Onix-GX, Starmie-GX and More Revealed from 2 New 'Trainer Battle Decks'!

gema5

Aspiring Trainer
Lol I loved the new combo mechanic. Misty will surely have a strong deck, this starmie is to OP! (With the stadium, wich is wich is broken)

Cybno

Aspiring Trainer
...Onix is actually a pretty good wall card and Starmie isn’t even THAT bad.

The PokeMan 11

Aspiring Trainer
Onix will be the new meta. One energy for 30 and maybe paralysis. 50 w diancie 80 w band 100 w kukui. Etc. Oh and i forgot fliptini

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Will we get these in english?
No one will ever know. Maybe some will be promos or maybe some will be thrown in a set, or some will be just being forgotten forever like the Ash one.
  • Onix- GX - love the HP, but the attacks are unforgivable, you know fighting decks don't have any energy recovery, talk that to Buzzwole. Heck F 30 paralysis can do a niche thing. 3-4 Geodudes because it may seen play as a stall Mon. Also, Grass is a good weakness to have.
  • Starmie-GX - I love the first atk but I still put my bets on NagaQuag, they accel energy without consuming a turn. Heck the main atk can OHKO Blacephalon which is still the one of the best GX in the format. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Pewter City Gym/Cerulean City Gym - good card but with downsides, only specialized to one Pokemon only, and completely outclassed by Brooklet Hill, period. 3 Geodudes Heck both Staryu and Onix needs Brooklet Hill though.
  • Brock's Training/Misty's Water Manipulation - not a fan, too specialized. Heck, these specialized mon don't see play at all (Sorry if I am too negative this time.). 3 Geodudes

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
DOES POKEMON ACTIVELY WANT PEOPLE TO PLAY STALL (or zoroark)
Onix
Basic
200 hp
+stadium 40
+bracer things 50
290 hp
Also, with fliptini, it paralyzes 3 out of 4 turns.
And diance PS makes it do 50 a turn
while paralyzing
and having 290 hp
and hitting weakness on zoroark

Last edited:

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Onix? Not Steelix? Excuse-
Oh, hi Brock.
Onix GX is tanky. It’s something I’d play as an attacker and everyone else play as a tank. It has really good HP and okay damage, but for insane energy costs. If you can attach a Fighting on turn one and then get the T1 Kiawe, you’re gold.
Brock’s Training is busted, but specialized. Powers up an Onix in one turn less. Also doesn’t specify for basic energy, so DCE attachments work as well. However, I’d like everyone to remember that the current Standard Format has no Geodude, Graveler, or Golem.
Brock’s Gym is really good for literally one Pokémon. But, at what it does, it surpasses all.
Starmie GX is good for energy acceleration (and pretty good at that) and combined with Aqua Patch can be an energy accelerating machine. The rest isn’t that good.
Misty’s Water Manipulation is one card for the price of two. Or two for the price of two... the question is, is this or Quagsire better?
Misty’s Gym, well, 40 damage isn’t bad to have, even for just one Pokémon, but it can hit 170 with this and a ‘Band.

That’s what I think. See ya!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
TPCI: YOU WILL LIKE BROCK AND MISTY AS YOUR FAVORITE GYM LEADERS! YOU WILL LOVE THEM WITH ALL YOUR HEART! YOU WILL LOVE THEM OR ELSE!

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Onix is a really good wall and with those support cards seems viable at least as a rouge deck.

Starmie is pretty underwhelming. Sure it accelerates energy to itself but water already has plenty of energy acceleration that is probably more consistent. Although, Starmie would allow you to save bench space. Speculating on the card I think it will probably do best in a full water box that utilizes heavy counts of the new gyrados and Vaporeon GX.