Writing PMD: Explorers of Time - PokéBeach Edition! Final Chapter! Help Me Decide The Next One!

Eat Gummis! They're good for you! That's the best way to raise IQ. There are a few other items that can do that, but they are extremely rare compared to Gummis, which can be found in pretty much every dungeon.

I've eaten quite a few gummies. I give them all to Athena, except for the Blue ones which go to Keeper (him being a Water type and all). I've only gotten a single Red gummi all game, though, so maybe that's partially impacting it.

Regarding Chapter 16...

s-senpai noticed me!

That was such a funny chapter to read. I haven't read any other Chapters other than 16 (light linked it to me because we appeared in it) but I really want to now.

Also I applaud any and all written works that needlessly poke fun at Keeper.

Your luck ran out after you piloted the murders in Convicted 2 :U
I'd say his luck 'twisted' :V

More on-topic, I can't wait for the final stages of the game! I haven't played it in a long time and would love to remember the ending with Keeper's hopelessliness Athena's humor! :D

Also I applaud any and all written works that needlessly poke fun at Keeper.

I do that a lot; it's fun.

I dunno, I kinda feel like, for this story in particular, some chapters are much funnier than others, mostly because I don't know the material super well so sometimes I have to play things straight to make sure I'm not accidentally messing something up that will bite my in the future, but overall it's probably pretty good. At least if you have a weird sense of humour like mine.

Chapter 18: Everyone is friends!

I was still snoozing when TGK woke up in the middle of the night...

<TGK> Dammit, can't sleep again. I knew I shouldn't have had coffee before bed.
<TGK> *sigh*
<TGK> Oh, wait, I have friends now; I don't have to talk to myself anymore!
<TGK> Hmmm, Athena's still asleep, but it looks like Keeper is awake somewhere. Maybe I can go talk to him.​

TGK looked around for Keeper for a bit, but the room in the Sharpedo's mouth had very few hiding places, so after checking under the rug and behind the chair, TGK went back up the ladder and found Keeper up on the cliff looking out at the sea.

<TGK> You're up, too? Coffee, amirite?
<Keeper> Just thinking...
<TGK> Yeah, I guess we've had a lot of plot to take in lately. Heavy stuff.
<Keeper> I'm really glad we're back in the past again, too. I mean, that future world was super creepy. It really makes me appreciate the little things in life, like sun, and wind, and not running for my life.
<TGK> Yeah, normal life in a non-paralyzed world is pretty sweet. It makes fighting against an insane legendary Pokémon and his super powerful hireling worthwhile.
<Keeper> Yeah, totally.
<TGK> You know, you're pretty brave. Hell, even I was ready to give up when Primal. CJ showed himself.
<Keeper> I never used to be brave, but ever since Athena showed up and helped me recover my precious treasure rock, I've been getting better about it.
<TGK> Precious treasure rock?
<Keeper> Yeah, you wanna see it? *whips it out*
<TGK> Ooooh, shiny. And totally not plot relevant at all, so let's just put it away for now.
<Keeper> So, yeah, Athena's pretty cool. She's helped me out a lot.
<TGK> Yeah, she's pretty special alright.
<Keeper> This isn't going to turn into some kind of awkward love triangle or anything, is it?
<TGK> God, I hope not. Anyway, I guess we better go wake her butt up and get started on stuff.​

And so TGK and Keeper came back down and woke up up so I could narrate properly.

<TGK> Alright, so, Time Gears, and stealing them. We need to start somewhere... so what about Treeshroud Forest? That's where I started before.
<Athena> Oooh, sounds like a new dungeon.
<TGK> It's all the way in the fear northeast, but there's no one protecting it.
<Keeper> So, easy mode. Probably a good place to start. Let's go!​

And so Keeper, TGK, and I all headed off to Treeshroud Forest. Despite it being on the complete opposite side of the region, it took us literally no time at all to get there.

<TGK> Huh, feels kind of different here.
<Keeper> Is that meaningful?
<TGK> Probably not... I must be imagining things.
<Athena> What, are you crazy?! Unexplained feelings randomly mentioned in video games is such a standard form of foreshadowing that it's practically a trope. Everyone expect the worst.
<Keeper> Okay, got it!​

We took some time to use the magic statue then began our descent into the forest. It was definitely the longest dungeon we've had without a break and my PP was sorely hurting by the time we finally made our way to the deepest part of the dungeon where the Time Gear was. Except...

