'Phantom Gate' Scans and Translations! [9/10]

first

Manectric looks really good! A pretty nice setup Pokemon that could put Yveltal out of commision, but only time can tell. Lysandre's Last Resort is a great big YES! from me. It may not be too good, but I've been waiting for a card like this for a very, VERY long time.

No more deck-out wins again! :D

I sent some other scans to the PB Skype Group, ofc, in Japanese, I hope they also get translated!

EDIT:

And 800th Post!

No more "I'm out of Plasma Energy" "I'm out of DCE" "I'm out of Lysandre"! :D

YES! Finally something to shuffle the discard in.. I guess the effect was too big for just one player. But could see play similar to that of N, where opponents count on having cards in the discard, be it trainers or discarded energies (Yveltal/Landorus). As well as for those times where opponent thin out their decks to get what they need.. Accelgor/Trevenant would have hated this.

I'm LOVING the Manectric line, specially with the Flare Tools for opponents

Not gonna lie... that ManectricEX is pretty hot. Also it's interesting how they named the Lysandre card as an action instead of just a plain name as they have been doing lately. It's like the older Supporter cards that had actions or possessions. (eg. Roseanne's Research, Steven's Advice)

EDIT: Looking through Tamaki's Twitter posts, something that caught my eye was a cute little robot Team Flare Substitute that says 30HP on it and also a Manectric Spirit Link.

Going to keep updating this post as cards come in.

Manetric is...interesting? It can do a ton of damage for two energy and has a decent first attack but the fighting weakness hurts it a lot and currently Yveltal isn't seeing a lot of play.

Lysandre's Last Resort is funny but bad, since it helps your opponent just as much as it helps you. It's an incredibly powerful effect but not really playable at the moment. Noting that it kills any kind of mill deck for the next two formats though lol (not that there's any even remotely competitive mill at the moment).

Substitute Robot is...what? Seems bad, but I have no idea how played Clefairy Doll was when that was legal.

Malamar EX is meh, the sleep from the attachment is gimmicky and Yveltal is a more consistent attacker.

Gourgeist lmao, it's really funny but that attack is one of the worst I have ever seen.

Slurpuff might be good, but the lack of search in the format kinda hurts it. You're never really going to be able to consistently get it active every turn either.

Pyroar is cool but bad, way too hard to activate consistently and the attack is atrocious.

All right! I've been waiting for this. Manectric EX looks pretty powerful and from what I saw, the mega is pretty good too. Imagine both of them in conjunction with Mew EX and dimensional valley. You could easily get 120 for a single energy!

Holy crap that Malamar EX is scary looking!

Clefairy Doll is back in robot form!

Malamar EX and Gourgeist look fab <3

lol at the Team Flare Substitute doll.

During your opponent's turn, prevent all effects of attacks done to this Pokemon by your opponents Pokemon.

That's not overpowered.

simsands said:
During your opponent's turn, prevent all effects of attacks done to this Pokemon by your opponents Pokemon.

That's not overpowered.
Do you think it's "all effects" - including damage?

ninjajelli said:
simsands said:

That's not overpowered.
Do you think it's "all effects" - including damage?

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure. If you look at Sigilyph's Safeguard, it says 'Including damage', while Espeon's Solar Revelation says 'except damage'.

If the card is printed in english with that exact translation, I don't see why it would not include damage, if nothing else has been specified.

I'd like to think that the Doll is a viable option for players that want to play Megas that don't have Spirit Links.
Pyroar has a nice ability, but the attack is crap!

Heatran is bad and expensive.. again :(

Any ideas on when you can play the Substitute Robot? It sounds like you can't have it in your bench, so do you play it from your hand to move the current active Pokemon out of the way?

2D Pyroar, Slurpuff, Heliolisk and Gourgeist art! I'm so excited right now!

Did anyone else notice were finally getting Gen 6 Pokemon without 5ban graphics artwork? Malamar EX full art is by Ryo Eudo! This set has some great artwork

simsands said:
Any ideas on when you can play the Substitute Robot? It sounds like you can't have it in your bench, so do you play it from your hand to move the current active Pokemon out of the way?
I'm thinking that you just play it on top of your Active and discard it when it dies. If you had to move the current Active to the Bench, then it would mean possible having more than 5 Benched Pokemon, so that can't be the rule.

EDIT: Oh no, it's the Team Flare hairdryer!

GadgetJax said:
Pyroar/Emboar/Delphox, make it happen!

dBbOj3d.jpg

Back