• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Phat Ratz! (winter coat edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Charizard

Aspiring Trainer
Alolan Raticate is back and with a new look! Tested at several tournaments and did quite well for itself, but I’d like to see how you guys think I can fix ‘er up! Here’s the list:

Phat Ratz Deck:

Pokemon:16

3 Alolan Rattata (CST 84/168)
3 Alolan Raticate-GX (CST 85/168)
2 Frost Rotom (ULP 41/156)
2 Heat Rotom (ULP 24/156)
1 Fan Rotom (ULP 110/156)
1 Rotom (ULP 50/156)
1 Rotom (FBL 40/131)
1 Mow Rotom (ULP 14/156)
1 Marshadow (SHL 45/73)
1 Oranguru (SUM 113/149)

Items:31

4 Ultra Ball (SUM 135/149)
3 Acro Bike (CST 123/168)
3 Adventure Bag (LOT 167/214)
3 Bodybuilding Dumbbells (BUS 113/147)
3 Escape Board (ULP 122/156)
3 Max Potion (GUR 128/145)
3 Poison Barb (SUM 124/149)
2 Choice Band (GUR 121/145)
2 Nest Ball (SUM 123/149)
2 Rescue Stretcher (GUR 130/145)
2 Weakness Polioy (BUS 126/147)
1 Field Blower (GUR 125/145)

Supporters:10

3 Sightseer (LOT 189/214)
3 Sophocles (BUS 123/147)
2 Cynthia (ULP 119/156)
2 Guzma (BUS 115/147)

Stadiums:3

3 Shrine of Punishment (CST 143/168)

Anything that might be overlooked in use against the shifting meta, I’m a much more reactive player than predictive, haha. I am tossing the idea around of adding Mr. Mime (Retieval Lock) and Spell Tag to help me hit numbers more effectively, Acerola and co. hurt quite a lot with such a restrictive damage cap. But can’t decide on how to fit them in. Mr. Mime, at least, is a must.

Are there any possible answaer to Shuckle GX? I like Rotom, but that turtle keeps me away from building it.

Nothing I can think of, but no one at the two locals I attend uses Shuckle-GX, but that is definitely something to watch out for, as that card is indeed problematic, Poison Barb and Shrine are about it, and that’s such a slow, easily avoidable death, :(

Untile the new stadium from Full Metal Wall, Shuckle will be a pain bringer I think.
Anyway, what do you think about replace rats with Zebstrika? You can use Shrine of Punishment in that case, and you give away your 2 prizes attackers.

I thought about Zebstrika, but it’s two biggest problems are not having control over the discards, and that I already have enough trouble getting damage out with Raticate, having Rotom as my only attacker would be very bad. And I do use Shrine, to very good effect, and new Stadium? I’ll need to look into that.

Already getting Mr. Mime for all the Acerola-loving Zoroark and Gardevoir users out there.

Oh, Shuckle GX...
Try Alolan Muk and using Alolan Raticate GX’s attack game-long.
That’s the best solution to this problem.

You do know Alolan Muk shuts down nearly my entire deck, yeah?

Abandoned Power Plant will be pretty fun though, :)

Maybe you can add Alolan Muk and Grimer, and replace rats with cats! Alolan Meowth and Persian LOT can 2hko Shuckle and you won't run out of items, with Muk on the bench.
Then, change your Rotoms into 3 psychic, 1 lighting, 1 frost and 1 or two fan. Then, add Mysterious Treasure (grab Rotom and Muk line and discard items if needed) and add a couple of Spell Tags too!
Sorry for the sparse ideas!

That does sound like a funsies idea for a seperate deck, but again, the instant Alolan Muk touches the table, Rotom is useless, :/

I know, but I would not ccomfortablewith a deck which can be completely shutted down by a single card. Muk + Raticate or Persian give you a way to play even against mill, which is a consistent presence in the meta right now. Anyway, I'd remove Mow Rotom and Heat Rotom, and add two psychic Rotom. Then you should find some room for Kukui, which let you to hit 130.

Then can you explain just how I’m supposed to do a single thing within a Rotom-centric strategy using a card like Muk that literally shuts down my attack force? Don’t get me wrong, I really like Muk, I use it in other things, but it literally cannot work together with Rotom.

As for Persian, you suggested using it against Shuckle, but it can’t do anything against Shuckle, Mow Rotom and Heat Rotom are in there as meta calls, my local metas still have Decidueye/Zoroark and things like that still being popular, that’s the primary reason I still use them. Until Power Plant comes out it’s one of the easiest ways to slow up Zoroark enough to take em out.

Muk + Persian (or Raticate) is your only way to bypass Shuckle :)
Mow Rotom is bad, an Hammer is a better way to remove energies, unless in your meta there are things like Suicune and Lapras too. But it can't ohko Lycanrock even with Choice Band and Shrine. If you want to keep it there, add at least a couple of Kukui :)
Heat Rotom has the same problem as above with Decidueye: it can't ohko it even with Choice Band and Shrine. In this case Ku?ui is not your friend, because you will probably need to Guzma the Decidueye. Consider that it is 2hkoed by psychic or lighting Rotom anyway :)

Sorry, was at work so had ta rush. But wanted to say, in fear of my posts sounding nasty, that I simply don’t understand the insistence on Muk when it directly destroys my primary attackers :)

Muk + Persian (or Raticate) is your only way to bypass Shuckle :)
Mow Rotom is bad, an Hammer is a better way to remove energies, unless in your meta there are things like Suicune and Lapras too. But it can't ohko Lycanrock even with Choice Band and Shrine. If you want to keep it there, add at least a couple of Kukui :)
Heat Rotom has the same problem as above with Decidueye: it can't ohko it even with Choice Band and Shrine. In this case Ku?ui is not your friend, because you will probably need to Guzma the Decidueye. Consider that it is 2hkoed by psychic or lighting Rotom anyway :)

There are other random things I keep it for, but I have thought about dropping a Heat Rotom for the Mr. Mime, and Mow Rotom for an Enhanced Hammer actually sounds good, but I couldn’t just do a straight 1v1 swap, as Hammer is not nearly as searchable, in fact the only direct method is Item Maniac, so I would need at least 2...

If you swap a Ditto Prism Star in for a Rattata, then Muk only takes up one deck slot.

And besides, Muk is only there for Shuckle-GX; at that point, Rotom is useless anyway. You aren't really losing much by putting it in.

I guess at 1 copy it isn’t a bad idea, if I already have an attacker ready to go, but no one in my local meta runs Shuckle, so it’ll be a back burner idea as I am branching out to wider venues.

How integral to your general strategy are those rats? I ask because Shrine without Acerola kinda hurts their case. 2 copies of Devoured Field to help with some numbers wouldn't be out of question.

Either way, Ditto <> and Magcargo would do you wonders. Since you should be working on an empty hand mid-game, Mags/Guru grants you limitless stamina.

Finally, (P) Rotom should be your main attacker, with (L) Rotom as backup and the elemental ones as meta-call. Work their numbers accordingly. And maybe, just maybe, Marshadow-GX for coverage against Zoroark-GX.

Hope I could help. Good Luck, man.

Very much so, as a no-energy deck (the entire point), so anything requiring energy to attack won’t work, such as Marshadow-GX. Muk will sit in my deck box in case Shuckle shows up before May, otherwise I’ll just get Power Plants haha. Though I do like that Magcargo idea, I’ll have to try that one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back