<TGK> Well, this is awkward. Looks like time has stopped here.
<Athena> I guess that explains your weird feeling from earlier.
<Keeper> I thought Cinesra and PG24 and OA were going to put the Time Gears back in their places, though?
<TGK> Welp, only one way to find out.​

We pushed through further towards the very back corner where the Time Gear is supposed to be stowed.

<TGK> Yep, there she is. One Time Gear.
<Keeper> But time is still stopped! I mean, look, there's a piece of dew floating in one place over here. Why is that still happening if the Time Gear is back where it should be?
<TGK> Dunno. *shrugs* But that's not really that important now, is it? After all, what we came for is still here. *yoinks the Time Gear* I'm still really worried about something, but I'm going to be enigmatic and not tell you about it. Let's go.
<Athena> Fine by me, I guess.
<TGK> But Keeper, there's something I'd like to ask you.
<Keeper> Oh?
<TGK> Could you do a little info gathering for me? In Treasure Town? Just to find out what people are talking about and what's going on.
<Keeper> Okay, sure.
<TGK> Just... try not to be too obvious and dumb, alright? After all, everyone still thinks you're in the future.
<Keeper> I'll do my best!​

While TGK and I teleported back to our temporary base in the Sharpedo cliff, Keeper went to town to exchange some gossip. Because TGK and I didn't have anything plot-relevant to talk about, we just sat around and did nothing until Keeper came back.

<Keeper> Heyguys, I'm back!
<TGK> Alright, so, what's the shakes?
<Keeper> Well, Cinesra and the others puts the Time Gears back in place, but time remained frozen in those places.
<Athena> So, basically just like we expected.
<Keeper> Except... it seems to be getting worse.
<Athena> Worse?
<Keeper> It's like it's... spreading. Time is stopping in more and more places. And no one knows what's going on or how to stop it.
<TGK> Well, ^&*#. The Temporal Tower must be starting to collapse. The paralysis must be coming soon.
<Keeper> I guess we need to hurry, then!
<TGK> Yeah, get the Time Gears and take them to the Tower, but...
<Athena> But....?
<TGK> Well, you see, the Temporal Tower is located in a place called the Hidden Land.
<Athena> Let me guess... it's hard to find?
<TGK> In fact, no one knows where it is at all.
<Keeper> Oh geez, this is awful. How are we going to find the Hidden Land and collect the Time Gears?
<TGK> We should split up. I'll grab the rest of the Time Gears and you guys can search for the Hidden Land.
<Athena> Alright, that's cool. Any suggestions where to start?
<TGK> Well... the Hidden Land is supposedly somewhere in this world.
<Athena> .... super useful.
<TGK> For all we know, it could be across the sea. So, maybe you should prepare for that.
<Athena> That non sequitur seems like a foreshadowed hint. *sigh*
<TGK> Anyway, I'm going now. Good luck! *flees*
<Keeper> Alright, so, how to cross the sea.... well, we're right at the beach, so let's go check it out!
<Athena> I don't have any better plans.​

Keeper and I left the bluff and headed down towards the beach where we first met and stared off into the water in silence.

<Keeper> ... ... ...
<Athena> ... ... ...
<Keeper> ... ... ...
<Athena> ... ... ...
<Keeper> ... ... ...
<Athena> ... ... ...
<Keeper> ... ... ...
<Athena> ... ... ...?
<Keeper> I was hoping at idea would come to me, but I'm clueless.
<Athena> Dude, you're a Water-type. Surely you can come up with something.
<Keeper> Nope, nothing.
<Athena> *sigh* Well, I was hopign it wouldn't come to this, but....
<Keeper> But....?
<Athena> We should go back to the Guild.
<Keeper> Wait, what?!
<Athena> Explain everything and get their help. They're all master explorers, right? If we all work together, that will be our best chance at discovering this Hidden Land.
<Keeper> Explain everything? Oh boy. Do you think they'd even believe us?
<Athena> I have no idea, but we need to try. That's our only shot. And we've got a lot of evidence on our side, too.
<Keeper> Alright, let's go!​

As the sun began to set, Keeper and I made our way back to the entrance of the guild. The door was locked, so Keeper volunteered to stand over the grate to announce our arrival.

<peer> Pokémon detected! It's..... ohshi- It's Keeper! :O
<Everyone> Wait, what?!
<peer> *pops up* And Athena, too!​

Within moment, the gate of the guild was opening and all of our old guildmates were rushing up to see us!

