Philly Fall Regs thread w/ Info

Well he was.still good :L

Plus Terrakion can be a teensy bit annoying when it's combined with your worst matchup.

alexmf2 said:
Well he was.still good :L

Plus Terrakion can be a teensy bit annoying when it's combined with your worst matchup.

Tell me about it xD
Also, I ran into someone who played a deck I never even heard of it (Amoongus/Ninetales)

2nd Gina Lombardi Terra ex mewtwo roserade
3rd jimmy p hammertime terra
4th look on pokegym maybe terra ex?

I just found it interesting that hammertime won. and apparently the "secret deck" for this tournament was darkrai/roserade, or something along those lines.

Yeah that was VA SD it didn't do very well. It got 4th though iirc. I hated it personally.

Glace said:

WHAT.

HOW.

I played against him and he used ALL FIVE BENCH spots when I was using Empoleon. I lost because I drew dead, but how the heck did he get second??!!!

Edit: Maybe it was someone else, but I'm 99% sure that's who it was, and it was that deck too.

Edit 2: I'm positive it was him. I am not understanding how someone could make that kind of mistake against a deck like that and yet still win a tournament.

Uh I don't think he did. And anyways he was a lot better before, he's gotten a little worse.

Blah said:
Glace said:

WHAT.

HOW.

I played against him and he used ALL FIVE BENCH spots when I was using Empoleon. I lost because I drew dead, but how the heck did he get second??!!!

Edit: Maybe it was someone else, but I'm 99% sure that's who it was, and it was that deck too.

Edit 2: I'm positive it was him. I am not understanding how someone could make that kind of mistake against a deck like that and yet still win a tournament.

well, you know I'm always a nervous wreck at every tournament for the first couple rounds, so maybe he could be facing something similar to that?

Also, using up all 5 of your bench slots isn't always a mistake vs empoleon...

I know it isn't ALWAYS a mistake, but with Terrakion, it definitely is. They auto-lose if I manage to swarm the Empoleons because with Max potion, I wreck the prize trade unless they aren't getting two hit KO'd.

Glace said:
I usually use a single Terrakion EX vs it. Eviolited, of course.

Exactly, that's the main way Terrakion can win against Empoleon. I'm not sure how it's possible when your bench is full (unless they draw dead like I did, however.)

did you have any empoleon in play when he filled up his bench? If not then he could've been planing to use support pokemon like rosearade to grab catchers and rid your field of empoleon :|

Glace said:
He got 3rd at Worlds, ya know.

He also won Nationals and has consistently played in Worlds since 2008. He's an incredible player. He came over before my Top 16 match with Ryan Sabelhaus(Who won) and said "If you don't beat this guy, I won't win this. So beat him and prove me wrong in Top 2."

Also, It's GinO. Gina would imply a female, Gino Lombardi is male.

He used up 5 bench slots, a crucial mistake according to you... and yet he still outsped you and won the game. Sounds like a smart play to me.

ApachePrime said:
Glace said:
He got 3rd at Worlds, ya know.

He also won Nationals and has consistently played in Worlds since 2008. He's an incredible player. He came over before my Top 16 match with Ryan Sabelhaus(Who won) and said "If you don't beat this guy, I won't win this. So beat him and prove me wrong in Top 2."

Also, It's GinO. Gina would imply a female, Gino Lombardi is male.

He used up 5 bench slots, a crucial mistake according to you... and yet he still outsped you and won the game. Sounds like a smart play to me.

Actually, I played it bad and got rid of my hand in a huge combo to get Emolga out. If I had waited it out, I would have won.

On that thought, I realize why he did it. I started Terrakion, so he must have not known what I was playing.

Back