Plasma Klinklang

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!
What do you guys speculate as good counters against Plasma Klinklang. I mean a counter that can fit in the most regular decks like Darkrai EX or Keldeo/Blastoise, something practicle that only takes up 3-4 spaces max.

Blastoise and Hydreigon are already Klinklang counters, lol. I know Hydra at least can Catcher KO Klinklang. If you really want a counter, regular Keldeo works for Blastoise. Can't really think of anything for Hydra though, unless you use Prisms.

Keeper of Night said:
Blastoise and Hydreigon are already Klinklang counters, lol. I know Hydra at least can Catcher KO Klinklang. If you really want a counter, regular Keldeo works for Blastoise. Can't really think of anything for Hydra though, unless you use Prisms.
The only issue is that Blastoise may be a somewhat counter, but thats a lot of energies you need to load on him. And what I meant by Darkrai was like a straight Darkrai/Sableye or hammers.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
The only issue is that Blastoise may be a somewhat counter, but thats a lot of energies you need to load on him. And what I meant by Darkrai was like a straight Darkrai/Sableye or hammers.

The only way to beat Klinklang with Hammers is scoop hope they don't play Pokedex/Ether engine. Also, straight Darkrai cannot beat Klinklang unless they only bench one Klink at a time.

Actually, attacking the Klinklang tends to be the last thing you want to do. Klinklang's main weak point is the lack of acceleration, so if you can take down the main attackers, it has serious issues. Blastoise actually can hold it's own against Klinklang as Cobalion EX can't take it down in one hit and Blastoise easily scores a two hit KO back. After a Cobalion EX goes down, it can't KO the Blastoise unless it has another three energy on the field because Cobalion's first attack only does 30 damage. It's partially the reason to run the non-EX Cobalion in this deck.

The most obvious counter is Victini NV, which murders everything in the deck for a measly two energy as long as your bench is full. Not much else really fully "counters" Klinklang; only stuff like Blastoise can try to keep up with it and eventually waste away Klinklang's attackers.

But what about HTL? HTL will leave the opponent's blastoise at 10 if you have the gym as well. that is very dangerous health for risking getting KOd after you KO Cobalion EX. And since Blastoise is an engine, thats a pretty bad idea.

Blastoise is an engine, but since Keldeo is useless in this matchup, you have to think of it as an attacker. You aren't going to win if you just let it sit on the bench.

Klinklang is one of those decks that probably won't run HTL. It may run it as a 1 or 2-of, but it's extremely tight for space being a Stage 2 deck and is going to end up being inconsistent if it runs too many of them. Sure, Blastoise will get screwed by HTL, but I don't think many Klinklang decks will be running it.

I see klingklang/Lucario as a good deck. Maybe not tier 1 since it will have a low consistency but it will get their at some point.

http://pokebeach.com/scans/next-destinies/14-moltres.jpg
Moltres could be extremely powerful against Klingklang in a Hydreigon deck. Ninetails is good at OHKO-ing Klingklang and could be paired with Darkrai.

Regular Keldeo (hydro pump) could work in a blastoise/keldeo deck if you don't want to attack with blastoise.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:

Hammer their Energy out of the game completely. They don't have stable, consistent Energy acceleration, so you'll be able to either sweep with Sableye's Confuse Ray (with additional damage from Dark Claw and/or Hypnotoxic Laser+Virbank). That and using Catchers to run them out of Switch is pretty good.

I definitely prefer the Benchtini option for a lot of decks though. It's just easier to use and counter with.

dmaster out.

Options for Non-EX Pokemon to counter Plasma Steel Klinklang...
1. Benchtini - This option is okay with Prism or Blend but you must have a full bench.
2. Reshiram - Outrage is good against Cobalion and Registeel EX, cause neith OHKO you so then you OHKO them! Works with DCE
3. Ninetails - Extra Catcher and with HTL heads for kill on any Steel EX and Kilnklang. One energy!
4. Garbodor - I love this one for some decks, it just cancels thier ability. Amazing! No energy!
5. Moltres - Option (never tested myself) Looks disappointig to me.
6. EDIT: Haha never mind. Do not do sigilyph.
7. Hypnotoxic Laser and Virbank definently work well to still damage steel pokemon.
8. Try to Scoop if they do not lock that as well!
9. If Lucario becomes popular Moletto will become good as well as sigilyph.

My favorites are Garbodor, Reshiram, and Benchtini, it depends on the deck.

Those are my ideas.

Sigilyph doesn't work because Cobalion EX's attack goes through Sigilyph's ability. It get's OHKO'd.

Kyurem in Blastoise destroys Klink Klang; it sets up low energy KOs on Klink Klangs with Blastoise and Klink Klang likes to bench multiple Klinks so you can get lots of KOs with 2 Glaciates. I think running 2 Kyurems in Blastoise will make Klink Klang outright lose to Blastoise decks.

Bidoof from dragons exalted with bang heads is the best counter to everything.

but besides that. I made a quick plasma klinklang deck on pokemon TCGO and ran into some who ran 2 reshirams and 2 revives in their deck and had a heck of a time with it. While I still won (he took 5 prizes) it was not a pleasant experience. Most if not all of plasma klinklang deck is weak to fire and unless you can OHKO him he destroys you with outrage after you hit him once. and trading prize cards between a colbalion ex and a reshiram is not fun. In the end cobalion NVI is what ended up saving me (was prized) because he didn't have any form of easy retreat after iron breaker.

ironferret said:
Bidoof from dragons exalted with bang heads is the best counter to everything.

Obviously :p

But I don't see why Reshiram would give you so much trouble. You could just..well..not attack him for a while while you can setup your bench with energy. You can also hit him for 30, then KO him with 100.

Blah said:
But I don't see why Reshiram would give you so much trouble. You could just..well..not attack him for a while while you can setup your bench with energy. You can also hit him for 30, then KO him with 100.

because of blue flare, if i just waited a few turns he would OHKO me anyways, granted at the cost of some energy, but one energy attachment gets him attacking again with outrage.

and ever with no damage on him outrage hits all metal pokemon for 40 damage.

It seems like an easy counter to plasma klinklang decks is 2 reshirams revives and energy retrieval. just stream reshirams. Granted i was playing the deck without BW1 klinklang and max potions, so that might fix some of the problems, and i still need to fine tune the deck.

You can just use Cobalion EX's first attack if the Reshiram has over 100 hp so that Reshiram doesn't have enough damage counters to OHKO you with outrage but enough for you to KO on the next turn. You should end up trading each Cobalion EX for 2 Reshiram with the difference being that Reshirams will be much more difficult to stream.

Yeah, I doubt we'll see too many Reshiram. Hit 'em with Righteous Edge to get rid of the DCE, too. Benchtini is just easier to set up, it's funny you ran into Reshiram.

I think Plasma Klinklang is a super fun card. I've been testing, but it's about gg when your Klinklangs get Catcher'd. :| I love teching Max Potion just in case I survive an attack so it gives me time to Skyla for a Switch.

Back