<Luis> It's true! They're alive!
<Teal> Ohmygosh!
<Zyflair> We were so worried! ;~;
<Keeper> Hey everyone!
<IA> Welcome home! ^_^​

And so we all went inside together and everyone gathered around while we told our story. The whole thing.

<Tails> Wait, let me get this straight....
<Athena> Nope, stop right there. No long-winded summaries allowed.
<Tails> In that case, I'll just give you my forthright opinion: you're both crazy! I dunno if this was a bad dream or you smoked some weird gummies or what, but no way can this story be true.
<Keeper> Are you calling us liars?
<Tails> No, I'm saying you're mistaken and exhausted. You should probably get some rest. I've been the Head of Intelligence of this guild for years and I've never even heard of this so-called "hidden land".
<Athena> No, it's Hidden Land, with caps.
<Tails> It doesn't deserve caps because it's a fake! Besides, the wise and wonderful and great TT would never do the evil things you're accusing him off.
<Keeper> I know it's hard to believe, but--
<Tails> No buts! It's not hard to believe; it's IMPOSSIBLE to believe! Because it's unbelievable! Don't you all feel the same?
<SR> Yeah... I guess I can't really believe it either.
<Tails> See? They all agree with me!
<Teal> But...
<Tails> What did I say about buts!
<Teal> When TT grabbed Athena and Keeper and took them into the dimensional portal thingy.... I mean, that was weird, right?
<Tails> Nothing weird about it! Keeper and Athena just fell in by accident is all.
<WPM> NO WAY! HE YANKED THEM IN, I SAW IT.
<Luis> Yeah, WPM's right. We were all right there and saw it ourselves.
<Zyflair> Yeah, it was really weird and we all wondered why it happened.
<MtC> And if they're telling the truth... that would explain the whole thing!
<Tails> Oh, so now you're actually believing this crazy story of theirs?!
<Zyflair> Well, uh, I do.
<Tails> You think the great and handsome TT is a villain?!
<Zyflair> Well, it's weird to think about... but Keeper and Athena are more important to me than he was, so, yeah, I believe them.
<Luis> I believe them too!
<Teal> And me!
<WPM> AND ME!
<peer> Me too!
<MtC> Don't forget me!
<SR> Yeah, I've changed my mind, too. I believe them.
<Tails> Ack!
<Keeper> Awww... you guys are the best... thank you.... ;~;
<IA> Sounds like we all agree then! ^_^
<Everyone> :O!
<IA> So, let's all start the hunt for this Hidden Land!
<WPM> WELL, NOT EVERYONE AGREES YET.... *glares at Tails*
<IA> Oh, is that all? You don't need to worry about him. You're convinced, aren't you Tails?
<Everyone> Huh? o_o;
<IA> You believed the story all along, didn't you?
<Tails> *heehee* Yes, I did. But, if I had said that right away, everyone would have just gone along with what I said instead of thinkign for themselves. I wanted to put your friendship to the test!
<Zyflair> ... right. >_>
<Tails> But I had faith that everyone would believe them after they thought about it.
<Teal> ... sure. <_<
<IA> Now, everyone listen! Because of the time problems, we need to work quickly. In the name of Wigglytuff's Guild, we must combine our efforts to discover the Hidden Land!
<Everyone> Yay! :D
<Tails> Everyone, let's all work hard!
<Zyflair> I'll start spreading the true story around town.
<peer> I'll come with you!
<Teal> We need to make sure Cinesra, PG24, and OA know, too.
<Luis> I'll go warn them so they don't stop TGK!
<Tails> Alright, everyone else can work on figuring out where the Hidden Land is.
<WPM> YEAH!
<IA> We'll find this Hidden Land together! Yoom... TAH!
<IA> I don't know anything about it myself... but maybe the town elder, Rusty Sticks, will know something.
<Athena> Ohhey, we met him at the hot springs.
<Tails> Yeah, he always hangs out there.
<Keeper> Alright, we'll go talk to him.
<MtC> But first.... let's have dinner! We can all have a warm meal and a good night's rest and start off with our plans in the morning.
<Everyone> Yay! :D​

Team Awesome:
Athena:
Lv. 42 Charmander (Ember, Smokescreen, Scratch, Flamethrower)
Keeper: Lv. 43 Totodile (Ice Fang, Scratch, Aqua Tail, Bite)

