ORAS Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Gameplay Discussion and Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, Ihave crit killed Deoxys 3 times in the Delta Episode! I have had to soft reset to the point where I have to catch Raquaza since you cant save between battles! I have had to catch him in a pokeball 3 times 3!!!! This is making me so mad, even more I catch all the lengends in normal PokeBalls! UGH FREAKING CRITS

Edit: 4 FREAKING TIMES IT HAS NOW HAPPENED IM GOING TO SMASH MY 3DS!
Edit: 5 FREAKING TIMES IT HAS NOW HAPPENED
Edit: 6 FREAKING TIMES IT HAS NOW HAPPENED THIS IS NO JOKE
Edit: IT JUST KILLED ITS SELF WITH STRUGGLE!!!!

It took forever but inhave a Deoxys in a PokeBall

Reggie McGigas said:
Chocolate Death said:
So I just found out I can play ANY battle music found in the version I'm playing. I'm gonna make a Johto water-type team and play Lugia's music when I battle now lol.

How?

Well, I'd just get a party of pokemon from the HGSS dex.

Caught Deoxys, after forever and went to the Battle Resort. I was disapointed it wasnt the Battle Frontier but was so happy when I found a second day care!! Was that in the orignal R/S?

What interesting DexNav Pokemon have you all found? I've found ...

An Ice Punch Machop
A Boomburst Taillow (which flattened me, did not catch)
A couple of hidden-ability Poochyenas
A Pelipper holding the Lucky Egg (!)

Just got the games today. So I was near the ship to slateport and my dexnav shows a red explenation mark and it was a level 15 tailow with sky attack on Search level one . :)

Oh! My bad lol. You gotta hear it at least 1 time in game, and it seems like if you simply run from a legendary you won't unlock the theme. So the theme has to play and the battle needs a conclusion.

Speaking of legendaries and conclusions, how do I get Suicune? It's been a few days and I've had Entei and Raikou and even took the two, AND Lugia, in and out of my party and tried just 2 of them, even having just one and another legendary. Still no luck... What am I doing wrong??

My blind nuzlocke of Alpha Sapphire was over in about 20 minutes after losing my only Pokemon to a level five Taillow's Brave Bird.

In that moment, memories of Blue Kaizo came flooding back to me, and I was terrified more than I had ever been.

So, take two. Just wanted to share what happened to me because that's out-of-this-world crazy.

Finished the game and I have to say it was pretty awesome! The Delta Episode was meh. Zinnah IMO is a bad character, she is just a creepy person who almost destroyed the world by destroying the meteor transporter. And all this was based off her gut feelings and the stories her ancestors told her. The only good part of the Delta Episode was the cutscene where you fight Deoxys. That honestly was my favorite cutscene ever in a Pokemon game. It gave me goosebumps, and it reminded me of the movie Interstellar when Cooper goes into Gargantua. I had to SR 5 times for Deoxys as I kept killing it with critical hits though o_O

Anyways, the new features are pretty sweet. Soaring is absolutely awesome, and the DexNav is useful (but DexNav chaining is impossible!). I'm glad that Chain Fishing returned or else there'd be no way I could get my Shiny Wailord! Plus, I'm glad that Move Tutors are back, I got my Sceptile to learn Dragon Pulse.

Aside from the Delta Episode, I did feel that some of the gym leaders were kind of plain. Aside from Norman, Wattson, and Wallace, I didn't see any gym leaders outside of their gym. It made the rest of them feel plain. They made the same mistake with X/Y, placing in forgettable gym leaders like Olympia that had no backstory at all. Literally, their only dialouge was when you talk to them in their gym. In games like Black and White you talked to pretty much every gym leader outside of their gym and they helped you fight Team Plasma.

Overall, I'd rate the game 9/10. Everything is solid but the Delta Episode, as well as the two-dimensional gym leaders that slightly bring the story down. The new features and the Deoxys battle make up for it, though.

Reggie McGigas said:
I had to SR 5 times for Deoxys as I kept killing it with critical hits though o_O

I feel the pain, I had to Sr 6ish times because pf crits and about 4 times due to the dumb thing killing its self woth struggle....

FoxFire said:
What interesting DexNav Pokemon have you all found? I've found ...

An Ice Punch Machop
A Boomburst Taillow (which flattened me, did not catch)
A couple of hidden-ability Poochyenas
A Pelipper holding the Lucky Egg (!)
I've found a Sky Attack Taillow and a Boomburst Taillow
A level 2 Lotad with Giga Drain.
A Poison Heal Shroomish with Seed Bomb and a Poison Heal Shroomish with Wake-Up Slap and a Shroomish with Drain Punch.
An Elekid (post game) with Fire Punch holding an Electirizer.
A Phantump (post-game) with Venom Drench

I caught all of those.

We're locking this thread, since it has too many different discussions going, which makes it difficult to focus on a topic. Please remember to keep threads specific. This way you can easily talk about something without unrelated posts filling the thread.

We made a new thread to discuss the OR/AS Gameplay, such as the new features, story, design, music, characters, and other aspects here.
We also made a thread for in-game progress here, where you can also mention which interesting Pokémon you found with the DexNav! (Also if you already finished the game.)

For other questions or topics (even short questions), please make new threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back