PokéBeach Create-A-Card December 2013! Lemonnade and Zygarde are victorious!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card December 2013!

Here's my entry.

This'll likely be my last contest entry for another couple years so here it goes.

xerneas_legend_by_xous54-d6wh7c2.png

With Geomancy being its signature move, I just had to include it. The artwork was inspired by it, after all. Damage output and Energy cost for Eternal Radiance was ultimately determined by looking at Raikou & Suicune LEGEND's Aurora Gain - there you do 50 damage and heal 50 HP for 1 Water and 2 Colorless with no drawback, so I upped the damage and added some drawback if you want HP back.

On the attack having two effects rather than 1: Since this is a LEGEND card I wanted some lasting power, and I wanted it to be powerful. But with only enough room for two things (attacks, powers, and/or bodies) and by making its power a one-time thing, I had to figure out a way to make the card able to adjust to its current situation with only 1 attack. Originally it was a coin flip to determine the effect of the attack, but I decided that was too risky for the player if he/she needed one effect over the other. Unfortunately doing this sacrifices a lot of card space, but I did it anyway.

Weakness of Metal for obvious reasons, Resistance of Dragon because that should be a staple for Fairy-Types, and Retreat Cost of 1 because if Entei & Raikou LEGEND can retreat for free and Lugia LEGEND retreats for 1, I figured this thing shouldn't be any higher than 1.

From a visual standpoint, I decided to go with water effects because it works so well with the focus on light - allows for some really pretty effects. Plants/leaves would have been another route, but in the end I just liked what I was able to do with the water. Plus the whole water = life aspect.

Original blank by Cascadegonpory; edited using the Fairy texture made by CMP and holosheet by Nekoban Ryo, as well as making a few minor edits (texture, shape) of my own. Credit for the water splash effects goes to eross-666, Moonglowlilly, and starlaa1.

Reggie McGigas said:
DNA said:
Everyone is in as of Lemonnade's post.

That's your entry? That's...kinda weak for an official submission, don't you think? Worse still, if you edit that post to fix it, I would have to dock you for editing...

I accidentally hit post instead of save as draft. I will delete said post and drop out then of text based....which means I'm switching over to image basedjk, I'm only good at text so trying out image would be pointless.

Darn....can't believe I'm done because I hit the wrong fricking button without realizing it. Well, good luck all and good game

At this point, I'm willing to overlook it as long as you make a fresh new post with the entry in it. (Also, I was partly joking when I said that.)
Just as a bit of a note, I have two suggestions for you: first, make sure you hit the right button; and second, there is no such thing as a "basic stage 2".

text based pls k thx

Man, how the heck am I going to decide what Pokemon to use? There's so many freakin' options. It seems like a fitting end to CaC 2013.

HAHAHAHA

I troll the trolliest of trolls, DNA-zama.

Now you have to update it~

Can I post a Evolution Family? i.e. Basic and Stage 1?

In for image, time to prevent a tiebreaker from happening.

Can I post a Evolution Family? i.e. Basic and Stage 1?
Hm, not sure. I'm leaning towards 'no', since it's Create-A-Card, not Cards...even if the whole line has a theme to it (like the Gengar SF line). It'd probably be a bit too complicated to accurately judge, too.

No Rainbow Chandelure this time, even though it would be pretty awesome if it was completed.

[Stage 1] Golurk // HP130 [P]
[Evolves from Golett]
golurk.gif

[Ability] Season's Beatings
If this Pokémon has any [F] Energy attached to it, this Pokemon's attacks do 40 more damage.

[P][C] Mechanical Mayhem 60+
If your Opponent's Active Pokémon is a M Pokémon-EX, this attack does 60 more damage.

Weakness: [P]x2
Resistance:
Retreat [C][C][C]

[This Pokémon was utilized in ancient villages for help with building. It is one of the oldest remaining Pokémon that has not been brought back with the use of fossils.]

A note-

Good luck all and I hope this will be in the top 2. Spent a lot of time on it, and I think it's really creative. With the new XY sets coming soon, a counter to the overkill M Pokemon EX is much needed, and a cool Pokemon like Golurk can do the job! The Ability is gold instead of red on purpose, I think gold would be a much cooler look. Don't dock me points for not having the same color, it's being creative :p. Season's Beatings (lol) can give Golurk some boosted power, and can potentially do 160 do a M Pokemon EX which may seem OP, but this is XY we are talking about. OP is the norm. Anyways, take care and happy hollidays everyone :D

I gues I'll go with just the one card.

Stage 1 - Clawitzer-HP100-Water
Evolves from Clauncher

Clawitzer_(dream_world).png

NO. 693 Howitzer Pokémon HT: 4'03" WT: 77.8 Ibs.​

[Ability] - Mega Launcher
Your Water Pokémon's attacks do 30 more damage to the Active Pokémon (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

[W] [W] - Water Pulse
Discard all Water Energy attached to this Pokémon. This attack does 50 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: Water (×2) Resistance: Steel (-30) Retreat: 1

By expelling water from the nozzle in the back of its claw, it can move at a speed of 60 knots.​
Illus. The Pokémon Company

11.November: Lemonnade, Teal

u maek micri everytim ;-;

Also, I need my name updated in the Hall of Fame.