Available Teammates: Sandslash (24), Oddish (11), Paras (13), Psyduck (10), Poliwag (9), Machop (6), Geodude (7), Doduo (10), Krabby (12), Spinarak (10), Mareep (21), Hoppip (13), Wooper (11), Phanpy (20), Larvitar (23), Zigzagoon (15), Lotad (11), Nincada (24), Ninjask (27), Mawile (25), Seviper (36), Barboach (1), Shinx (18), Budew (12), Cranidos (26), Shieldon (27), Gastrodon (East Sea) (13), Hippopotas (27), Skorupi (25), Carnivine (24)

Player Notes:

Another restart, this time for hilarity. I accidentally "stole" something from a Kecleon shop (hoping to sell stuff to him without having to re-buy other stuff and it didn't work), only for him to lay the smackdown on me instead of letting me put the item back without paying. I got a nice good laugh at that before restarting; stupid godly Kecleon.

The Treeshroud Forest music reminded me a lot of one of the songs from Sailor Moon: Another Story, so that was kind of weird.

Man, that was a super long dungeon. And made double long by the fact that my death was around ~L13 or so, so I had a lot to redo. Oh well, it wasn't too hard to get through, at least, just long. Otherwise, mostly just a lot of rock. I'd almost forgotten about Keeper's "totally not plot relevant precious treasure rock", so it was nice of them to toss it back into the story for a bit again just to make sure it stays on our minds. Had a feeling we'd be getting back to the guild at some point, so that was nice too. Back to normal, almost.

Levels and moves accurate, but not teammates. I didn't know if there would be more plot after we walk out of our bedroom in the morning so I figured I'd just leave updating that until tomorrow.

Last edited:
Tails will probably be the final boss.

Also, thanks for the weird level catch. I haven't touched that section in ages so it's probably in a bunch of the chapters but I fixed it for this one so it shouldn't be there in the future. :p

<Keeper> ... ... ...
<Athena> ... ... ...?
<Keeper> I was hoping at idea would come to me, but I'm clueless.
<Athena> Dude, you're a Water-type. Surely you can come up with something.
<Keeper> Well, I HAD an idea, but then there was this shiny thing up there, see it? And I got distracted.
<Keeper> ... ... ...
<Athena> ... ... ...
<Keeper> ...Hey look! Shiny.
<Athena> -_-
Fixed for accuracy.

The Hidden Land and the Tower after it are my two least favorite dungeons ever. Hidden Land for having so many different types, and the Tower for stupid Discharge Porygon. Even neutral typing doesn't help when they spam. Also, monster houses galore. *shudder* Good luck.

It's not, really. There's actually an in-game counter for your successful Kecleon robberies. However, the only way to do it is search for the stairs. Preferably, find them beforehand, then go back to the Kecleon room, steal its stuff, beat up any Kecleon that appear afterwards and change floor. It's probably impossible in this level though, with the damage the Kecleon deal.

I figured the battle would be either difficult or impossible when he 2HKOed Keeper and everyone's attacks were only doing 1 damage to him, and I just restarted right then. Figured it wouldn't be worth it even if it were possible.

Chapter 19: ITC: PMJ thinks Keeper is cool

It almost felt normal again, meal of apples at the table, followed by sleeping in a hay bed in my old room with Keeper at the guild. We were woken up by WPM as usual and made our way out for the morning meeting. Everyone got a refresher on their tasks and then split up. As we decided yesterday, Keeper and I were planning on making our way to the hot springs, but we stopped in town first to sell a bunch of items and organize our inventory.

We didn't actually know how to get directly to the hot springs for some reason, so we had to go back through the low-leveled dungeon of Waterfall Cave. None of the enemies could hardly even damage us, so we went through fairly quickly, eventually making our way to the hot springs and our target, Rusty Sticks the Torkoal.

<Rusty> Hey guys, 'sup?
<Keeper> Not much, we just wanted to ask you a--
<Rusty> What's that you say? You come seeking wisdom? Come, sit down, and I shall answer all of your questions in the form of a long-winded, rambling story.
<Athena> >_> *sits*
<Keeper> <_< *sits*
<Athena> So, we were wondering if you've heard anything about a place called the Hidden Land?
<Rusty> The Hidden Land, you say? Ohboy, that takes me back. An old, old legend based down via oral tradition since my granddaddy couldn't figure out how to write with a pen using these stumpy legs.
<Keeper> Can we hear it? :D
<Rusty> Oh, I'd tell it to you whether you wanted to hear it or not. Let's see now.... *ahem* Once upon a time it was a dark and-- no, no, that's not the right one. Oh, yes! Long ago, the Hidden Land is a wondrous place that lies beyond the sea.
<Athena> *sigh* I knew TGK's off-hand suggestion was going to be some kind of lazy foreshadowing...
<Rusty> But it's in a hidden place, you see! That's why it's called the "Hidden Land". In order to actually find it, you must be "chosen" and in order to be "chosen" you must possess "certain" "qualities"... something about having "proof".
<Athena> That's a lot of air quotes. >_>
<Keeper> What kind of proof?
<Rusty> *shrugs* Sorry, I got no idea, kid. I'm just an old Pokémon NPC whose only purpose is to give out vague hints. If you want real information, go to GameFAQs or something.
<Keeper> Fair enough. Any other hints for us?
<Rusty> Nope, that's all. The hint barrel has run dry.
<Keeper> Alright, well, let's get back to the guild.​

