PokéBeach Create-a-Card Competition #2! Congrats dolphinluv2010 and Weihnachtsmann!

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
cacbanner2.png

After the popularity of the last Create-a-Card Contest (and after multiple requests!), it's that time again: round two of the PokéBeach CaC!

As seems to be the trend amongst contests lately, this week's theme is Winter! While Water/Ice-types may be obvious choices, there aren't too many limitations -- have fun with the theme!

I'm aware that some of you may not have the means to get Photoshop or other graphic editing programs such as GIMP. For that reason, this competition will have two separate categories: text-based and image-based. Each category will be judged, obviously, on different factors.

You may enter up to one (1) entry in both categories, for a total of two (2) combined submissions. You can certainly enter just one or the other, though! If you choose to do so, the total number of entries you can submit is still just one (1) for that specific category. In addition, you may not enter the same card in both categories.

Here's the point breakdown...

--------
Text-Based
--------
  1. Creativity/Originality
    We're all tired of effect-less attacks. Without images, part of the intrigue with text-based fakes is the creativity of Power/Body/Ability/attack effects. Let's see something cool!
    Total: 20 points
    ---
  2. Wording
    Proper wording is also key in designing any fake card. Try to ensure wording is correct for the era of blank you choose; from Classic and Neo to EX, DP, and BW, wording has changed a lot, so be careful! Spelling is also taken into consideration.
    Total: 15 points
    ---
  3. Believability/Playability
    Text-based fakes rely heavily on their believability. Think of your entries as if they were real cards. Try to avoid those 400 HP monsters which do 200 damage for [R]! Proper type (unless Delta-species), Pokédex information, and ballpark HP will be taken into consideration.

--------
Image-Based
--------
  1. Creativity/Originality
    This should be a given. With the proper tools, let your imagination run wild! This can involve new gameplay mechanics, blanks, etc.
    Total: 20 points
    ---
  2. Wording
    Proper wording is also key in designing any fake card. Try to ensure wording is correct for the era of blank you choose; from Classic and Neo to EX, DP, and BW, wording has changed a lot, so be careful! Spelling is also taken into consideration.
    ---
  3. Fonts and Placement
    Correct fonts are imperative when creating realistic fakes. Placement isn't quite as important, so long as the fonts/symbols/etc. are in the correct general area.
    Total: 10 points
    ---
  4. Believability/Playability
    Because this division of the contest is so image-heavy, the believability and playability takes a backseat here. However, it's still worth a portion of the total points, so try to keep it in the realm of believable! Proper type (unless Delta-species), Pokédex information, and ballpark HP will be taken into consideration.
    Total: 5 points

There you have it. Point breakdown is a little different in text-based versus image-based fakes, simply because there is such a visual shift in image-based fakes. As with any fake card, please be sure that when using others' artwork, you have explicit permission to use it (as per forum rules). Special thanks to [member]Peachy[/member] who will be helping judge this contest!

Try and have fun with this contest. Show off the talent that we have here at the 'Beach!

Deadline: Wednesday, December 21st

--------
Anticipated Participants
--------
  1. [*]squirtli (both)
    [*]Cris (image-based)
    [*]Charganium (image-based)
    [*]PMJ (both)
    [*]Fraxureking (text-based)
    [*]Xdog (text-based)
    [*]JuStuPro (both)
    [*]47bennyg (both)
    [*]YakobTheRed (both)
    [*]RayquazaMaster (image-based)
    [*]EricDLee (image-based)
    [*]Delta Nite (image-based)
    [*]Rybekk (both)
    [*]Yakkov (image-based)
    [*]dolphinluv2010 (image-based)
    [*]Chillarmy (text-based)
    [*]Spammy (image-based)
    [*]umbeosion (text-based)
    [*]Jade (text-based)
    [*]Roderick (image-based)

Good luck to all!

RE: PokéBeach Create-a-Card Competition #2!

Hmm... Put me down as an anticipated participant, CMP. I'll try to have a card up soon. It might take me a little while to decide what to do, though xD

Good luck all, I won't be going for this one this time, but can't wait to see what you come up with! :D

I think I'll also being joining this competition. Put me down for image based, please.

Joining both.

Here's my entry for Image-Based. I'll get a Text-Based one up later, since I'm really tired right now -_-

ex__cd_25___froslass_by_honouguma-d4iaoqz.png

I know that it's not that original or anything, but I'm more trying to stick with the realism on this one. Since it's an image-based, and I don't have that much time, I thought I'd go ahead and get a card from my set knocked out, so here's Froslass. Fitting enough for winter, eh? My text-based entry will be more creative, I promise ;3

Oh yeah, and if you're really creative, you can think of this guy as the Ghost of Christmas Past or something xD

Reserved for my entry in text-based... (Don't have an image editor :() Gotta get to school!
EDIT: Okay, I'm back. Here's my entry!
Delibird Hp80 {W}
No.225 Delivery Pokémon Ht.2'11″ Wt.35.3lbs

Ability: Hidden Surprise
Once per turn, (Before you attack) you may flip a coin. If it is heads, you and your opponent draw a card. If it is tails, put a damage counter on Delibird and the Defending pokémon.

Attack one: {C} Present
Flip a coin. If it is heads, draw a card. If it is tails, put two damage counters on the Defending pokémon.

Flavour text: Delibird is a red penguin-like Pokémon with a sack-like tail. It has a patch of fluffy feathers on its chest that resembles a beard, and crests on its head.

Weakness: {R} x2
Resistance:{C}-20
Retreat cost:{C}

If there's anything I've forgotten, let me know!

I think i will join for oth categories...

@Frax, bung your entry into a spoiler or quote tag. Makes it easier for Peachy and CMP to see it to judge (when the time comes.) :)

Ursaring - HP130 - [C]
Stage 1 - Evolves from Teddiursa

[C][C][C] Protect Young - 30+
Does 30 damage plus 10 damage for each Teddiursa on your bench that has damage counters on it.

[C][C][C][C] Hibernate
Flip 2 coins. For each heads, remove 6 damage counters from this Pokémon. This Pokémon is now asleep.

Weakness: [F]x2 Resistance: n/a Retreat Cost: [C][C]

With its ability to distinguish any aroma, it unfailingly finds all food buried deep underground.

For a winter theme, you can't go wrong with the Hibernator Pokemon!

I'll enter image based. Though I very highly doubt I'll win.
We can use cards we've already made, correct?

Here's my text-based.

Delibird 70 HP {W}
Basic Pokémon

{C}{C} Present
Flip 4 coins. For each heads, draw a card. For each tails, your opponent may draw a card.

{W}{C} Naughty or Nice? 20
If the Defending Pokémon tries to attack during your opponent's next turn, your opponent flips a coin. If heads, your opponent may draw a card. If tails, put 1 damage counter on each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: {R}
Resistance: {F}
Retreat Cost: {C}{C}

I might have time to enter. Probably image-based.

Back