• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

PokéBeach Community Decklist #9: Rayquaza/Eelektrik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flygon2071 said:
-1 Switch (you won't need them much even for the catcher eels the retreat cost is just 1)

+1 Raikou (You need more than 1)

Are you joking? Skyarrow is around since February and you still don't know it affects only BASIC Pokemons

-1 Ray EX (You never need three and if you do you're doomed anyway)
+1 Raikou EX: too good against meta
-1 Bianca
-1 Ultra Ball (four of both of these is overkill)
+2 Random Receiver (need more than 12 draw and like I said four Biancas are overkill, you mostly will want something else w/RR

-1 bianca (2 is enough imo)
+1 fliptini (fun tech, stall with paralyzing attacks from tynamo/raikou)

JayKam said:

Aren't we trying to make a good deck. We don't need more luck involved. I think
+1 Bianca
-1 fliptini

-1 Bianca (I think 12 supporters is ok)
-1 Lightning (Don't know what else to take out)

+2 Switch (4 switches are needed in any Eelektrik decks)

Coutihno said:
-1 Bianca (I think 12 supporters is ok)
-1 Lightning (Don't know what else to take out)

+2 Switch (4 switches are needed in any Eelektrik decks)

-1 {R}
+1 {L}

You will only ever need four and they're recoverable via Super Rod, so at least take out one of those instead.

RogueChomp said:
JayKam said:

Aren't we trying to make a good deck. We don't need more luck involved. I think
+1 Bianca
-1 fliptini

fliptini is to increase your chance at paralyzing, which imo benefits this deck in setting-up by stalling you opponent.

IMO its just another late game target to easily KO. Its a Night Spear Target and only benefits 2 attacks, which you shouldn't be using because the deck should set up pretty fast.

RogueChomp said:
IMO its just another late game target to easily KO. Its a Night Spear Target and only benefits 2 attacks, which you shouldn't be using because the deck should set up pretty fast.

Eelektrik is a much better Night Spear target. And stalling via Thunder Wave or Thunder Fang can win you games vs. Darkrai decks. The primary way for most decks to beat RayEels is to be faster than them and take out the Eels, that's a little hard when you can't do anything for 1-3 turns while they set up completely.

2 Raikou is needed to make this deck awesome while fliptini is not needed in my opinion if it only benefits you 2 attacks which you shouldn't use.

-1 Fliptini

+1 Raikou EX

I rarely make these kinds of posts in this thread but I'm going to do it this time.

+1 Fliptini
-1 Raikou EX

Fliptini may seem like a small and useless addition to the deck on the outside. I'll admit I thought it was to any Eel deck weeks ago. But this has now been included in _two_ winning Regionals decks. Yep, not one but two. It can't be a fluke. It can help you set up a little and even one turn in this format can totally swing momentum, even if you only use it one out of ten games and win you one you shouldn't have where your setup was a little slow. The attack could actually be used in certain situations as well. I think it's a solid addition to the deck.

dmaster out.

-1 Skyarrow Bridge
+1 Pokemon Center

Yeah, I know, it sounds gimmicky, and it kind of is. But it's really good against Darkrais trying to take multiple prizes against your bench sitters (eels, victini, tynamo, etc.). The thing about this deck is if the opponent can take out the eels, Rayquaza EX is pretty much useless. You need a way to prevent them from destroying your eels. I know we have max potion, but I'd rather use that on some of your EX's that have taken a beating. Pokemon Center is also way more unexpected.

-1 Pokemon Center
+1 Skyarrow Bridge

Other decks can use Pokemon Center. Ray can't. It needs Skyarrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back