Lord Fletchling said:
Also, I need my name updated in the Hall of Fame.

The name I put down in the Hall of Fame is the username that person had at the time of receiving the award, to be a little less confusing. Notice how there is a 'Machamp the Champion' in that list as well.

Enter Mora... I think I'll try... image-based...

Still

November: Lemonnade, Teal

;-;

always, always forgotten
Like entry deadlines

Because Xous with his super-human speed and power already posted a fake before I could even start on mine, I've given up on trying to be the first. I guess I'll have to settle for being the best. Oh well.

Here we go:
eAJngQt.png

The inspiration for this card mosty came from PMJ's Parasect story, and not at all from my own similar story. The most obvious result of this is the art, which is simply Parasect hiding in a dark, damp cave, away from the terrors of daylight and friendship.

The Body gave me A LOT of trouble, because I nor anyone I've asked could find anything similar. I guess it really is a novel effect, which should give me the freedom to invent the wording myself. (Ha! Loophole!) Most of it was based on Focus Band (cancelling of the result of an attack) and Gengar (inflicting something on the opponent as the result of an opponent's attack). I've used "become Asleep" based on the old "This Power stops working if X becomes" text. The "instead" at the end was Lord Fletchling's idea, who of course takes full responsibility for it. The concept behind it is quite fun, if Parasect really is a brainless zombie controlled by a parasite, confusion and sleep should not be things to worry it. I also liked the idea of punishing your opponent for inflicting an effect, which I don't think has ever been done before. Effects have been cancelled quite a lot, but never punished.

The attack is also quite novel because it punishes your opponent after the fact. Supporters have been blocked before, but as far as I know they've never been punished. The wording here, while again without precedent, is based on the many cards which revenge a Pokémon KO'd during your opponent's last turn. The concept behind the attack is that Parasect wants to be left alone, and therefore does not take kindly to strangers (which is what Supporter are meant to be) walking around a making a fuss.

Everything else should be standard, I've noticed the e-series Parasect only has a single Retreat Cost, which seemed too low to me, but other than that everything's essentially the same.

The placement of everything should be within the variations of the printing process (which can be quite severe, apparently). I've mostly used Vileplume as a reference for this, as well as of course Parasect. If you do happen to find errors in placement it is therefore you being wrong, not me.

I've again gone with e-series because e-series is best-series and because I now have a bit of experience with them, what with all of the fakes I've ever made prior to this one (total: 1) being e-series as well. I've noticed the TCG has been completely forgetting some of the most awesome bugs, which of course made Parasect an obvious choice. Next up: Venomoth?

in for text
This is my entry:

[Stage 1] Toxicroak// HP 110 [P]
[Evolves from Croagunk]

454.gif

[Ability] Toxic Call
Once during your turn [before you attack] you may search your deck for 2 [P] Pokémon and put them in your hand (shuffle your deck afterwards). If you do, discard an Energy attached to this Pokémon. You may not use an Ability with the same name during your turn.

[P][P][C] Toxic Madness 50+
This attack does 10 more damage for each [P] Pokémon in play (Both yours and your opponent's). Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned. If tails, this Pokémon is now Poisoned.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:[F] -20
Retreat: [C][C]
The croaking that Toxicroak produces before a battle is for churning the poison it has stored in its poison sac.

I'll reserve with a submission from now on. ;o
A fairly unexpected Pokemon for this kind of category I would assume. Will probably be let down most on wording.

Tentacruel HP 90 [P]
Stage 1 Evolves from Tentacool

NO.073 Jellyfish Pokémon HT: 5'03" WT: 121.3 lbs.

[Poké-BODY] Contagious
If Tentacruel is hit with any attack that requires a [C] or [F] Energy then the attacking Pokémon is now Poisoned.

[P][W] Phishing
Flip a coin. If heads, look at the top 5 cards of your opponent's deck and reorganize them in any order you wish. If tails, look at the bottom 5 cards of your opponent's deck and reorganize them in any way you wish.

[P][W][C] Tentacle Jilt 40
Pick one of your opponent's Benched Pokémon and switch it with the Defending Pokémon.

Weakness [P] x2
Resistance
Retreat Cost [C]

Ok, here comes Gallade!!! I hope to do as well as last month!

Stage 2//Gallade//HP140\\
20px-Psychic-attack.png

281.png
Evolves from Kirlia

gallade.gif

Dex Number: 475/Blade Pokémon/Height: 1.6m/Weight: 52.0kg

20px-Psychic-attack.png
20px-Colorless-attack.png
Mental Punch 50

Heal 30 damage from this Pokémon. If this Pokémon has any
20px-Fighting-attack.png
Energy attached to it, heal 20 more damage from this Pokémon.

20px-Psychic-attack.png
20px-Psychic-attack.png
Psychotic Cut

Flip 3 coins. If one of them is heads, this attack does 50 damage. If 2 of them are heads, this attack does 120 damage. If all of them are heads, the defending Pokémon is now Knocked Out. If all of them are tails, this Pokémon is now Knocked Out. This Pokémon can't use Psychotic Cut during your next turn.

Weakness:
20px-Psychic-attack.png
x2

Resistance:

Retreat:

It is a master of courtesy and swordsmanship that is capable of predicting its foe’s moves. It will use its arms like swords in order to protect someone.​

Back