Ruling Phantom Gate and Korrina

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Hi, I have a couple of questions about M Gengar EX and Korrina.
Q1: Can M Gengar EX use Phantom Gate to use G Booster if I have said G Booster attached to one of my Genesect EX?
Q2: Can Korrina grab an Item but not a [F] Pokémon? Ex: I play, say, Blastoise/Keldeo. Am I allowed to use Korrina even though I know I have no [F] Pokémon?
35-m-gengar-ex.jpg
92-g-booster.jpg
111-korrina.jpg
Thank you!

Q1: No. Mega Gengar cannot copy G Booster. It does not belong to Genesect. Genesect is allowed to use it when it is attached to Genesect

Q2: Yes. Your deck is private knowledge. So you may use Korrina to search just for an item.

For the first question, Gengar-EX (and Mew-EX, Zoroark, etc. for that matter) cannot copy G-Booster. G-Booster is not printed on Genesect-EX; it's simply able to use the attackif it has the tool equipped. Genesect-EX's only attack is Megalo Cannon. Additionally, Phantom Gate can only copy attacks from your opponent's Pokemon, not your own. You could only use Megalo Cannon if your opponent has a Genesect-EX in play, but would still be unable to use G-Booster even if that Pokemon had it attached.

As for the second question, the answer is yes. The contents of your deck are not public knowledge and are not tracked by the game state. Any search for a specific sort of card can be failed. You can play Korrina and grab only a Fighting Pokemon or only an Item if you so desired, or if there were none of one of those left in the deck. You can even play a Korrina and take nothing at all if you so desired. It's even legal to play Korrina, only take an Item, then pplay another search card (for example Ultra Ball) and take a Fighting Pokemon that you "failed" to find earlier. However, if you are playing a deck that does not run any Fighting Pokemon, it would be wise to play Skyla rather than Korrina, as she lets you grab any Trainer, not just Items.

Edit: Sniped! xD

Thank you for the replies! I use Skyla atm, but once it's rotated I wanted to know if Korrina could be almost a replacement.

That's fine. Just remember, that Skyla can get you a Trainer card and Korrina only gets Items

Back