Playthrough ~ * Pineapple X's Crystal Nuzlocke! * ~

Pineapple X

former local demigod
I decided to do a Nuzlocke myself too, took the first game I had in my sight and started playing. So please tell me what you think! Also, should I go for beach member names?

Chapter 1: The Dawn
”Come on Pax, wake up already!” my mom yells. I open my eyes, and see the light of the morning sun bursting through my window.
”Wha-what is it, mom?” I shout back.
”DON’T YOU REMEMBER? PROFESSOR ELM ASKED YOU TO DO SOMETHING FOR HIM!” mom answered. Quite a temper she has.
”Umm… You didn’t say anything about that.” I told her.
”Oh, I guess I forgot. Sorry! But anyways, rise and shine, sweetie!” she answered, with clear embarrassment in her voice.

I went downstairs and ate some delicious bacon my mom made. She told me that Prof. Elm asked me to do him a favor, and she said I should go to the lab.
”Oh, and don’t forget your PokéGear!” She picked up the phone and gave it to me.

I opened the door, and whoa boy, was New Bark Town beautiful, glowing in the light of the rising sun. The lab was right next door, so the trip there wasn’t too long. Before I entered the lab, I saw some creepy red-haired guy staring through the window. Guess I was just imagining, though.

The lab door opened itself. Cool. I stepped in, and Professor Elm was there, witing for me by a table with three Poké Balls on it.
”G’morning Pax! How are you doing?” asked Elm.
”Fine, thanks. So… Was there something you wanted me to do?” I answered. I was so excited.
”Oh, yes. So, what I’d like you to do, is that you would pick a Pokémon from here.” he said.
”Ok… So any of these?” I asked.
”Yup.”

I picked the ball on the left. I called out the Pokémon, and with a flash, it came out of the Poké Ball. It was a Cyndaquil. ”Oh hell yeah!” my brain yelled.

”So, now that you have your first Pokémon, would you like to give it a name? A good, loving trainer usually names their Pokémon.” Elm explained.
”Hmm, I’ll call him Typhlo.” I said. It’s the name of a badass.
”Great! Now to the main thing – would you mind picking up something from an old friend of mine? He’s called Mr. Pokémon, he lives north of Cherrygrove.” said Elm.
”Oh, yes, I’m ready,” I said with confidence.

Team:
[sprite]155[/sprite] Typhlo, Lvl 5.

Chapter 2: The Winged Death
I leave my hometown of New Bark, and enter the route near it. I walk through the tall grass, afraid that strong Pokémon are going to attack me. The fear was not necessary, since I managed to sneak through the grass without any problems. Typhlo followed me, smiling with excitement of a little adventure.

After some walking, I reached Cherrygrove. Quite a beautiful town, but I had no time for sightseeing. I stop by the Pokémon Center, and heal Typhlo. I keep on travelling to the next route.

I see a little patch of grass, thinking I might be able to sneak through it without wild Pokémon attacking me. All of the sudden, a little Caterpie attacks Tyhplo, but the Cyndaquil has no trouble in tackling it down.

After some training and walking, I find the house of Mr. Pokémon. I knock on the door, and a middle-aged guy with a beard opens it.

”Is this Mr. Pokémon’s house?” I ask carefully.
”Yes, you’ve come to the right place! …In case you are the boy Elm sent.” he answered.
”Oh, yup. So… Was I supposed to pick something up?”
”Oh, yes, let me give you that. I’ve recently acquired this weird Pokémon Egg. You should take it to the professor and let him do research on it.” says Mr. Pokémon.
”Hey, you!” shouts some old guy in the back of the house.
”Me? What is it?” I ask.
”I’m Professor Oak, glad to meet you. Pax, was it?” he introduces himself.
”OHMYGOSH PROFESSOR OAK I’M LIKE YOUR BIGGEST FANBOY EVER I LOVE YOUR RADIO SHOW AND ALL…” I shout. Very loud.
”Son, don’t excite him too much”, whispers Mr. Pokémon and winks.
”Well, thank you. But now to the main topic. You seem like a pretty dependable kid. This right here is Pokédex”, Oak says and takes a purple, cool-looking device out of his pocket.
”A Pokédex… For me? Whoa”, I answer.
”Yes. You do know how this thing works. Please register me in your Pokégear, and report how your Dex-filling is going at times. Now, I must leave for Goldenrod, to get on that show you love”, Oak says and smiles.

