Paradox Pokemon Cards and Return of ACE SPEC Mechanic Revealed at Worlds!

Scream Tail - actually a good replacement for Drifloon in Garde ex. same combo, Bravery Charm for 140 HP, so that's 6 energy from Psychic Embrace, so that's 120 DMG, then multiplier is 20x PER DAMAGE = 240 DMG SNIPE. moi gusto.

Iron Bundle - Irida searchable, good. Escape Rope for opponent, bad but depends on the situation. good counter to Stage 1/2 decks. can escape from harm. meh.

Iron Moth - GLC :| haven't played enough Standard Fire decks, so i'm sorry haha!

Brute Bonnet - ok so at first, meh but then, plug it in the Alolan Raticate deck, remove Paldean Clodsire. not affected by path, single-prizer, GREAT.

Roaring Moon ex - jesus holy christ... Dark Patchable... great Darkrai VStar support!

Iron Valiant ex - my last comment basically sums it all up. HAS A LOT OF POTENTIAL.

excited for N's Rhypherior's anlysis! ??
About brute bonnet:

If booster energy is like the VG and is discarded after one use, then paldean closure ex won't be supplanted by anything better here...

Scream Tail:

Saguaro increases the max damage to 260, but Damage pump is also an option to move an odd counter to allow ST to reach the magic 130 for the 260...

Back to sleep...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it possible that Ancient Booster Energy Capsule is a Tool card? The fact it is called energy capsule rather than just energy makes it sound more like a tool card.

I wish they showed one of the new ACE SPEC cards, or teased one, just to get a glimpse of their scope and power level.

(Gardy starts loading energy onto Scream Tail)

“cause at the end of the day, long as there's two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want squawkabilly knocked out.”

(And that’s before tools on scream tail)

So Giratina VSTAR needs to jump through hoops to get a free knock-out - and it's in a Tier 1 deck - but Pokemon thinks it's a good idea to just print it as a regular attack, with barely any serious downside.

Scream Tail - can someone explain? That's just weak spread, yo! 3
Brute Bonnet - Ancient Booster Energy Capsule, Poisons both active, yeah. We've seen those abilities and nothing special. 3
Iron Bundle - OMG! Ridiculous card! I'm gonna play it as a 1-of. You know that I'll be excited for it. 5
Iron Moth - we've seen this on Cinderace before. It ain't good considering having the lamest atk to support with. 3
Roaring Moon ex - Dark Patch, Moltres for few months, easy to pull off. I love this card. 5
Iron Valiant ex - aside from a deck on it's own, Lost Box might use this a damage snipe pivot. Screw Hawlucha atm. 5 Geodudes.

okay, initially thought Iron Valiant was underwhelming but now that i think about it...

imagine a board state where your opponent has 2 VMaxes or 2 Vs or exes or 2 single-prizers, 1 on the brink of death, the other within 200dmg range...

promote IV then ability for the 2 dmg snipe then attack for the double KO then draw 6/4/3/2 prizes.

also, the ability doesn't have a limit so you "can" play 4 IVs then switch them out (lost box lol) for 8 dmg snipes.

Garde ex just might live post-rotation! oh and ACE SPEC cards ✨✨✨✨
Not for long. As what I have said before, when that Moonlight Cave release in English in 2024, Gardevoir will lose a lot of stuff:

- Zacian V
- Mew
- CHR Gardevoir
- Fog Crystal
- Level Ball
- VIP Pass

Kind of sad that they didn't wait for this set to do iron treads and great tusk ex with these epic designs. With like the sort of bland 3d art they had it could've really helped. Paradox pokemon cards are super unique though and fits the mons well. Overall, pretty sweet reveal
They might do another Great tusk and iron treads with this design at some point hopefully, it's not abnormal for them to do more than one of the same Pokemon as we have seen.

Ace specs are back? from the BW era? around the time where BW Remakes could be announced in 2024, that timing to bring back a BW TCG mechanic is pretty good. Imagine if we see a reprint of Comp Search and Dowsing Machine, the 2 best Ace specs of the BW era.

The Paradox Pokemon categories of Ancient and Future is reminding me a lot of Rapid and Single Strike.

I am really excited for what has been revealed, the Ace specs returning and the Paradox Pokemon.

Scream Tail - actually a good replacement for Drifloon in Garde ex. same combo, Bravery Charm for 140 HP, so that's 6 energy from Psychic Embrace, so that's 120 DMG, then multiplier is 20x PER DAMAGE = 240 DMG SNIPE. moi gusto.

Iron Bundle - Irida searchable, good. Escape Rope for opponent, bad but depends on the situation. good counter to Stage 1/2 decks. can escape from harm. meh.

Iron Moth - GLC :| haven't played enough Standard Fire decks, so i'm sorry haha

Brute Bonnet - ok so at first, meh but then, plug it in the Alolan Raticate deck, remove Paldean Clodsire. not affected by path, single-prizer, GREAT.

Roaring Moon ex - jesus holy christ... Dark Patchable... great Darkrai VStar support!

Iron Valiant ex - my last comment basically sums it all up. HAS A LOT OF POTENTIAL.

excited for N's Rhypherior's anlysis! ??
Drif is better more damage, but def using both in my gardy deck . It's a better cressilla

BIG fan of the Ancient and Future templates
Thats how past and future Pokemon should have been, with specific arquetypes; not sure why they drop the Domphans so early and without any kind of special feature, I think that most people dont have even realized they exist due how mediocre and lackluster they are... And now they are out of the archetypes which make it worse for them

Future looks to be related to move pokemons
Delibird move the Pokemon of the rival
Volcarona get any energy it want when it moves from bench to active
Gallade make damage when it moves as well

But Ancient doenst look to have any specific theme...

Iron Treads and Great Tusk are the only ones you encounter outside of Area Zero in the games so it makes sense to a degree, even if it is kinda unfortunate

Now that I've seen the cards more or less properly, I for one am looking forward to seeing them released in November. This should be promising.

Back