Pidgeot V, Thorton from ‘Lost Abyss’!

Does that mean, no more PLA trainers?

That really kind of sucks.

Also Pidgeot looks super off model.
Not necessarily. Astral Radiance had non-Hisuian supporters like Gardenia, Grant, and Roxanne. I don't think they're going to just "stop" making Hisuian trainers anytime soon, even after this year, where I'm sure some will inevitably pop up from time to time.

I wonder if I have a baisc pokemon played last turn, then use Thorton this turn to switch it to a new basic pokemon, can I evolve the new pokemon this turn?
Any attached cards, damage counters, Special Conditions, turns in play, and any other effects remain on the new Pokemon

Thorton + Galarian baby birds= broken
this also breaks the amazing rare pokemon

Ninja Boy was an underutilized card, but when it did see play, it was game changing.

Thorton, though not as flexible as Ninja Boy (pulling from deck), will see play and should be tech'd into every Arceus build from this point onwards. I could list plays all day for Thorton, but I want to keep this post short-ish.

I will be abusing Thorton. It's not too a solid A-Tier card gets printed. 5/5.

Due to the nature of the ability it probably won't happen, I am hoping for a VSTAR or Vmax for Pidgeot.

Thorton is great. The meta is not, but its cards like this that will change that. eventually. hopefully.

Thorton has some definite potential. I'm picturing a Lunatone deck where you can swap in Basic V's from you discard pile to attack with without ever giving any bench liabilitys.

I wonder if I have a baisc pokemon played last turn, then use Thorton this turn to switch it to a new basic pokemon, can I evolve the new pokemon this turn?
Yes. The card says the amount of turns in play stays the same, among everything else like status conditions and attached cards.

Back