I leave the house, and put the egg Mr. Pokémon gave me in my bag. I dash back to Cherrygrove, but I get a sudden phone call. I pick it up.
”ERMAHGEERD PAX GET TO DA LAB TOTODILE HAS BEEN STOLEN HALP” shouts Elm.
”…ok, sure”, I answer. I wonder what Elm mighta been smoking.

I reach Cherrygrove again, and heal Typhlo. I step on route to New Bark, and there’s a red-haired guy running towards me.
”No, he’s not even real, I’m having visions now-”
He bumps straight into me, and I fall down.
”DUDE? What are you doing? Get out of my way!” says the mysterious guy.
”Do you want my Totodile to bite you into pieces?”
”Wait… You stole that Totodile!” I yell at him.
”Hmph. Let’s just have a battle. I’ll shut you up”, he says.

I send Typhlo out. He sends out Totodile. I Leer him once, and crit him down with a Tackle.
”Well, that was easy”, I say, just trying to insult the arrogant red-haired kid.
”Guess what? That was just luck. I’m much better than that”, he answers.
Actually, it was just luck. All hail crits, though.

I keep on walking to the lab. At the lab, some cop asks me for some info on the thief. I tell the cop his name is ???, just like he had said.
”Allright, thanks for cooperation. I’ll go now”, the cop thanks me and leaves.

I walk in the lab. Elm welcomes me back.
”So… What was the thing Mr. Pokémon wanted me to have a look at?” Elm asks.
”Oh, this egg”, I answer and give him the egg.
”Whoa. Never seen one like this before”, says Elm. ”You know what, Pax? You should take on the Pokémon League challenge! It’s simple – just beat every gym and challenge the Elite Four.”
”Ok… Whatever”, I answer, and leave the lab.

I decide to accept the challenge. I leave New Bark, and dash towards a new route gate I just noticed. There’s a huge valley there, and I see the sun go down between two mountains. Suddenly I hear a weird sound.

A Spearow jumps out the grass. I catch it with ease. It’s a girl, so I name it Frez, the winged death.

Team:
[sprite]155[/sprite] Typhlo, Lvl 10
[sprite]21[/sprite] Frez, Lvl 3

Chapter 3: Zombies ate my Pennywise

With a new friend, Frez, in my team, I walk towards Violet City with both of my Pokémon out of their Pokéballs. It’s already dark, and I feel a bit scared. What if there’s a zombie or a killer clown? Hell, I don’t want Pennywise to eat me.

A hear some little cracking-like noise. A Poliwag waddles in front of me!
”Well, well… Poliwag! Wanna battle it?” I ask Frez. She makes a makes an eager cry.

I send out Frez out, and she Pecks the Poliwag a few times.
”How about a new friend?” I ask Typhlo, and he nods and smiles. I throw a Poké Ball at the little blue tadpole. I name it Reggie.

My team seems to be happy about having a new member. Poliwag also turns out to be an awesome battler, as it one-hit-KOs a couple of Rattatas with Bubble.

Violet City is getting closer, and all of the sudden I find myself to be walking a little, beautiful market-like alley. All my Pokémon stare at the city lights with bright eyes. They seem happy.

After some walking through the city I find a Pokémon Center, and rest for a while there. I look out of the window, and spot a very tall tower.
”Hey, Nurse Joy, what’s that tower called?” I ask.
”Oh, the Sprout Tower. I don’t know much about it, but a lot of people train there. You could maybe give it a shot too”, she tells me.
”Ok, thanks, Nurse!” I thank Joy and leave to the Sprout Tower. Nurse Joy is kinda cute. Now I know how Brock feels.

