'Phantom Gate' Scans and Translations! [9/10]

I personally would like to see a special SR version as our 7th EX (not gonna happen) but I would bet strongly on it not being Gallade as it is going to be released in the same way as the other box promo EXs. But as far as reprint wise, I would love to see some trainers that Japan has, or maybe a Mewtwo EX. Whatever it is, I'm just glad this set brings us some awesome new cards to change up the format and will definitely try and use 1 Malamar EX in my Yveltal/Dark Trance deck.

I'm going to be mad if the 7th EX is Full Metal Dialga. That's what it's looking like now.

I suppose that one could be possible but seems just a bit unlikely. The full metal Dialga is really no different (looks aside) from a regular EX and a FA EX, like Malamar EX or Florges EX.

Pikachu6319 said:
I suppose that one could be possible but seems just a bit unlikely. The full metal Dialga is really no different (looks aside) from a regular EX and a FA EX, like Malamar EX or Florges EX.
I agree that it's unlikely, but I feel like the Pokemon Company might just be pulling or leg (our one, giant collective leg)

ninjajelli said:
simsands said:
During your opponent's turn, prevent all effects of attacks done to this Pokemon by your opponents Pokemon.

That's not overpowered.
Do you think it's "all effects" - including damage?

I checked the original japanese translation of Dark Rush Espeon, and it reads "As long as this Pokemon is in play, prevent all effects of your opponent’s Pokemon’s attacks done to any of your Pokemon with Energy attached to them." The official English translation in Dark Explorers says that prevents all effects EXCLUDING damage. If that is to be taken into consideration, then Slurpuff's attack prevents every effect of an attack except for damage. I think my work is done here.

*Exits*

Wigglytuff said:
Pikachu6319 said:
I agree that it's unlikely, but I feel like the Pokemon Company might just be pulling or leg (our one, giant collective leg)

After looking carefully at the Pokemon website I think the 7th ex will be the full metal

GadgetJax said:
ninjajelli said:
Do you think it's "all effects" - including damage?

I checked the original japanese translation of Dark Rush Espeon, and it reads "As long as this Pokemon is in play, prevent all effects of your opponent’s Pokemon’s attacks done to any of your Pokemon with Energy attached to them." The official English translation in Dark Explorers says that prevents all effects EXCLUDING damage. If that is to be taken into consideration, then Slurpuff's attack prevents every effect of an attack except for damage. I think my work is done here.

*Exits*

I hope that's not the case. It would just be another broken card that everyone would have to tech for, further limiting deck possibilities.

pokedan24 said:
GadgetJax said:

*Exits*

I hope that's not the case. It would just be another broken card that everyone would have to tech for, further limiting deck possibilities.

Why's that? All damage goes through. It's Special Conditions from an attack, Energy Discards, and Damage Counters what it stops.

^

My bad, I misread it as "all effects of attacks including damage." As it is, that's pretty good, but thankfully not broken. It reminds me of a fan fake I made.

Wigglytuff said:
I'm going to be mad if the 7th EX is Full Metal Dialga. That's what it's looking like now.

Since the Pokemon website specifically mentions the Full Metal Dialga, I don't think that's going to be the 7th EX. Plus, they're not counting Full Arts in general with the EX numbers, so I don't see why they would for that one.

blackbeltdude said:
Wigglytuff said:

Since the Pokemon website specifically mentions the Full Metal Dialga, I don't think that's going to be the 7th EX. Plus, they're not counting Full Arts in general with the EX numbers, so I don't see why they would for that one.

That's very true and it's something I was wondering myself. The full art ex aren't being counted towards the official count of 7 but I have a feeling that the 7th will be the full metal version of dialga...sadly I could really see them counting that as a totally seperate card :(

Honestly, after looking back, I think I judged this set too harshly. This set, in all honesty, is better than Rising Fist in almost every way. Better Pokemon, better Trainers, good Ghosts to combat the Fighting Type threat, and really nice artwork.
-

As noted eariler, there is a M. Diancie EX box coming in January. That makes me think we'll have Diancie EX in this set .

Also, it took me a while to notice that the hyper metal rush deck has a metal Klefki which means we should get that in our English set. Yay, something besides the EX's in this set to look forward to for me.

Really looking forward to Phantom Forces. I love Psychic types so great the next set is based around M-Gengar-EX.

I wonder if we will ever get a set based on M-Alakazam, that remains the dream anyway, but Gengar shall suffice in the meantime.

Can't wait for Phantom Forces!

In that set, I believe the tool-blocking Goodra has the potential of becoming one of the top 10 game-changing cards in the entire XY format! After prerelease, when we can use the cards freely, Goodra will get you, VirGen, and your G-Booster too! When Goodra is on bench OR active, VirGen can't attach G-Booster in the hopes of doing 200, and will have to settle for Red Signaling the problem(Goodra), and respond with Megalo Cannon against Goodra for 100 at the minimum: 4 Deoxys in play at the time of that move's use will add 40 to that same 100, resulting in a 1HKO against Goodra, but I don't think many people will want 4 Deoxys and VirGen all in same deck...

^ Of course, in this set, M-Gengar-EX, at least in my book, is likely to outclass Goodra when such list comes out...

Back