koala cub

they/them
wigglytuff ex is INSANE

its attack isnt anything wild, but given that youre ideally playing supporters every turn, you're more likely than not getting that 180 damage. considering that wigglytuff's bulk is its main appeal, getting a 2hko on most mons is not bad at all.

that said, i think control style decks are going to really like wigglytuff. especially since fighting-types don't have many viable/splashable cards (besides urshifu vmax in lugia decks), wigglytuff can become borderline unkillable with a lot of defensive support. kinda reminiscent of wailord ex from the gen 6 days?

atax

Aspiring Trainer
I doubt Ting Lu is problem because he can’t ohko Wigglytuff ex and can’t shut down its ability. also Wigglytuff ex will use Dunsparce
Ting Lu can disable the Dunsparce and/or spread damage to knock it out. Still very difficult for Ting Lu to get the KO unless you use things like Radiant Alakazam, which is still only 330.

atax

Aspiring Trainer
wigglytuff ex is INSANE

its attack isnt anything wild, but given that youre ideally playing supporters every turn, you're more likely than not getting that 180 damage. considering that wigglytuff's bulk is its main appeal, getting a 2hko on most mons is not bad at all.

that said, i think control style decks are going to really like wigglytuff. especially since fighting-types don't have many viable/splashable cards (besides urshifu vmax in lugia decks), wigglytuff can become borderline unkillable with a lot of defensive support. kinda reminiscent of wailord ex from the gen 6 days?
I could see it being played with Baxcalibur and looping Cheren or Cheryl to keep Wigglytuff healthy.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Still haven't seen a single compelling argument as to why would anyone bother with Wigglytuff when we already have Oinkologne. With the band, you'd have to do 290 to ohko it (320 depending on the matchup when you have v guard energy). The only deck in the format capable of accomplishing that is Chien-Pao. Now, are you telling me that because of one fringe case where Wigglytuff would not be ohkoed, you're willing to play a deck that is evidently worse against every other matchup? WT's attack is trash, the pig has a very good, efficient attack that it can use to soften big mons up, and also easily use again after a Cheryl or Cheren's Care. You're completely missing the bigger picture and obsessing about a single factor (WT cannot realistically be ohkoed). Oink is better than Tuff, period.

atax

Aspiring Trainer
Still haven't seen a single compelling argument as to why would anyone bother with Wigglytuff when we already have Oinkologne. With the band, you'd have to do 290 to ohko it (320 depending on the matchup when you have v guard energy). The only deck in the format capable of accomplishing that is Chien-Pao. Now, are you telling me that because of one fringe case where Wigglytuff would not be ohkoed, you're willing to play a deck that is evidently worse against every other matchup? WT's attack is trash, the pig has a very good, efficient attack that it can use to soften big mons up, and also easily use again after a Cheryl or Cheren's Care. You're completely missing the bigger picture and obsessing about a single factor (WT cannot realistically be ohkoed). Oink is better than Tuff, period.
Miraidon, Lugia, Ting Lu, and Mew all have reasonable options to OHKO Oinkologne, but I think both Wigglytuff and Oinkologne are outclassed by Goodra or Duraludon as tanks. Probably not good enough in the upcoming formats outside of PTCGL ladder

jdubs4lief

Aspiring Trainer
Holy moly, Wigglytuff ex maxes out at 350HP??? That's more than any VMAX ever had (Eternatus I believe had the most with 340) and it's STILL only 2 prizes. As a good friend of mine says every time I show him anything, who on God's green earth balances this game?!?!?