I enter the tower, and all I see is a shaking, tall wooden pillar. Some people, mostly Sages with Hoothoot and Bellsprout are fighting around it. I notice a ladder, summon all my friends back to their Pokéballs and start climbing.

Reaching the top floor is no challenge, since I’ve been climbing trees as long as I can even remember. An old man, Elder Li (it's actually in the game, and until this day I haven't noticed the sort of a joke), is waiting for me at the top. He tells me how he wants to put my skills to a test in a battle. Naturally, I accept.

I send Typhlo out, predicting he sends out Bellsprout. I was correct, and Typhlo takes the little flower down with a single Ember. Reggie seems like he wants to battle, so I take Typhlo back and let Reggie take care of Li’s Hoothoot with a couple of Bubble attacks.

”Well done, young one”, Li says, ”Pax, isn’t it?” he asks and shows me a strange disc-looking thing. ”This is the HM for a move called Flash. You can bring light to the darkest situations with it”, he explains.
”Yes, Pax. Thank you so much. By the way, do you think I’m ready to challenge the Pokémon Gym? I decided to take the Pokémon League challenge, so…” I ask Li. He seems like a wise guy, and I’m pretty sure he really does see if a trainer is talented or not.
”You treat your Pokémon like friends, and battle with courage and a kind heart. You are definitely a trainer worthy of these great little Pokémon. Go on, Pax, challenge the gym. You’ll do well.” he says. I think Li got that line from some movie. Sounded kinda cheesy but oh well, it was pretty epic.

As I start climbing down the ladder, I hear a little shriek. A little black ball and purple gas surrounding it is floating closer towards me.

Team:
[sprite]155[/sprite] Typhlo, Lvl 13
[sprite]21[/sprite] Frez, Lvl 10
[sprite]60[/sprite] Reggie, Lvl 9

Chapter 4: My Pokédex is HEAVILY disturbing

The ball is floating straight at my direction. I take out my Pokédex.
”Gastly, the Gas Pokémon. It wraps its opponent in its gas-like body, slowly weakening its prey by poisoning it through the skin.”
”Gee, that made me feel a lot better… Reggie? Wanna battle the Gastly?” I ask Reggie, feeling confident since Reggie’s simply a boss. Reggie nods.

I send out Reggie the Poliswaggamaster, and he shoots the Gastly with a couple of Bubbles. I take a Poké Ball out of my bag and throw it at the Gastly.

One shake. Two shakes. Three shakes. Click.

”Yeah! Nice job, Reggie!” I shout and feel like dancing, because Gastly looks so awesome. And it can kill people with poison. The Gastly gets the name Haunted. (are you satisfied, sir?)

Now I can leave Sprout Tower without any sort of poisonous gas Pokémon trying to kill us, and I take a little rest in the Pokémon Center.
”Haunted, do you wanna come with us to the gym?” I ask our new buddy. Haunted seems a bit insecure, since he hasn’t had any battles yet. He doesn’t answer me.
”Hey, buddy, it’s ok. Don’t worry. We can go training first if you feel like you don’t wanna battle yet.” Haunted seems happy and smiles.

I make my way back to ther route I came from, and Haunted starts beating up some Bellsprouts. He gains a few levels, and looks ready for the battle. A little rest in the Center before the gym challenge is necessary though.
”All right, team, are you ready to challenge the first gym?” I ask my Pokémon. They all nod and smile.

As I enter the gym, some guy with a Spearow, just like me, welcomes me.
”Hello, trainer, and welcome to Violet City’s gym! I’m Abe”, he introduces himself.
”Glad to meet you. I’m Pax. Are you the gym leader?” I ask, not really knowing who the leader even is and what he looks like.
”Oh, no, I’m just an ordinary gym trainer. Our leader, Falkner is in the back. To get there, you’ll have to battle me!” he says. ”Shall we get on with it?”
”Sure.”

Abe sends out Spearow, and I send out mine, Frez, too. Frez pecks Abe’s Spearow a couple of times, but takes a few attacks herself. I give her a Potion, just to stay on the safe side. Frez gives the other Spearow a really strong-looking Peck, and we’re done with the match.