We actually soaked in the springs for a bit longer and then finally headed back to report to the others.

<Tails> So, old Rusty was useless, eh?
<IA> Not entirely. At least we know we need.... some kind of proof.
<Tails> Anything else useful learned?
<Everyone> ... ... ...
<MtC> In that case, it's time for dinner!​

After dinner and bed, we started the next morning hoping that some new plot thing would happen because we had run out of ideas. Thankfully, peer obliged.

<peer> Pokémon detected! It's.... it's Rusty!
<Keeper> Man, he actually came out of the springs?
<Athena> Must have found an extra clue hiding in the bottom of the hint barrel after all.
<Rusty> I did indeed come to share another hint with you! It's not really that big or important, though.
<Athena> Well, rules of video game plot state that it must be important or this whole scene wouldn't be happening, so go ahead and spill.
<IA> Yes, please share! ^_^
<Rusty> You see... the "proof" that you need to have is an inscription of a certain pattern.
<Luis> What kind of pattern?
<Rusty> A bizarre, complicated pattern that doesn't actually mean anything by itself but is integral to the plot regardless. Anyone have any plot-related things that haven't been fully explained yet, especially ones with goofy-looking patterns on 'em?
<Athena> Keeper's rock!
<Keeper> You mean my precious treasure? What makes you think that's plot-relevant?
<Athena> Of course it's plot-relevant, silly. Show it to Rusty.
<Rusty> By golly, that sure is it alright.
<Teal> So, does that mean Keeper can go to this Hidden Land then?
<Rusty> Maybe? I dunno, this was my last hint. You guys will have to figure out the rest on your own.
<IA> This has been very helpful for our search, thank you! ^_^ In fact, this symbol looks familiar to me. Don't you think so too, Tails?
<Tails> Yep. Brine Cave, by the sea inlet to the northwest. There was that vicious bandit there. *sigh*
<IA> I still think we should go there, though. We'll be okay together. ^_^
<Everyone> Yay, new dungeon! :D
<IA> Everyone go get ready and then we'll head out together tomorrow! ^_^
<Everyone> Hurray! :D
<IA> Except you, Tails. You get to stay behind and watch the guild.
<Tails> Awwww.... ._.; But I want to go!
<IA> *sigh* Fine, you can go. But you have to stick with the main characters to make sure nothing happens to you, alright?
<Tails> Fine. >.>
<IA> Now, I must go do preparation of my own! *flees*
<Tails> Alright, I guess we're stuck together tomorrow. So go prepare well! Make sure to bring plenty of Reviver Seeds in case I get in trouble.
<Athena> *sigh* Stupid NPCs...​

Meanwhile, outside....

<Rusty> Oh, these young whippersnappers remind me of the days of my youth... if only I were young and strong enough to go with the guild on their adventure to the Hidden Land...
<???> Hold it, old man!
<Rusty> Oh, who's this?
<Vom> *enters with Celever and bbninjas* Team Skull of course! Surely you didn't think we were out of the story for good.
<Rusty> *sigh* What do you want?
<Celever> We overheard you talking about the guild!
<bbninjas> They're planning another expedition to a cool place, aren't they?
<Rusty> I was just--
<Vom> Let's take you someplace and have a little chat...​

Keeper and I went to town for our inventory sorting and then decided to go back to Keeper's old place and see if TGK was around. He wasn't, but he had left us a note, explaining that he 3 of the Time Gears and was cooperating with the guardians. He had found out from them that we were working with the guild now, too, but planned on staying away in case TT showed up. And, finally, he named both the Bluff and the Beach as potential contact points. So, we went down to check out the beach, too, just in case, but...

