, Smeargle CoL, Giratina-EX AOR, Sylveon-GX SM1+

So, when handling the "third" legendary in Sun and Moon, Necrozma, I wanted to make a card that tapped into the prismatic, reflective property that Necrozma has. This is evident in both the ability and attack, which both play off of what your opponent has. This also leads into the bizarre, UB-like clunkiness I also wanted to capture. The card is very powerful, being able to reach up to 250 damage, which can knock out almost everything in the format, however, there are several criteria needed to be reached to achieve that, from the high energy cost to managing the requirements needed to achieve that damage. The attack pairs well with an ability that is equally clunky. The ability allows you to control the criteria for damage, but it has heavy drawbacks. For one, the resources can't be recovered during your opponent's turn and it is as only as good as the card your opponent plays. Overall, this card seems like it could make an impact on the meta with a unique ability, but also be held back by some big downsides it has.

~Quaking

Lunarwork

Just causing a total lunar eclipse....
If image-based cards means using a card generator, I'm in.

Oh, and also-can we use older card formats to create cards?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
If image-based cards means using a card generator, I'm in.

Oh, and also-can we use older card formats to create cards?
Unfortunately we don't allow the use of card generators for the image-based portion of the competition. However, this competition is the perfect time to learn how to make image-based cards using image editing software, such as GIMP (free) or PhotoShop (paid). We've got a ton of resources and guides available to walk you through card creating, and if you come across more specific problems, you can use either that thread or our designated PB Faking Skype Chat to ask the question (send me a PM with your Skype username if you want me to add you to the Skype chat). Let me know if you still want me to sign you up. ^.^

You can also use older card formats to create cards, but be sure to specify that when you post your entry.

Ty Comfy Hat

The Cosmic rage of Astral Dwarfs from Aberdeen.
Oh hi! I signed up just to enter. For Image-Based, anyway. Here it is:
028A- Alolan Sandslash A.png

Basically I cannibalised a Gym-era blank (Credit to Icycatelf) to add elements from the Evolutions set cards, making it a glorious Frankenstein's monster of Classic and pseudo-Classic Pokemon Cards. Why did I go for a classic look instead of something more modern? 'Cos I like the classic look, what's it matter to you?

The art-borders, and other related bits that were originally gold have had a change of hue. This was inspired by how Dark/Light/Shining cards got a suitable change to their gold-bits back in the ol' days. I wanted to give Alolan-form Pokes their own special feel!

I initially really wanted the Icicle Spear attack to have a special effect, but it all ended up looking like too much text for the seemingly little space provided, so it had to go.

I'm not too proud of my drawing skills here, I must say. I'm more of a graphic designer than a proper artist. Oh well, practice is practice.

Good luck, everyone else!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Please.

Code:
Card generators are not that fair on the other image-based competitors, who put a lot more effort into making their own cards using image editing software (which also tend to turn out much nicer), hence why card generators are not allowed. =)

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
My submission will be in two parts if that's fine @bbninjas

It requires the use of a item card to make sense so I'll be turning them all in together.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
My submission will be in two parts if that's fine @bbninjas

It requires the use of a item card to make sense so I'll be turning them all in together.
You can add an Item card along with your entry if you wish, but you will only be judged on the Pokemon entry. So even if the Item is the most creative idea in the competition, you will still not get any points for it. If the specific Item card is what makes your entry original, synergetic or playable, then I suggest you tweak your design slightly so that is no longer the case.

Nyan

She/They
I am very proud of what i'm about to submit :)
Skarmory_CAC.png
Artist is known by their DeviantArt name by Kamoodle. They have give me permission to use this art :)/SPOILER]
One of my wording references was Xerneas-BREAK, other than that everything came naturally.

I hope everyone likes it! Good luck to all :)

Ty Comfy Hat

The Cosmic rage of Astral Dwarfs from Aberdeen.
Code:
[SPOILER="Gigalith-GX"][IMG]I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours-5A00047FF01F[/IMG][/SPOILER]

Are you trying to upload a file by linking it from somewhere else, or are you trying to directly upload it here?

If the former, then you have to paste the URL, rather than the file name.
If the latter, then you should click on the 'upload a file' button below the text box when replying to the thread. Should be next to the submit button.

Also, pro-tip, you can preview what your post will look like in the full reply-to-thread screen (click 'more options', should also be next to the submit button) so you can check to see if everything is fine, and you don't need to keep double-posting when you mess up!