ORAS Overview Trailer! [9/3]

alex020295 said:
TomoEGoto said:
So Japan and some stores in Europe gets figurines for preordering..
Europe is getting a steel book...
What does that leave for America?

... anyway I think the Creation trio may make a comeback or even the Brain trio for that matter.
Here's hoping the events like one with Mew and the opposite Eon are coming back, too.

America gets the games one week earlier that's fair enough don't you think?

Not really. Japan does too. So America /should/ get a pre-order bonus. Not exactly fair otherwise...

I still find it a pathetic that the eshop can only offer 12 Quick Balls. I would imagine the eshop could offer something much more unique such as discounts, free 3DS themes or even a Mega Stone. The European figurines also look like trash compared to the Japanese ones.

It's nice to know that secret bases will be much more accessible and worthwhile now though. If you didn't have that many friends who had the game in the GBA days they were kind of worthless.

Well to be fair when it comes to the figures, I have a theory. Next March we'll get some kind of Primal Kyogre/Primal Groudon boxes that will come with the figures, 4 packs and some promo/cosmo foil card. Just like we did with the M. Charizard figures and M. Lucario figure, and the Xerneas and Yveltal figures.

We already know some bonuses. Toys R Us is offering a Chariard plush after all, Gamestop is doing a poster I think. The latter is definently not better than a steel case or the like, but it's something.

I have mixed feelings. I'm still sore about Rustboro "City" now being a place full of gound level houses and no tall buildings and the new evil teams' redesign. Glad to see that in cutscenes, people are in their normal size, because Maxie seemed way too much like bobblehads.
I'll buy the game when it's at a lower price, since it doesn't feel as new as when going from Gold to Sapphire. That said, I know I'll still enjoy myself.

Pikachu6319 said:
Well to be fair when it comes to the figures, I have a theory. Next March we'll get some kind of Primal Kyogre/Primal Groudon boxes that will come with the figures, 4 packs and some promo/cosmo foil card. Just like we did with the M. Charizard figures and M. Lucario figure, and the Xerneas and Yveltal figures.

We already know some bonuses. Toys R Us is offering a Chariard plush after all, Gamestop is doing a poster I think. The latter is definently not better than a steel case or the like, but it's something.

Poster is for if you pre-order during the Mega Stone event, so that doesn't really count. Though I would think there'd be an announcement for something, besides Toys R Us.

Well, it does look nice, I'll give it that. But then again, the graphics were never my problem with this game in the first place.

I had a theory for the Pikachu in the cutscene, remember there was that specific Pikachu you could only dress up....
So like the Farfetch'd from GSC/HGSS you have to catch the Pikachu because it escaped (It looks like you get it early, because that area looks like Petalburg Forrest with the way the grass ist) it's owner. Just a thought here. I don't think they'll go all that trouble just to animate one Pokemon. Then again it might not be a Pikachu, it could've been a trainer.

I'm thinking like before Rayquaza is only accessible after beating the E4 because in Emerald you can readily get it after it cleared up the whole Kyorge/Groudon dispute.

Also, Wallace was the last gym leader in RS so no doubt he'll be the one you face and Steven will reprise his E4 Champion status. Assuming they haven't thrown some Emerald stuff in it.

Speaking of Emerald, I noticed on the map the lower right portion is covered by some clouds and I see a bit of a island under it.... Battle Frontier?

You see Brendan and May both in the Meteor Falls. Maybe your rival gets more role this time! Also Mossdeepcity looks amazing too!! Maybe there comes an event or post-game linked with the racket. That part with Pikachu tail looks like a place near the place where you get the Castform in the originals, because you see long grass..

I hope the Pikachu tail thing is a sign that they're playing with the idea of making wild pokemon more visible in the overworld (beyond just the shaking grass spots from gen V and the XY Pokeradar). Probably in this game it would be a thing unique to Pikachus, but maybe they'll use that as a stepping stone to expand to other pokemon.

Pokemon distancing itself a little from JRPG "random encounter out of nowhere, fade to battle scene" tradition could only mean good things, I think. You get more pokemon represented in the overworld and give players more information in the gameplay.

Bapozos said:
Seven is a Color said:
Everything about this was amazing.

I think 2:50 is one of the transitional bridges between E4 rooms that were in the originals. Where is 2:54 (Mega Lopunny vs Banette) at, though?

I believe that to be an entrance somewhere on Mt. Chimney, with all the ash and whatnot. My other guess would have to be the walkway towards Elite Four Sidney... yeah.