<Keeper> Nope, no sign of him anywhere. Must still be out gathering one of the remaining Time Gears. But, being on this beach again... I remember...​

I tuned out as Keeper reminisced about the past a bit. I understand that it means a lot to him, but I get tired of hearing the story of our meeting over, and over, and over, and over. Mostly, I just nodded and made a couple acknowledging noises here and then to let him know I was still paying attention.

<Keeper> ... at's that?
<Athena> Oh, yes, of course, Keeper. *yawn*
<Keeper> No, seriously, what is that?
<Athena> *blink* Huh?
<Keeper> Out in the ocean there!
<Athena> It looks like a Lapras to me.
<Keeper> Huh, weird. I haven't seen any of them around here. Oh well, it probably doesn't mean anything. Let's get back to the guild.
<Athena> I have a feeling it'll be plot important, but oh well, it can wait for morning.​

After we left, a few Pokémon remained lurking on the beach....

<Vom> Man, I thought Keeper was never going to shut up. My neck is stiff from hiding behind those rocks.
<bbninjas> Still we got some good intel.
<Celeber> Heh, yeah. Never imagined that rock we had stolen before would end up being so important!
<Vom> Well, we'll steal it back and loot the Hidden Land for ourselves, no worries.​

After everyone else had eaten dinner and was in bed, a mysterious meeting took place on a rocky coast, proving that the Lapras would, indeed, be plot relevant...

<IA> Hey, PMJ, 'sup? Haven't seen you swimming in these parts in quite some time.
<PMJ> Looking good, man. Tails doing well? And the guild?
<IA> Right as rain. ^_^
<PMJ> You know, I wanted to thank you again for keeping that mysterious and secretive promise you kept for me.
<IA> Yep! Sadly, that's why I'm here. Though I have a feeling you know about that. Now, about that mysteriously weird symbol we saw....​

The next morning, we had a meeting to prepare for the trip to Brine Cave.

<Tails> IA still hasn't come back yet, but time is of the essence, so we're going to leave on the mission to Brine Cave without him.
<Teal> Is that safe? >_>
<Tails> Yeah, no problem. He'll probably just meet us there. Besides, you have me to lead you!
<Everyone> ... ... ...
<Keeper> It's ok, we'll do all do our best together!
<Tails> Thanks for the vote of confidence, everyone. >_>
<Zyflair> Awww, we're just teasing you Tails. Now lead on with your best IA impersonation!
<Tails> Alright.... *ahem* Everyone do your best! ^_^
<Everyone> Hurray! :D​

As a group, we all made the short trek to Brine Cave in the northwest. Outside the cave, we had our final pep talk.

<Tails> Alright, everyone, the mission is as follows: get to the bottom of the dungeon!
<Tails> And look out for the terrifying outlaws that live there.
<Everyone> D:!
<SR> So, uh, do we get a warning about what these outlaws are like?
<Tails> No idea! When IA and I were here before they OHKOed me and I don't remember a thing.
<Teal> So, we don't get any hints?
<Tails> Well, I think it was a Water-type attack?
<SR> Ohshi-
<Tails> Anyway, we're all going to split into groups. I'll be going with Athena and Keeper, the rest of you can figure out your own groups.​

None of us saw Team Skull lurking in the corners as we made our way into the cave and split up. Keeper, Tails, and I headed off in one direction leaving the other NPCs to figure out their own groups. Tails wasn't too bad of an NPC to have tag along; he was a bit on the fragile side, but his Fury Attack hit like a beast. The Water-type Pokémon were somewhat problematic for me, but we managed to make it through to the halfway point with a saving statue when suddenly...

<Vom> Team Skull is rocking the house! *bamp*
<Tails> Ohhey, I remember you guys from...
<Vom> Ooh, look, shiny rock! *takes Keeper's precious*
<Keeper> No! That's mine!
<bbninjas> We stole it before and we'll steal it again.
<Celever> You guys never learn, do you?
<Tails> Hold on, please. What are you doing here? I've been worried about you ever since you disappeared during the expedition to Fogbound Lake...
<Vom> *snickers* This guy is so dumb he still doesn't realize we're bad guys!
<bbninjas & Celever> *high five*
<Tails> This is...
<Keeper> Yes, Tails, they really are bad guys.
<Tails> WHAT?!
<Athena> We did try to warn you before.
<Vom> Anyway, now that we have this thing, we're going to go to the Hidden Land ourselves. Smell ya later! *leaves with the others*
<Tails> Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle. How RUDE. It's time someone showed them a lesson.... *flies off after them*
<Keeper> *facepalm*
<Athena> Eh, it's fine. We can take care of the rest of the dungeon ourselves. We're all headed in the same direction anyway.
<Keeper> Alright...​

And so Keeper and I continued on our own, eventually making it to the next plot floor.