”That was a nice match, dude. You’re ready to face Falkner. His room is that way”, says Abe and points at a wooden brigde on top of a huge pit.
”Whoa, am I seriously supposed to cross that thing? What if I fall down?” I ask, pretty concerned. I seriously don’t want my journey to end because of some maniac who likes to build weak bridges.
”Just believe in yourself.”

Great, another guy who likes cheesy lines.

I carefully take a few steps on the brigde, and feel like it’s actually safe. Soon I’m on the other side the brigde, and this weird emo guy with blue hair shouts something at me.
”Hey, I’m Falkner, the gym leader of Violet City! I assume you’re Pax”, he says when I get closer. His voice is weird. Haha.
”Yup, that’s correct, Pax it is.”
”Are you ready to battle for your first badge?”
”Do you actually have to ask?” I say with a little laugh.

Falkner sends out Pidgey, while I send out Reggie. My little Poliswag takes the Pidgey out with ease, only with a few bubble shots. Then comes the real challenge. Falkner sends out Pidgeotto, and I take Reggie and send out Typhlo. Unfortunately the Pidgeotto outspeeds Typhlo, and he has to take a Gust in the face before he manages to shoot an Ember at the bird.

I know it’s a risk. Should I count on Typhlo to survive one more Gust? Should I go for a Potion? Should I send someone else out? Pidgeotto is preparing its Gust attack, and suddenly I hear a fierce cry. Haunted jumps in front of Typhlo, just in time to block the Gust.
”Haunted! Are you ok?” I shout. My new friend doesn’t seem to be in good shape. Typhlo finishes Pidgeotto off with another Ember, surrounding it with a little fire tornado.
”Nice job, Typhlo. And gg bro Falkner, I think you just killed my Gastly.”

Falkner gives me the badge and a TM, but I don’t really care. I start hurrying to the Pokémon Center.

Team:
[sprite]155[/sprite]Typhlo, Lvl 13
[sprite]21[/sprite]Frez, Lvl 13
[sprite]60[/sprite]Reggie, Lvl 11

?:
[sprite]92[/sprite]Haunted, Lvl 8

Thanks, Reggie! :3 New chapter is out. Btw, it's really long.

I leave my hometown of New Bark, and enter the route near it. I walk through the tall grass, afraid that strong Pokémon are going to attack me. The fear was not necessary, since I managed to sneak through the grass without any problems. Typhlo followed me, smiling with excitement of a little adventure.

After some walking, I reached Cherrygrove. Quite a beautiful town, but I had no time for sightseeing. I stop by the Pokémon Center, and heal Typhlo. I keep on travelling to the next route.

I see a little patch of grass, thinking I might be able to sneak through it without wild Pokémon attacking me. All of the sudden, a little Caterpie attacks Tyhplo, but the Cyndaquil has no trouble in tackling it down.

After some training and walking, I find the house of Mr. Pokémon. I knock on the door, and a middle-aged guy with a beard opens it.

”Is this Mr. Pokémon’s house?” I ask carefully.
”Yes, you’ve come to the right place! …In case you are the boy Elm sent.” he answered.
”Oh, yup. So… Was I supposed to pick something up?”
”Oh, yes, let me give you that. I’ve recently acquired this weird Pokémon Egg. You should take it to the professor and let him do research on it.” says Mr. Pokémon.
”Hey, you!” shouts some old guy in the back of the house.
”Me? What is it?” I ask.
”I’m Professor Oak, glad to meet you. Pax, was it?” he introduces himself.
”OHMYGOSH PROFESSOR OAK I’M LIKE YOUR BIGGEST FANBOY EVER I LOVE YOUR RADIO SHOW AND ALL…” I shout. Very loud.
”Son, don’t excite him too much”, whispers Mr. Pokémon and winks.
”Well, thank you. But now to the main topic. You seem like a pretty dependable kid. This right here is Pokédex”, Oak says and takes a purple, cool-looking device out of his pocket.
”A Pokédex… For me? Whoa”, I answer.
”Yes. You do know how this thing works. Please register me in your Pokégear, and report how your Dex-filling is going at times. Now, I must leave for Goldenrod, to get on that show you love”, Oak says and smiles.