Mega Lopunny and Banette are fighting on Cycling Road! Come on! :D

The embers flying around confirm that it's indeed Sidney's room, seen in some screenshots, but I think it would suit Flannery's Gym, taking into account her new design. Lava for a Dragon type gym is ok but embers linked to Dark? The Japanese look only confirms that Sidney is now based on a Yakuza guy, as if it's akward face and bling-bling weren't evidence enough. :rolleyes:

Dat updated music!
Dem updated graphics!
Dat nostalgia!
Dat everything!!!
Just like old times! Except better! :D

Ok, now that that's out of my system, I would like to bring something up. Am I the only one that noticed that you wear a diving mask whenever you use Dive now? That always bothered me back in the day. I always assumed you held your breath for like 5 minutes straight.

Leaf_Ranger said:
I have mixed feelings. I'm still sore about Rustboro "City" now being a place full of gound level houses and no tall buildings and the new evil teams' redesign. Glad to see that in cutscenes, people are in their normal size, because Maxie seemed way too much like bobblehads.
I'll buy the game when it's at a lower price, since it doesn't feel as new as when going from Gold to Sapphire. That said, I know I'll still enjoy myself.
I remember you wanted ORAS to be similar as possible to Ruby/Sapphire (it's a remake!), you were "flying back to Hoenn"... and now you don't like no more the game concept because it doesn't introduce nothing "new". What else can you ask to a remake like ORAS? Awesome graphic, improved contests system, and much much more!

RealSlim said:
Leaf_Ranger said:
I remember you wanted ORAS to be similar as possible to Ruby/Sapphire (it's a remake!), you were "flying back to Hoenn"... and now you don't like no more the game concept because it doesn't introduce nothing "new". What else can you ask to a remake like ORAS? Awesome graphic, improved contests system, and much much more!

Since when does remake = nothing new? Because I've seen several remakes that have done more than this, HGSS is a good example.

I think Game Freak needs to step things up a bit, especially considering how the series has improved since HGSS. I mean, we have third version games and sequels that do dex expansions and new areas? What about some actual new features and some more redesigns (Mt. Pyre and Victory Road were just begging for redesigns, and it doesn't look like they're going to get them)? I get that they have to maintain some sort of familiarity to the originals, but these kinds of things can be done in ways that don't really interfere with that sense while at the same time offering a new experience over the originals. It's really sad that Game Freak has taken a step backwards with this game from Platinum, BW2, and even HGSS in some respects, this game could stand to be so much more than it is.

RealSlim said:
Leaf_Ranger said:

Since it's not an Emerald remake, I still wanted for ORAS to be similar to S/R in certain aspects, like the evil teams outfits and Rustboro City. HG/SS was very much like Gold/Silver updated with Crystal and it still felt new because in the end it knew where to improve and where to let it be like it was. In AS/OR there are too much changes in stuff where it wasn't needed (again, evil teams comes to mind) while others seem to stay the same. And while you may think the outfits and looks of the evil team isn't important, it is to me.
Awesome graphics? While they do seem nice, I couldn't care less about the updated 3D graphics as they're the main reason that Rustboro is now a "town" and that the Hoenn map looks like something coming out of Tetris, namely in the corners.
By some reason, If I'm not mistaken after knowing about Mega-Evolution in Hoenn and seeing the teams, I erased that "flying back to Hoenn" signature. I still posted how I would like to see some changes in the Dex but as more details were revealed, my desire to have these games shrinked and led me to start a new adventure in Emerald.

Edit: Bolt the Cat already touched on some of these things and went deeper than me.

Leaf_Ranger said:
RealSlim said:

Since it's not an Emerald remake, I still wanted for ORAS to be similar to S/R in certain aspects, like the evil teams outfits and Rustboro City. HG/SS was very much like Gold/Silver updated with Crystal and it still felt new. There are too much changes in stuff where it wasn't needed (again, evil teams comes to mind) while others seem to stay the same. And while you may think the outfits and looks of the evil team isn't important, it is to me.
Awesome graphics? While they do seem nice, I couldn't care less about the updated 3D graphics as they're the main reason that Rustboro is now a "town" and that the Hoenn map looks like something coming out of Tetris, namely in the corners.
By some reason, If I'm not mistaken after knowing about Mega-Evolution in Hoenn and seeing the teams, I erased that "flying back to Hoenn" signature. I still posted how I would like to see some changes in the Dex but as more details were revealed, my desire to have these games shrinked and led me to start a new adventure in Emerald.

Edit: Bolt the Cat already touched on some of these things and went deeper than me.
Oh yes, the looks of the evil team is so important to me, in fact I like them so much! The Hoenn map looks like Tetris just like the original map... and the Dex is not a big problem to me... I never felt the "need" of a III Gen remake but, news after news about the new games, I'm just feeling very excited about them: they are smilar in the "soul", but not too much, to the original R/S... and this "not too much" is why I'm loving these remakes!

I just noticed that Brawlys Makuhita is Level 16! -___-

It was lv.18 In RS and lv.19 in Emerald.

kes4XuU.png

(and you can see it's still his final pokemon out of 2)

Yes, these games needed to be much easer /sarcasm
what the heck gamefreak?

Back