Official Digimon Thread

TokenDuelist said:
So anyone here excited for Cyber Sleuth?

It looks dope. I haven't played any Digimon games since Dusk and World on the DS forever ago, but I definitely would buy it if Bamco localized it.

Speaking of localizing, Digimon World Re: Digitize Decode also looks super cool and it should totally come west. Namco Bandai has at least acknowledged the petition to make that happen, so there's still hope!

Starboard Driger said:
TokenDuelist said:
So anyone here excited for Cyber Sleuth?

It looks dope. I haven't played any Digimon games since Dusk and World on the DS forever ago, but I definitely would buy it if Bamco localized it.

Speaking of localizing, Digimon World Re: Digitize Decode also looks super cool and it should totally come west. Namco Bandai has at least acknowledged the petition to make that happen, so there's still hope!

Yes! While I'm bummed that Cyber Sleuth is on the PSVita and not the 3DS ((considering it is the 5th sequel to the above mentioned Dawn and Dusk and Digimon World DS.. ) it makes sense because they clearly want to appeal to the western market, they even showed this it seems by shoving both english and japanese split options into the game's menus and general buttons.

I really hope we get Decode because I have been hoping to play it since Re:Digitize was even announced.

In other news

Magnamon and Kimeramon, as well as who knows what (It has slipped that we may be getting tamer skills too!) are being added to DMO in just a few short hours! Anyone planning to fight the raid boss or get some fancy armor Digimon?

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVnqtcBcsPo[/video]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-01/digimon-adventure-anime-returns-next-spring-in-high-school-sequel/.77195

YOOOOOO

Wait what?
I just saw this thread and I was going to rant and complain about how the digimon series is nothing like it used to be.
And I see this teaser video and now I'm full of tears and excitement. Yo, please don't say this is fake. Someone convince me of the legitimacy of this video. First Sailor Moon, now Digimon! what's next, DBZ? The only thing I have to say about this happening is... I will NEVER grow up. lmao
Not with all my favorite childhood shows coming back like this! lol

Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes! I was (still am) a huuuuge Digimon fan. I was browsing this thread earlier at work and saw the trailer, and got so excited. I can't wait. It pulled at so many heart-strings, and I feel like I'm going to have to marathon through Zero-One to Tamers while they're on Netflix, and re-watch Frontier (for the millionth time) through Xros Wars. I have enough time, it seems.

Pikachu19 said:
Wait what?
I just saw this thread and I was going to rant and complain about how the digimon series is nothing like it used to be.
And I see this teaser video and now I'm full of tears and excitement. Yo, please don't say this is fake. Someone convince me of the legitimacy of this video. First Sailor Moon, now Digimon! what's next, DBZ? The only thing I have to say about this happening is... I will NEVER grow up. lmao

Sorry but Digimon was just only getting better lmao. I don't think it got worse.

but I am looking forward to this new season, especially considering it's been leaked that Hackmon will be joining them. Among the merch - it also implies Alphamon will be making an appearance as well.

TokenDuelist said:
Pikachu19 said:
Wait what?

Sorry but Digimon was just only getting better lmao. I don't think it got worse.

but I am looking forward to this new season, especially considering it's been leaked that Hackmon will be joining them. Among the merch - it also implies Alphamon will be making an appearance as well.

Eh, it's all a matter of opinion I guess. My favorites were the first three installments of the series. I was still an avid watcher of the show when series 4/5 came about but they didn't have the appeal that the others had for me. But I couldn't get past 3 episodes of xros wars. Sucks because I did want to know how tai got involved with the ending of it. lol

I like both Digimon and Pokémon. But they all have their strong and weak points, the first two seasons of the Digimon anime are amazing, but Pokémon makes better games.

Maybe something fun to post here, Pokémon & Digimon crossover evolutions:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsXXvZd2of0[/video]

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko6o1dExSzM[/video]

I re-watched Adventure 01... last year? and I remember liking it a fair bit if only because the characters weren't flat. I've wanted to start marathoning 02 but I've either had better things to do, didn't want to or haven't had the time.

The one series I never see spoken of, though, is Data Squad/Savers; why is that? I remember it being fairly good before they pulled Jetix completely off the air.

I'm so excited for Digimon Tri after seeing it's artwork.
I haven't watched digimon for a really long time so this is a huge deal for me! Does anyone have any info regarding it's development or any general knowledge of the series? They've been advertising spring 2015 and I know we're only a month in but still that's not very far away.
Surely they'd start some sort of promo soon to build up hype, right?

Pikachu19 said:
I'm so excited for Digimon Tri after seeing it's artwork.
I haven't watched digimon for a really long time so this is a huge deal for me! Does anyone have any info regarding it's development or any general knowledge of the series? They've been advertising spring 2015 and I know we're only a month in but still that's not very far away.
Surely they'd start some sort of promo soon to build up hype, right?

What we know so far:
  • It takes place after the 4th Movie
  • It will be about the Royal Knights. As implied by the Digivice toy for this season.
  • Hackmon is among the Digimon obtainable in the Digivice. Implying that it's either on it's own, or there will be a new chosen child who joins them.
  • It will mainly focus on the Season 1 cast. But the Season 2 cast will be involved (Which should be obvious since they need Imperialdramon)
  • All their Digimon will become capable of Warp-Digivolving. The methods of how they were able to obtain it are unknown. (Possibly due to new power, or perhaps an alteration in the timeline after being in the Xros Wars universe)
  • It will be geared to an older audience and deal with more mature situations

As for Digimon news

It's confirmed that Cyber Sleuth takes place sometime after Digimon World Dawn/Dusk. Where in this scenario Sayo has become a Platinum Tamer and her reason for being in the game is for a post-game Seven Demon Lords quest like the very first game. Though unlike the first game they have no ill intent for the Digital World, and she merely wants to assert her power. So far we know one of her Digimon is Dianamon, and it's probably safe to assume she also has MirageGaogamon on her team. Personally I'm hoping this means we'll be able to visit Night Claw.

Edit: Apparently this is actually an extra post-game DLC story. The DLC however is free. It was revealed that Dianamon will be able to "Digivolve" past Mega. This is likely a Burst Mode or a new Digimon being introduced into the Super Mega line.

Back