• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Oops I Win - Giratina/Hypnotoxic Laser

TheBugManiac

Mi aerodeslizador es lieno de anguilas
Pokemon: 4
4 Giratina PLS

Trainers: 42
4 Professor Juniper
4 Skyla
3 Bianca
1 Random Receiver
4 Bicycle

4 Colress Machine
4 Ether
4 Pokedex

4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
1 Dowsing Machine
3 Virbank City Gym

1 Heavy Ball
1 Super Rod

Energy: 14
4 Plasma Energy
10 Psychic Energy

Strategy:

Dig through a ton of your deck, using Ether and Colress Machine to get a T1 Hex with Hypnotoxic Laser and VCG for a total of 130 damage. This means you could OHKO pretty much any non-EX on the first turn, and threaten to KO EXes on the second turn. If you don't need the 10 extra damage, use Shadow Claw to crunch their hand as well. Dowsing Machine is the most important card in the deck, providing a fifth Hypnotoxic Laser in the late game, or an extra Colress Machine/Ether on your first turn.

The deck is reasonably consistent, achieving a Hypnotoxic Laser + Hex on the first turn about 60% of the time, although getting the Stadium proves difficult sometimes. Fast Darkrai starts are obviously problematic.

No Super Rod or revive? Your opponent only needs to take 4 prizes...

The deck looks good but what happens if you don't win in the first few turns? Im guessing this is a rush deck.

My only suggestion is to make space for a super rod if you can

I understand why this could use a Super Rod, and I'll try it out, but what in the world would I need Mewtwo EX for? This deck already is fast enough, doesn't run DCE, and doesn't really need an answer to Mewtwo because it attacks for >90 with a Psychic type anyway. Besides, any non-plasma Pokemon kill my consistency because I can only accelerate them with the EtherDex engine.

Back