JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Pidgeot V and Thorton were revealed from the Japanese set Lost Abyss, which releases in Japan on July 15th. We should see most of the cards from this set become part of our Lost Origin set in September.
Pidgeot V – Colorless – HP210
Basic Pokemon
Ability: Magnificent Vanishing Wings
Once during your turn, if this Pokemon is on your Bench, you may use this Ability. Shuffle this Pokemon and all attached cards into your deck.
[C][C][C] Flying Surf: 80+ damage. If you have a Stadium card in play, this attack does 80 more damage.
Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting...

Continue reading...

Luigi08

player of pokemon
Is that new Thornton artwork? Haven't seen new art for him since he was introduced in Pokemon Platinum - I WISH that was some sort of sign we're getting some Battle Frontier content in the mainline games but I (and everyone) knows that'd be a ridiculous connection to draw haha

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Pidgeot V - pretty nice ability yet possessing a bad atk. Maybe used to free up a bench space, but I can't think of any uses for it. It's a 210-HP V that can be KOed normally. 4
Thorton - Nanu but wider coverage. It can be broken since we are dealing with Pokemon V, in which are Basic Pokemon. I am thinking this with Cherrim BST, in which Cherrim accelerates Energy to a single-prized Basic and Thorton to a V. 4-5

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
pidgeot v - cool card. ability is the same as suicune v. stops u from decking out. but the lack of stall decks u want to counter means u have no reason to play it. attack is the power level V pokemon should have. but with palkia, arceus etc. it is incredibly weak. 2/5 (if we get a vstar or vmax, then it is 4/5 as a pre evolution.

thorton - great card. should see play at a similar level as raihan. maybe not ALL decks, but a lot of decks can put in it as a 1 off. allows u to go into a suprise vstar out of no where and get a star power in 1prize decks. it can offset t1 whiff of your evolving pokemon such as bibarel, arceus etc. And we also can do the cute combo with cherim, but that will mostly be a meme 5/5 very justified in the current meta and allows for more depth and skill level in gameplay

LilTone96

Aspiring Trainer
Pidgeot V - pretty nice ability yet possessing a bad atk. Maybe used to free up a bench space, but I can't think of any uses for it. It's a 210-HP V that can be KOed normally. 4
Thorton - Nanu but wider coverage. It can be broken since we are dealing with Pokemon V, in which are Basic Pokemon. I am thinking this with Cherrim BST, in which Cherrim accelerates Energy to a single-prized Basic and Thorton to a V. 4-5
You could say its a Ninja Boy Reprint but from the discard pile. Come back to me when we have a supporter that revels it from the prize cards.

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
Ninja Boy-esque effects always piques my interest. They have a tendency to enable unexpected combos, which I like.

With that said, since you switch the pokémon with one in the discard rather than in the deck, you can't fully surprise your opponent with Thorton. If they see a Conkeldurr V in your discard, maybe they will not attack your current active basic pokémon.

Also, if nothing else, Thorton can be used to remove Crobat V/Lumineon V out of harm's way.

Polaris

Yo, Thornton is insane. Imagine placing a Galarian Moltres or Articuno and then swapping it with a V, or swapping a Galarian Moltres V with something after charging it for a few turns. One prizers can turn into two prizers, two prizers into one-prizers, one prizers can turn into Vmax 3 prizers. This card is actually crazy

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Yo, Thornton is insane. Imagine placing a Galarian Moltres or Articuno and then swapping it with a V, or swapping a Galarian Moltres V with something after charging it for a few turns. One prizers can turn into two prizers, two prizers into one-prizers, one prizers can turn into Vmax 3 prizers. This card is actually crazy
Yeah. Its annoying to burn Energy Switch the energy since decks normally play 1 copy of these and 1 Scoop Up Net might be used in earlier turns, or being discarded, or being prized, or in the deck. This might help for surprise matchups.

Twyxle

Aspiring Trainer
Pidgeot V - it only shuffles itself, it seems iffy and the attack stinks, can prevent you from decking out but doesnt have enough HP to stall. 2/5

But thorton... the thrill of getting to swap a wailord v i charge with arceus into a reshiram amazing rare or chargin the regis to set up amazing rares is absolutely hilarious and viable, I love this card 5/5

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
The Thorton combo is right in front of our faces!

You thorton a damaged basic into pidgeot and shuffle the damage back in!
Yeah, that's likely why they were revealed together. Very straightforward combo, but there's more *fun* combos to make, right? :D

orang

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if I have a baisc pokemon played last turn, then use Thorton this turn to switch it to a new basic pokemon, can I evolve the new pokemon this turn?