• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Poison Frogs (Seismitoad / Dragalge / Dusknoir)

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 16

• 4 Seismitoad EX
    2-2 Dragalge
    2-2 Dusknoir
    2 Reshiram
    1 Toxicroak EX
    1 Jirachi EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33

• 1 Sacred Ash
    3 Virbank City Gym
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    2 Rare Candy
    3 Ultra Ball
    1 Startling Megaphone
    2 Switch
    1 Computer Search
    2 VS Seeker
    3 Bicycle
    1 Blacksmith
    3 N
    3 Sycamore
    2 Lysandre
    1 Colress
    1 Skyla
Energy: 11

• 7 Fire Energy
    4 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy:
This deck revolves around poison lock. Seismitoad is the best candidate for an attacker to pair with Dragalge (sorry toxicroak), preventing Garbodors and Keldeos from attaching float stones (to negate abilities and poison respectively) whilst also preventing item cards such as switch and escape rope. With a support/non-attacking pokemon stuck in the active spot, I can channel damage away from them with a dusknoir, providing a pretty scary poison lock which can quite easily cause my opponent to be trapped and lose if the right conditions are met.
Obviously theres a huge problem standing in the way (as always) called Virizion EX. To help beat this problem I have 2 Reshirams in the deck along with a sacred ash to take an emerald slash and hit back hard with outrage. Another problem is steel shelter, and Reshiram also hits steel pokemon for 2x damage. Besides those important counters, he can act as my source of big damage if necessary and use Blue Flare, which will ko pokemon EX coming back into my turn (120 + 30 + 30 = 180). I also have a blacksmith to give reshiram a boost since it is my main offensive nuke.

I have a couple of ways of inducing poison. The preferred way is Hypnotoxic Laser- it lets me attack with Seismitoad at the same time, and the dual hinderance of sleep + quaking punch can give me an advantage to set up my stage 1s and 2s. But I also put in 1 Toxicroak EX, who can apply a heavy 5-counter poison with virbank. I could see this sometimes being helpful because it means I can apply it as many times as I like as well as being able to deal a lot more damage for spreading with dusknoir. Its mainly for if I run out of lasers though, although knowing my endgame strategy I try not to burn through lasers every turn and at least save one for a game-winning poison lock.

The last 2 pokemon are Jirachi and Dusknoir. Jirachi is helpful since I have reliance on supporters- getting blacksmith at the right time or skyla will be helpful. Dusknoir doesnt need to come into play quickly, but once it does then it can mean the end of the game. Luckily seismitoad and hypnolaser means the opponent's setup is vastly slowed, and dusknoir actually has a chance to get into play. I have 3 bicycle here to help speed myself up too. The supporter line is pretty self explanatory and although might seem a bit short to begin with, factoring in the need to occasionally use blacksmith I think it should be ok. I have 3 bikes to try and compensate for blacksmith usage too, as well as 2 VS Seeker to make up for low counts of N. With Jirachi + 3 Ultra Ball + Computer Search + 3 Bicycle I have 17 cards that can bring about draw power.

I played this deck a couple of times. When it achieved the lock it was game over without a Virizion. It can take a while to get there but Seismitoad + Lasers is a decent attack strategy by itself and you will be putting pressure on the opponent even when you havent got the lock yet. Donphan is a quite scary deck since it doesnt have any "support pokemon" since they can all attack you.. but that gets counteracted by donphans weakness to seismitoad and your early advantage i think. I had 3 seismitoad and 3 reshiram before, but i think i should max my opportunities to start with a seismitoad which is why I changed it to 4 seismitoad and 2 reshiram. Tell me what you think!

RE: Poison Frogs (Seismitoad/Dragalge/Dusknoir)

I would
-1 Toxicroak EX

+1 Dusclops (to get Dusknoir out under item lock)

I was also thinking of making this deck

Yeah I'm gonna agree with Gengar Master. If you face a deck with a similar plan as yours that runs Seismitoad or Trevenant and you don't already have the Dusknoir out, you are just going to be stuck with an easy prize card for the opponent with just one lysandre. Also because of the popularity of stadiums in popular decks now I probably would suggest adding a fourth Virbank or a Dowsing MCHN.

Back