I leave the house, and put the egg Mr. Pokémon gave me in my bag. I dash back to Cherrygrove, but I get a sudden phone call. I pick it up.

I reach Cherrygrove again, and heal Typhlo. I step on route to New Bark, and there’s a red-haired guy running towards me.
”No, he’s not even real, I’m having visions now-”
He bumps straight into me, and I fall down.
”DUDE? What are you doing? Get out of my way!” says the mysterious guy.
”Do you want my Totodile to bite you into pieces?”
”Wait… You stole that Totodile!” I yell at him.
”Hmph. Let’s just have a battle. I’ll shut you up”, he says.

I send Typhlo out. He sends out Totodile. I Leer him once, and crit him down with a Tackle.
”Well, that was easy”, I say, just trying to insult the arrogant red-haired kid.
”Guess what? That was just luck. I’m much better than that”, he answers.
Actually, it was just luck. All hail crits, though.

I keep on walking to the lab. At the lab, some cop asks me for some info on the thief. I tell the cop his name is ???, just like he had said.
”Allright, thanks for cooperation. I’ll go now”, the cop thanks me and leaves.

I walk in the lab. Elm welcomes me back.
”So… What was the thing Mr. Pokémon wanted me to have a look at?” Elm asks.
”Oh, this egg”, I answer and give him the egg.
”Whoa. Never seen one like this before”, says Elm. ”You know what, Pax? You should take on the Pokémon League challenge! It’s simple – just beat every gym and challenge the Elite Four.”
”Ok… Whatever”, I answer, and leave the lab.

I decide to accept the challenge. I leave New Bark, and dash towards a new route gate I just noticed. There’s a huge valley there, and I see the sun go down between two mountains. Suddenly I hear a weird sound.

A Spearow jumps out the grass. I catch it with ease. It’s a girl, so I name it Frez, the winged death.

Team:
[sprite]155[/sprite] Typhlo, Lvl 10
[sprite]21[/sprite] Frez, Lvl 3

If my namesake dies, I'll never forgive you. >:T
I actually think I'll follow this Nuzlocke. Your writing is rather humorous :D

Frezgle said:
If my namesake dies, I'll never forgive you. >:T
I actually think I'll follow this Nuzlocke. Your writing is rather humorous :D

I'll do my best! ;D

And thank you, that means a lot to me. ;3

I really like your writing! I also chose Cyndaquil. Take good care of it! :D And don't let Frez die!

Good luck on the Nuzlocke. I'll be following this too! :)

Oh, cool, another Nuzlocke!
Pineapple X said:

I literally burst out laughing here.

Happy news for whoever liked and followed this Nuzlocke! ^-^ (for the two first parts)

I started working on Chapter 3, and it'll be out during two hours or so.

Hype. Hype. Hype. (Hopefully nobody's actually hyped. ;P)

Pineapple X said:
Happy news for whoever liked and followed this Nuzlocke! ^-^ (for the two first parts)

I started working on Chapter 3, and it'll be out during two hours or so.

Hype. Hype. Hype. (Hopefully nobody's actually hyped. ;P)

Yay! My favorite gen 2 nuzlocke is back up!

Here it is, guys - Chapter 3 of my Pokémon Crystal Nuzlocke! I apologize in advance.

With a new friend, Frez, in my team, I walk towards Violet City with both of my Pokémon out of their Pokéballs. It’s already dark, and I feel a bit scared. What if there’s a zombie or a killer clown? Hell, I don’t want Pennywise to eat me.

A hear some little cracking-like noise. A Poliwag waddles in front of me!
”Well, well… Poliwag! Wanna battle it?” I ask Frez. She makes a makes an eager cry.

I send out Frez out, and she Pecks the Poliwag a few times.
”How about a new friend?” I ask Typhlo, and he nods and smiles. I throw a Poké Ball at the little blue tadpole. I name it Reggie.