<Keeper> Dammit, no sign of either Tails or Team Skull. I hope they didn't get lost.
<???> Uggghhhh....
<Athena> Well, let's go follow that suspicious noise.​

We walked forward until we came to an amusing site.... Team Skull lying all over the room, KOed.

<Athena> trololololololol
<Keeper> What happened?
<Athena> Who cares? Let's rifle through their pockets.
<Keeper> This was the work of those outlaw bosses, wasn't it?
<Celever> No one told us about any outlaw bosses...
<Keeper> You guys okay?
<bbninjas> Why do you care?
<Keeper> I, uh, just do.
<Vom> Well, that's better than we got from Tails. When he saw us like this he just laughed and took all our stuff and flew off.
<Athena> *snicker*
<Vom> Don't worry; we'll get him back. Funny that after how horribly we treated you that you'd be the ones to be nice to us.
<Keeper> Well, you're Pokémon, too, even if you're jerk Pokémon.
<Vom> Well, since you're so nice and all, I guess you can have your stupid rock back.
<Keeper> Sweet, thanks!
<Vom> But don't think this makes things good between us! We're still bad guys.
<Keeper> Okay, fair enough.
<Vom> Now, stop worrying about us and go worry about your friend... after all, he flew right into the outlaw boss den.
<Athena> Ohshi-
<Keeper> Let's go!
<bbninjas> *snicker* You're a little bit of a good guy after all, boss.
<Vom> Shut up or I'll gas you.
<Celever> Don't worry; we won't tell anyone...​

Keeper and I rushed forward and eventually met up with Tails. There was no sign of the outlaws, however, until we looked up and saw them dangling from the ceiling above us! It was a Kabutops and 2 Omastar!

<Tails> Ohshi-
<Uralya> I am Uralya!
<Omastars> And the Omastar Brothers!
<Keeper> Nice to meet you, I'm--
<Uralya> Shut up, it's time to fight! *slash*
<Keeper> Urk!
<Tails> *dives in the way*
<Keeper> Tails! You saved me. :O
<Uralya> Ohhey, I remember you. We KOed you before when you came in with that fat pink guy.
<Tails> I won't let you harm these Pokémon! >:|
<Uralya> ... ... ...
<Tails> *collapses, KOed*
<Uralya> That's better. Now, like I said before... time to fight!​

The 3 Pokémon surrounded us. I busied myself trying to keep them Smokescreened while Keeper plinked for damage. As soon as one of the Omastars was KOed, Keeper and I swapped spots to keep me out of the line of the Water-type attacks. Eventually we wore them down and the remaining 2 were badly injured. Before we could finish them off, they fled, leaving us to take care of Tails.

<Keeper> Hey Tails, you ok, bro?
<IA> Taaaaaaaaiiiillllllllssssss!
<Tails> Guildmaster!
<Keeper> Ohhey, it's IA, and TGK, too!
<Teal> And don't forget us too! *arrives with the rest of the guildmembers*
<MtC> So, uh, what's going on?
<IA> Tails is hurt... ;~;
<Tails> I'll be fine; stop worrying. My pride was hurt more than anything...
<Keeper> He jumped in front of the bad guys and saved us!
<IA> *sigh* I can't believe this happened again.
<Athena> Again?
<IA> That's exactly what he did when we came here before. He saved me! That's why I keep him around.
<TGK> This guy needs medical attention. We should take him back to the guild.
<IA> We will, yes. But you, Athena, and Keeper need to keeping going. You're the main characters! Now go do your job and save the world and stuff.
<Keeper> Alright. You guys take care!
<IA> Good luck! ^_^​

Keeper, TGK, and I continued down through the cave to the place where IA and Chatot had seen the mysterious symbol before.

<Keeper> So, uh, how'd you get here anyway, TGK?
<TGK> Oh, IA brought me. Just when I had found all the Time Gears he found me and brought me to the cave, too.
<Athena> I guess that's why he didn't make it back to the guild in time.
<Keeper> Anyway, I think we're almost there now.... hey, wait, this is the sea!
<Athena> A little cave entrance it looks like... shame we didn't know about this before, we could have come straight here and avoided the dungeon.
<Keeper> And here's the symbol! It's the same as on my treasure rock alright. *pulls it out to compare*​

As soon as Keeper pulled his rock out, the rock and the symbol on the cave wall both started pulsing with a blue glow. Then suddenly, a laser fired off towards the sea!

