BW/BW2 Petition to make Nintendo revoke their decision

Should Nintendo's decision be (attempted to) be overturned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright now I see. Has WPM told them that he legitimately bought Black/White, and just wanted to show everyone on his forum about the great- new-pokemon-which-in-turn-would-give-Nintendo-more-money?

I mean seriously, could Nintendo not just gaze the forums, actually noticing, that all talk about ROM's was prohibited. I mean, there's even a topic.

Sign me up. I can understand removing pictures of pre-release leaks and ROM leaks, but now Pokebeach actually has the games and they have been out in Japan for a little while anyways. There is no legal reason for Nintendo being allowed to do this.

Exactly. If I leaked some fake info (which I won't do) Nintendo don't take it down. If I reveal legit info from the real game, j get asked to take it down. This all against ROMs, so why prohibit WPM? Unless they want to make a profit from leaking.

All of ya, on.

Nintendo sometimes doesn't make rigth decisions. ¬_¬ I mean,its true.Fan Pokemon Sites are the best way to know about the games in the language you understand.Nintendo telling people to remove Black and White images is just...UNFAIR AND STUPID.Unfair because people want to know the Pokemon,try selecting their teams,eager to see Gamefreak's work and people that want to draw the new 156 Pokemon... (COUGHCOUGHMECOUGHCOUGH)
Besides,this juts helps the sales,MOAR AND MOAR fans are eager to see the images and make their decisions to buy the game or not,to see if its good or not,and doing this only makes them mad and undecided.Stupid because...WELL,ITS JUST PLAIN STUPID.Really,this makes Nintendo look like jerks... ._. Besides,I heard that they shut down the Global Link because something the fans said,or their petitions I think.Well,if its true,it was FAIR (YES,FAIR) because of what they have done.So,Nintendo,YOU ACT LIKE TOTAL JERKS SOMETIMES. :mad: (Even though Nintendo is and will always be my favorite videogame company... ._. )

And,obviously I wanna join.Please sign me in!

They closed the Global Link for 10 days due to traffic, (but really I bet it was due to angry Pokemon fans wanting their sites back to normal XD)

I'd like to send an e-mail to Nintendo. Anyone know which would be the correct address for this specific issue?

Nintendo are just being unnecessary. Just because posting images isn't explicitly stated to be "legal" doesn't make it "illegal". :/

I'll support you guys.

@ K-Obsessed: I believe the letter came from the American branch of Nintendo. If you want to e-mail them, try that.

@ K-obsessed

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform.jsp

On the drop down list you can choose ‘Corporate Questions‘ and in the second drop down ‘Trademark/Copyright Questions‘.

Here is a pre-typed letter from Poke jungle.com too send to them if anyone wants, just sign it at the bottom when your done:

Dear Nintendo,

I’ve seen several Pokemon fansites take down their images of the newest Pokemon Black and White games at your request. I just wanted to write in to express my dissatisfaction with this request. We as fans would like to know all about the games that your company publishes and would like to fully appreciate the long hard work Game Freak has put into this new generation of Pokemon games. It seems uncharacteristic for Nintendo to be so harsh on sites that only wish to see your games thrive and help build the community around them. It hurts not only fans, but also our image of Nintendo as a company. We hope you would reconsider your recent actions taken against sites such as Serebii (http://serebii.net) and PokeBeach (http://pokebeach.com).

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
X

I think that, if you want them to listen to you, you will at least need to give them real names and locations (state or country).
One person could own more then one username. And you could just copy the usernames from the forum. So I don't think 1000 usernames will really impress them.

p.s. Poke-Jungle is already taking action as well. You might want to join up with him.

@K-Obsessed - You deserve to win the "Nintendo Slayer" award or something for having the determination to e-mail them directly. XD Seriously man, this reminds me of one of those situations where only "The Chosen One" can make a difference...

@Timeshift. It IS illegal to make unauthorized copies of copyrighted material. They just condoned it in the past. And unfortunately have decided to no longer condone it.

All you can do is express your disappointment at their decision. But I would not try and tell them what they can and can't do. They have every right to decide what happens to their games and the sprites within those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back