My team seems to be happy about having a new member. Poliwag also turns out to be an awesome battler, as it one-hit-KOs a couple of Rattatas with Bubble.

Violet City is getting closer, and all of the sudden I find myself to be walking a little, beautiful market-like alley. All my Pokémon stare at the city lights with bright eyes. They seem happy.

After some walking through the city I find a Pokémon Center, and rest for a while there. I look out of the window, and spot a very tall tower.
”Hey, Nurse Joy, what’s that tower called?” I ask.
”Oh, the Sprout Tower. I don’t know much about it, but a lot of people train there. You could maybe give it a shot too”, she tells me.
”Ok, thanks, Nurse!” I thank Joy and leave to the Sprout Tower. Nurse Joy is kinda cute. Now I know how Brock feels.

I enter the tower, and all I see is a shaking, tall wooden pillar. Some people, mostly Sages with Hoothoot and Bellsprout are fighting around it. I notice a ladder, summon all my friends back to their Pokéballs and start climbing.

Reaching the top floor is no challenge, since I’ve been climbing trees as long as I can even remember. An old man, Elder Li (it's actually in the game, and until this day I haven't noticed the sort of a joke), is waiting for me at the top. He tells me how he wants to put my skills to a test in a battle. Naturally, I accept.

I send Typhlo out, predicting he sends out Bellsprout. I was correct, and Typhlo takes the little flower down with a single Ember. Reggie seems like he wants to battle, so I take Typhlo back and let Reggie take care of Li’s Hoothoot with a couple of Bubble attacks.

”Well done, young one”, Li says, ”Pax, isn’t it?” he asks and shows me a strange disc-looking thing. ”This is the HM for a move called Flash. You can bring light to the darkest situations with it”, he explains.
”Yes, Pax. Thank you so much. By the way, do you think I’m ready to challenge the Pokémon Gym? I decided to take the Pokémon League challenge, so…” I ask Li. He seems like a wise guy, and I’m pretty sure he really does see if a trainer is talented or not.
”You treat your Pokémon like friends, and battle with courage and a kind heart. You are definitely a trainer worthy of these great little Pokémon. Go on, Pax, challenge the gym. You’ll do well.” he says. I think Li got that line from some movie. Sounded kinda cheesy but oh well, it was pretty epic.

As I start climbing down the ladder, I hear a little shriek. A little black ball and purple gas surrounding it is floating closer towards me.

Team:
[sprite]155[/sprite] Typhlo, Lvl 13
[sprite]21[/sprite] Frez, Lvl 10
[sprite]60[/sprite] Reggie, Lvl 9

Very amusing so far; keep at it and good luck! I hope to do a Nuzlocke run one of these days myself. Does this mean your SS CMT run is on hold?

Artemis said:
Very amusing so far; keep at it and good luck! I hope to do a Nuzlocke run one of these days myself. Does this mean your SS CMT run is on hold?

Thanks! And no - it does not mean my SS is on hold. From now on I'll probably start a... thing sort of thing where I post one or two episodes per week for the both of my big runs.

I just seriously said:
a thing sort of thing
Well, that sounded smart

Pineapple X said:
Thanks! And no - it does not mean my SS is on hold. From now on I'll probably start a... thing sort of thing where I post one or two episodes per week for the both of my big runs.

Good! I was enjoying that one too, and I look forward to seeing you work on both. :D You hadn't updated it in a bit, so I was concerned. :p

Chapter 4 is up! Now with more stupid cliifhangers. Again apologizing in advance. (and apparently typos while writing the word "cliffhanger", but I'm just gonna let it stay that way)

The ball is floating straight at my direction. I take out my Pokédex.
”Gastly, the Gas Pokémon. It wraps its opponent in its gas-like body, slowly weakening its prey by poisoning it through the skin.”
”Gee, that made me feel a lot better… Reggie? Wanna battle the Gastly?” I ask Reggie, feeling confident since Reggie’s simply a boss. Reggie nods.