<Keeper> :O!
<TGK> What the *&%# was that?
<Keeper> And what's that outside now?​

Sure enough, something was coming towards on us on the water. It was a Lapras, like the one I had seen before!

<PMJ> Keeper, Athena, TGK 'sup?
<Keeper> Wait, you know us? :O
<PMJ> Yeah, IA told me about you guys. I'm PMJ, the guide to the Hidden Land.
<Everyone> :O!!!
<Keeper> So, wait, you can just take us there? Sweet!
<PMJ> That laser you just sent out is the signal. It means you're cool.
<Keeper> Did you hear that, Athena? PMJ thinks I'm cool! :'D
<PMJ> Go ahead and hop on my back and I'll have you brought over there in no time flat.
<TGK> Come on, let's go!​

Team Awesome:
Athena:
Lv. 43 Charmander (Ember, Smokescreen, Scratch, Flamethrower)
Keeper: Lv. 44 Totodile (Ice Fang, Scratch, Aqua Tail, Bite)

Available Teammates: Sandslash (24), Oddish (11), Paras (13), Venomoth (1), Psyduck (10), Poliwag (9), Machop (6), Geodude (7), Doduo (10), Krabby (12), Rhyhorn (24), Hoothoot (13), Spinarak (10), Mareep (21), Hoppip (13), Wooper (11), Phanpy (20), Larvitar (23), Zigzagoon (15), Lotad (11), Nincada (24), Ninjask (27), Mawile (25), Cacnea (23), Cacturne (24), Seviper (36), Barboach (1), Shinx (18), Budew (12), Cranidos (26), Shieldon (27), Wormadam (26), Pachirisu (14), Cherubi (14), Gastrodon (East Sea) (13), Hippopotas (27), Skorupi (25), Carnivine (24)

Player Notes:

Another long chapter, my apologies. I thought about stopping earlier but I didn't really get to play much, just that easy bit at Waterfall Cave, so I kept going. I've updated the Teammates list now, too.

Once again, Water-type Pokémon end up being my bane, which I guess shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Even Tails seemed to hold up better than me, needing only one Oran Berry to my two. 1 I needed in the dungeon itself and the other during the boss battle since an Omastar got off a lucky Brine on me through the Smokescreen. My Fire attacks were mostly useless, too, which meant my attack power was also weakened. Bluh bluh. So, more of an annoying dungeon than anything else, but at least it's beyond us now.

With the arrival of PMJ and Uralya, all NPCs have now been accounted for... except for Scorched Feathers as Spinda. Is he the true final boss?! Nope, that was just temporary Pokémon dyslexia. SF was Spoink, not Spinda, so everyone is actually accounted for now.

Regardless, I have the feeling that we're getting pretty close to the end of the main meat of this game now, which means I need to start thinking about post-game. I know there is post-game stuff... I just don't know anything about it. Is there any kind of actual plot and/or structure to the post-game stuff or is it mostly just running around to recruit more Pokémon and stuff? If it's more like the former, I'll probably write it up, but if it's primarily the latter, I dunno if I will since that seems like there wouldn't be much to write about.

So, anyway, people who know this game, feel free to give some information and opinions on the post-game stuff to help me make my decision on that, if you'd like.

Last edited:
Technically, it's not really post-game... more like the second half of the story. So yeah, there is plot, and important characters that you need to find members for (in fact I should have been one of them, but you only handed out roles for the first part :p).

We've already got a huge cast just how it is now! :p But, yeah, Keeper and I discussed if I should have him make a list of just this part's characters or if we should include post-game right from the start when I was getting his help with building the OP in the first place. In the end, we decided to leave post-game characters out for now for two main reasons: 1) we didn't even know if I'd want to do post-game (after all, I did ditch this game without finishing it the first time I played so I might have just wanted to get it done and over with ASAP), 2) the list of characters to assign to players was already really f-ing long (over 30!).

If I decide to both play and write-up the post-game (which I guess is pretty likely if there's a lot of plot and stuff), AND if you all, my readers, feel like nominating more people to take the additional roles for the post-game content (which means please speak up if you would like this), I'll probably kindly ask Keeper to make up a list of post-game roles that can be nominated for sometime soon.

Back