Over 20 Million Yen of Pokemon Cards Robbed from Tokyo Store in Just Two Minutes

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
It’s that time again — more Pokemon TCG crime!
A late-night robbery has claimed nearly $140,000 in Pokemon cards from a card shop in Ikebukuro, Tokyo. On December 10th, two masked robbers broke into “Trading Card Highlight” and stole over 300 Pokemon cards. The store estimates the cards were worth 20 million yen.
The card shop posted video of the robbery to their Twitter account. One of the robbers is seen smashing the glass card displays with a hammer, ignoring verbal warnings from the store’s security system, and stuffing the Pokemon cards into a backpack. The robbers did not attempt to steal cash from the store’s registers. The pair of thieves are heard telling each other “You have one minute left” and “Hurry!” before taking off.
 The Tokyo Metroplican...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I know Japanese versions have different prices, but TFW you regret not buying Full Art Cynthia & Caitlin back when it was around $50-60 (now $130+), and these thieves casually left it behind.

I know Japanese versions have different prices, but TFW you regret not buying Full Art Cynthia & Caitlin back when it was around $50-60 (now $130+), and these thieves casually left it behind.
Even the criminals must comply to the season of giving.

tbh if you’re gonna steal then steal from a major retailer that can easily eat the cost lol, but not a local card shop!! that’s just low

I feel like the fact that nearly $140,000 USD worth of cards was stolen in under two minutes is…Very telling to how expensive tcg has gotten over the years. for 300 cards that makes each card roughly $460. Thats nuts.

Back