I send out Reggie the Poliswaggamaster, and he shoots the Gastly with a couple of Bubbles. I take a Poké Ball out of my bag and throw it at the Gastly.

One shake. Two shakes. Three shakes. Click.

”Yeah! Nice job, Reggie!” I shout and feel like dancing, because Gastly looks so awesome. And it can kill people with poison. The Gastly gets the name Haunted. (are you satisfied, sir?)

Now I can leave Sprout Tower without any sort of poisonous gas Pokémon trying to kill us, and I take a little rest in the Pokémon Center.
”Haunted, do you wanna come with us to the gym?” I ask our new buddy. Haunted seems a bit insecure, since he hasn’t had any battles yet. He doesn’t answer me.
”Hey, buddy, it’s ok. Don’t worry. We can go training first if you feel like you don’t wanna battle yet.” Haunted seems happy and smiles.

I make my way back to ther route I came from, and Haunted starts beating up some Bellsprouts. He gains a few levels, and looks ready for the battle. A little rest in the Center before the gym challenge is necessary though.
”All right, team, are you ready to challenge the first gym?” I ask my Pokémon. They all nod and smile.

As I enter the gym, some guy with a Spearow, just like me, welcomes me.
”Hello, trainer, and welcome to Violet City’s gym! I’m Abe”, he introduces himself.
”Glad to meet you. I’m Pax. Are you the gym leader?” I ask, not really knowing who the leader even is and what he looks like.
”Oh, no, I’m just an ordinary gym trainer. Our leader, Falkner is in the back. To get there, you’ll have to battle me!” he says. ”Shall we get on with it?”
”Sure.”

Abe sends out Spearow, and I send out mine, Frez, too. Frez pecks Abe’s Spearow a couple of times, but takes a few attacks herself. I give her a Potion, just to stay on the safe side. Frez gives the other Spearow a really strong-looking Peck, and we’re done with the match.

”That was a nice match, dude. You’re ready to face Falkner. His room is that way”, says Abe and points at a wooden brigde on top of a huge pit.
”Whoa, am I seriously supposed to cross that thing? What if I fall down?” I ask, pretty concerned. I seriously don’t want my journey to end because of some maniac who likes to build weak bridges.
”Just believe in yourself.”

Great, another guy who likes cheesy lines.

I carefully take a few steps on the brigde, and feel like it’s actually safe. Soon I’m on the other side the brigde, and this weird emo guy with blue hair shouts something at me.
”Hey, I’m Falkner, the gym leader of Violet City! I assume you’re Pax”, he says when I get closer. His voice is weird. Haha.
”Yup, that’s correct, Pax it is.”
”Are you ready to battle for your first badge?”
”Do you actually have to ask?” I say with a little laugh.

Falkner sends out Pidgey, while I send out Reggie. My little Poliswag takes the Pidgey out with ease, only with a few bubble shots. Then comes the real challenge. Falkner sends out Pidgeotto, and I take Reggie and send out Typhlo. Unfortunately the Pidgeotto outspeeds Typhlo, and he has to take a Gust in the face before he manages to shoot an Ember at the bird.

I know it’s a risk. Should I count on Typhlo to survive one more Gust? Should I go for a Potion? Should I send someone else out? Pidgeotto is preparing its Gust attack, and suddenly I hear a fierce cry. Haunted jumps in front of Typhlo, just in time to block the Gust.
”Haunted! Are you ok?” I shout. My new friend doesn’t seem to be in good shape. Typhlo finishes Pidgeotto off with another Ember, surrounding it with a little fire tornado.
”Nice job, Typhlo. And gg bro Falkner, I think you just killed my Gastly.”

Falkner gives me the badge and a TM, but I don’t really care. I start hurrying to the Pokémon Center.

Team:
[sprite]155[/sprite]Typhlo, Lvl 13
[sprite]21[/sprite]Frez, Lvl 13
[sprite]60[/sprite]Reggie, Lvl 11

?:
[sprite]92[/sprite]Haunted, Lvl 8

ZOMG DAT ENDING I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN D:

And RR, I hope you're happy now. ;3

Back